Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 14 May 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1609441)   #26
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds a great race from all reports. Look foward to the footage when its gets down here.
Old 14 May 2006, 11:56 (Ref:1609457)   #27
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dominguez is clot of the weekend. Threw away what was a great performance and handed another victory to Bourdais.

It's no wonder he's hard to beat.
Old 14 May 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1609459)   #28
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dominguez did a similar boneheaded move at Denver last year going straight on again down an escape road I believe but on the last lap got his 2nd back by passing AJ....it seems when ever he puts a great drive in, he over shoots his limit...
Old 14 May 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1609490)   #29
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looked like such a bad accident for Tags even though under the safety car I believe, thankfully he was ok...I guess we haven't had a crash that bad since Carpentier's at Surfers Paradise in 2004?
Old 14 May 2006, 13:40 (Ref:1609528)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It wasn't that bad. Looked worse than it was.
Old 14 May 2006, 14:22 (Ref:1609563)   #31
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was a pretty good race except for that one yellow period that went on too long. Also I think they could pull the wall back a little on the left near the chicane. The track looked nice, wide, bumpy and fast. Looks like they have a lot to build on for next year.
Old 14 May 2006, 21:59 (Ref:1609909)   #32
drewdawg727
Veteran

United States
New York
drewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddrewdawg727 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An eventful night...
It sounds like Jon Beekhius is having a great time as a commentator...he is constantly cracking jokes!!

It seems like Bourdais is unbeatable and he will be for a long time..can we start to believe that he will take a 3rd championship..?
Old 15 May 2006, 07:41 (Ref:1610228)   #33
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Decent race with some interesting moments. It's a shame we didn't get a fight for the lead in the end, with Dominguez screwing up.
Old 15 May 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1610599)   #34
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Yeah. Domingeuz should be on a mission now to win for Forsythe, the next round is this weekend at Monterrey, his home circuit, all the fans will be cheering him on, maybe he can win.
Old 15 May 2006, 15:05 (Ref:1610667)   #35
SPRacer
Racer

United States
St. Petersburg, FL
SPRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was a bit worried about the track layout and bumpiness at first, but it really turned out to be a pretty entertaining race. When Allmendinger and Bruno bumped and went sideways through a turn - and then both recovered - I just about jumped off of the couch in excitement.
Old 17 May 2006, 00:11 (Ref:1611998)   #36
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really enjoyed it the race. Lots of good action - particularly the battle where there were about 5 drivers in the middle going at it.

And bumps aside, it was a pretty good layout. Shame about that crappy chicane though .....

Don't know how the commentators could blame Will Power for his clash with Zwolsman and at the same time lay any blame on Servia for his incident with Tagliani. Servia was a lot further alongside Alex than Zwolsman was on Power.

And I cannot understand Power's penalty. Zwolsman was nowhere near pulling the move off - he only just got his front wheel alongside Will's rear wheel. So Power was locked up ..... he was still turning in on the racing line!

I also saw a totally ridiculous move by Phillippe on Legge that did not result in a penalty.

If you ask me, Zwolsman was the one not paying attention.

Last edited by mac; 17 May 2006 at 00:13.
Old 17 May 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1612464)   #37
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Indeed Phillippe's move on Legge was pretty poor...yet some how he deserves driver of the race by some because he finished 4th? It was only down to attrition...I've also noticed on a forum where he posts they are all brown nosing him and most other drivers that post there...hypocrits...
Old 17 May 2006, 19:40 (Ref:1612868)   #38
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewdawg727
can we start to believe that he will take a 3rd championship..?
Nah, this is Wilson's year.

...and now I've said that watch Bourdais win by a huge margin.
Old 17 May 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1612882)   #39
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
I definately feel Wilson can win, as I've said before, the Newman / Haas / Bourdais / Street package is basically a win everytime, well it's hard to beat Bourdais, but Wilson will defiantely win multiple races, but then again so should Dinger, he should atleast win once this year, I hope it will happen but it probably won't.
Old 18 May 2006, 16:52 (Ref:1613597)   #40
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least there was some passing! There were also some action packed times where slow cars bottled up others and caused swarms of cars trying to get by each other.

Dominguez had the race win in his pocket. With all the yellows that happened after he overshot the braking zone he could have coasted. I found that very frustrating. It was nice to see someone new go for the win.

I didn't see how Bourdais got around PT. PT was no where close to Bourdais' pace. Bourdais has really improved his restarts. PT no longer seems to have any advantage on restarts. Junquiera seemed awfully slow as well.

Pastorelli's performance was awfull. I'm not so sure that he has the talent to be in CC.

Zwolsman has shown a fair bit of pace, I think he is a good addition to the series.

Ranger is still struggling away. What happened to him??