Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 1 Aug 2006, 07:35 (Ref:1669638)   #26
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To those of you who didn't hear Gary Dearn's message of thanks on Sunday, he acknowledged that perhaps the meeting was a bit long and they will be reviewing the timetable again. Remember how long it was last year even though it was only two days, I think !

Thanks for the magnums Sheila and good work with car 61 Chezza.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1669675)   #27
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Long Days!

Just to confirm Gary Dearn's message that the subject of 'long days' and 'short breaks' will be fed back into the debrief on the meeting and will, hopefully, be addressed for next year.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1669825)   #28
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was good to see a smiling Willie Green in the pitlane after his nasty accident at Goodwood last year.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1670039)   #29
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was at Luffield In Friday and Priory Saturday. Couldn't do Sunday, hope the weather held out. A great couple of days, with great company. Had a good view of Bill Shepherd's Cobra fire. He did the sensible thing and the fire marshals did a great job (120 lts of fuel, a ruptured fuel tank and a hot car!).
Very glad to see Bill and ALL marshals were O.K.
Also had a good view of the whizzo roll. Once again, speedily dealt with by the marshals. Excellent bacon butties & tea from the Hegarty insurance, on a still clear Saturday morning, will watching the balloons go up.
Campsite was good, but didn't get far from my tent as I was worn out and wanted to get a look around the paddock.
All in all, another great meeting from the HSCC.
Old 1 Aug 2006, 19:03 (Ref:1670222)   #30
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthportFC Fan
Thanks for the magnums Sheila and good work with car 61 Chezza.
Steve - I'll let you off not being able to spell my name! I think the Magnums were well deserved by all (and its a good way of ingratiating yourself with the "staff" - especially when you are only pretending to observe).

But Chezza only has herself to blame - we did point out that the pork pie was tempting fate. One big accident, one lost wheel and then Whizzo upside down! It had been a quiet day up until then.......
Old 2 Aug 2006, 08:48 (Ref:1670693)   #31
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
<looks innocent> but I was hungry and the pie looked so nice! Fortunately the guy was ok, saw him wandering round the pitlane later on in the day.

The ice creams were a wonderful touch, thanks Shelagh and Steve!

Last edited by chezza; 2 Aug 2006 at 08:56.
Old 2 Aug 2006, 10:30 (Ref:1670769)   #32
scorch
Racer

England
scorch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Err pork pie chezza... now you should better than that.

The fire did not seem that big dealing with it, was not till i saw the photos from a snapper (thank joanne Burnett) that i saw just how high the flames got.

And i would like to offer my thanks to the classic bike marshalls (if any of them hang about here) that helped out with the bike loop, what a great bunch of people look forward to working with you again.

Last edited by scorch; 2 Aug 2006 at 10:32.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 09:03 (Ref:1671889)   #33
SouthportFC Fan
Racer

Wales
Southport
SouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSouthportFC Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Steve - I'll let you off not being able to spell my name! I think the Magnums were well deserved by all (and its a good way of ingratiating yourself with the "staff" - especially when you are only pretending to observe).
Sorry, I'll get it right on the Christmas card !!

Old 5 Aug 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1673812)   #34
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You are forgiven. It was nice to see you again, and to be able to chat when those noisy cars weren't going past!

And we still can't figure out how long it is since we've seen Laura...nice to see she is still able to enjoy herself nowhere near the cars!!!!