Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 30 Mar 2005, 23:36 (Ref:1265815)   #26
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov
Mac, I think your taking this a bit personal. This has nothing to do with Team Australia, but losing Derrick Walkers name.
Not at all. I am referring to the moaning about the "loss" of the Walker Racing name.

I prefer to think the considerable investment from external interests is a good thing.

I also think the fact Walker was struggling to field two cars and the fact that we now have two committed, well-funded cars on the grid is a huge positive.

Also, the fact that Derrick Walker maintains a strong role within the team is a huge positive - it would be a concern if he was being totally lost to Champ Car.

I just think the positives in this situation far outweigh any negatives.

Besides, the Walker Racing name still technically exists, and if you believe rumours may be looking at trying to field a separate car for Haberfeld.

And I think Timo Glock will be a superb addition to the series [/end transparent attempt to make this post seem relevant to the topic ]

Last edited by mac; 30 Mar 2005 at 23:37.
Old 31 Mar 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1266226)   #27
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fair enough, I probably am being a bit too negative about all this - Derrick Walker is still involved, and we have an exciting new combination of team owners with a long-term plan, who've brought a driver in from a key market, alongside one the better established drivers, giving Derrick a chance to be involved with a competitive car again, and mostly concentrate on the aspecrts he enjoys rather than having to count the cents (although Scottish people tend to do that on instinct anyway...)
Old 31 Mar 2005, 23:30 (Ref:1266719)   #28
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's the spirit Boots!
Old 1 Apr 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1267197)   #29
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's nice to see Glock and DHL on board. At last count we've got drivers from Germany, France, Sweden and the UK, with Holland and Catalonia possible to come as well, so good European coverage ought to be a formality. Other than the UK and Portugal, each European country has more chance of one of its drivers winning this series than the other one, so the basis for a good following on this side of the Pond is in place.

Last edited by N I Tram; 1 Apr 2005 at 14:53.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1267417)   #30
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
You're a "glass is half empty" kind of guy, aren't you Boots?
You onyl want an empty glass if you're already merry.
Old 1 Apr 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1267504)   #31
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Champ Car and Rocketsports websites are officially announcing the signing now.

Quote:
LANSING, Mich. (April 1, 2005) - Rocketsports Racing announced today that it has signed a deal with former Formula One driver Timo Glock to drive the team's second entry for the 2005 Bridgestone Presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford season. The young German driver will pilot the No. 8 DHL Global Ford-Cosworth/Lola/Bridgestone starting at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach on April 8-10.
So, can we expect another yellow and red car?

Last edited by StickShift; 1 Apr 2005 at 22:21.