Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Sep 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1708718)   #26
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Montoya was the only driver who interested me.
Alonso is the driver I currently support as I think he is a good person with decent values on and off the track, but he doesn't have the bulldog elbows out spirit of say Mansell or Montoya.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 12:24 (Ref:1708762)   #27
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"I dont recall many favourable posts of Kimi"

I don't think it's that hard to find posts that i openly credit and praise Kimi Raikkonen, and stressing the desire of hoping to see Kimi in a Ferrari. Very odd for me to do so if i don't like him. By any chance, do you know that i quite like Mika both as a driver and person too?

Maybe you got the impression because of my less than favorable view of Ron Dennis, which you may interprete as not liking Mclaren or it's drivers. I respect Ron's abilities as a manager and his success, but not his tendency to be sour and sore and sacarstic over many issues, an overly professionally created team image and the denial of any team preferences which has existed (but Flavio's taking over at the top recently).
Old 12 Sep 2006, 12:34 (Ref:1708768)   #28
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANT1...
What are the thoughts of all the Schumacher fans?
Is Max Moseley a member here now then?
Old 12 Sep 2006, 19:10 (Ref:1709121)   #29
LampCord
Racer

LampCord should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest
Hmm, I don't think I'll support another driver within a couple of years as I did with Schumacher.
That's exactly how I feel. My admiration of Schumacher evolved over a series of years watching his brilliant driving under pressure time after time.

These are very big shoes to fill.

I think I'll enjoy watching the rivalry between Alonso and Kimi develop. To me, Alonso is the one that seems to have a real fire in his belly to win. Kimi seems content to just go fast and let the chips fall where they may. But FA is Michael's rival at the end so there are mixed emotions there.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 19:28 (Ref:1709130)   #30
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Montoya was the only driver who interested me.
Alonso is the driver I currently support as I think he is a good person with decent values on and off the track, but he doesn't have the bulldog elbows out spirit of say Mansell or Montoya.
I dunno? I reckon he has got that styley but realises he doesn't always have to drive like that to get the job done.

I might just like to say, i'm not a Schumacher supporter (either of them) and I don't think we'll ever see anyone equal what he's done ever again.

If the revisions come through as planned for 2008 it'll make it more difficult for teams to construct themselves in the fashion that allowed Schuey to achieve such eminence and enable him to get on with the job so effortlessly.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 19:52 (Ref:1709143)   #31
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer

If the revisions come through as planned for 2008 it'll make it more difficult for teams to construct themselves in the fashion that allowed Schuey to achieve such eminence and enable him to get on with the job so effortlessly.
At least we'll know then who the best driver is.So long as politics doesn't interfere of course.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 21:04 (Ref:1709175)   #32
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANT...
Who will Schumacher fans support next year?
They won't. For the next fifteen years or so, they'll gamely sport the Schumacher apparel and doggedly wave the MS flag at their home GP each year, all the while lamenting the introduction of no drivers aids and pining for the old days of traction control and soulless drivers.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 21:29 (Ref:1709192)   #33
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
When you support a driver you won't think about it. He/she will just come to you.
I agree. supporting a driver is like falling in love. You don't choose it, it happens. And that's why some people get soooo passionate about it.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 21:35 (Ref:1709196)   #34
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As a german, I will still be supporting Nico Rosberg and on/off Nick Heidfeld.

As a scot, born n bred, I'll still be a David Coulthard supporter!

Not much change there then, but minus Herr Schumacher of course!
Old 12 Sep 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1709200)   #35
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He/she will just come to you.
Is there a throwing up smiley? Surely tongue in cheek........?
Old 12 Sep 2006, 23:35 (Ref:1709256)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo
I agree. supporting a driver is like falling in love. You don't choose it, it happens. And that's why some people get soooo passionate about it.
Then I guess I should have died of a broken heart...
Old 13 Sep 2006, 18:43 (Ref:1709717)   #37
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm still, I guess, on the Rosberg/Kubica/Kovaleinen bandwagon in terms of favourite underdogs (or inexperienced drivers, at least), but for me there is no other Schumacher (sorry, Ralf) in the field today. If I had to, I'd support Massa and Barrichello, although i may go back to liking Raikkonen like I did in his 2001 debut season.
Old 14 Sep 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1710318)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Diff
Is there a throwing up smiley? Surely tongue in cheek........?
No, just worded extremely badly!
Old 14 Sep 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1710440)   #39
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I'll be supporting a New Zealand driver,but considering its 22 years since the last Kiwi raced an F1 car I'll just keep waiting..............................
Old 14 Sep 2006, 19:22 (Ref:1710444)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
....and waiting....
Old 15 Sep 2006, 07:37 (Ref:1710714)   #41
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender
I'll be supporting a New Zealand driver,but considering its 22 years since the last Kiwi raced an F1 car I'll just keep waiting..............................
Well if Van Der Drift keeps going the way he is it might not be that long....
Old 15 Sep 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1711326)   #42
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A workmate the other day was close to tears the other day and was very offendered when I stated how happy I was he was leaving. Who will they support ? Does anyone care ?
Old 15 Sep 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1711336)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was down to tears too, couldn't believe it finally happened !!!
Old 15 Sep 2006, 20:05 (Ref:1711355)   #44
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I still have his picture pinned up.................on my dartboard!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 21:18 (Ref:1712027)   #45
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I have to say, anyone who now says Kimi is just jumping on the bandwagon, because he is a known quantity. Afterall, it's easy to support someone who is already successfull.

I have to agree with Knowlesy, but it has to come naturally.

Quote:
When you support a driver you won't think about it. He/she will just come to you.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1712030)   #46
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
At least we'll know then who the best driver is.So long as politics doesn't interfere of course.
I have to say, i have wondered if F1 will be so political, especially when things seem to go in Ferrari's favour post 2006