Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 Dec 2005, 04:27 (Ref:1485132)   #26
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but the teams know the radios go to air, punter wouldnt know the bugged room would be broadcast, hencee the term bugged.

but, if 888 fine for that, should sbr have got a fine similar for ambroses comments after the balaclava-gate ?
Old 16 Dec 2005, 05:08 (Ref:1485140)   #27
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CAMS must have been short on their budget for the month...every little bit helps
Old 16 Dec 2005, 05:20 (Ref:1485144)   #28
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In CAMS's defence (choke), when you go motor racing, you agree to be bound by their rules. You sign a piece of paper to that effect.

Pit crews' actions are the responsibility of the entrant and / or driver. So CAMS are entitled to fine 888 (gag, cough). I remember thinking at the time that they'd be lucky to get away with that.

Doesn't mean I don't think the whole system is flawed and that the watchers desperately need watching. 'quis custodiet ipsos custodes?' ('who watches the watchmen?') - Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347

Of course, even thinking these sorts of things can get you in trouble. Both in motor sport and generally - these new laws that the federal Government is bringing (specifically 'sedition' provisions) are pretty scary too. I'll be one of the first against the wall even for suggesting that, while Janette has one, John is one.

Kramer
Old 16 Dec 2005, 05:30 (Ref:1485145)   #29
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The word about the halls is that CAMS have not been receiving the amount of income from track licences that they thought they would be so far in 2005/2006 - and that this will drop even more in 2006 as two circuits in particular head towards their decision on whether to renew or not!
Old 16 Dec 2005, 06:31 (Ref:1485149)   #30
Woolcor
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane Qld
Woolcor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow storyline, that's one hell of a conspiracy theory. I'd love to hear your take on who shot JFK.

Punter, the difference between your example and this one is that Ponting doesn't imply that the umpire is a cheat.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 07:16 (Ref:1485153)   #31
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Which theory? The second one (the money and the track licences) has been talked about now for a few months, the first one is something talked about by quite a few people - but having the evidence to make the claim with certainty is harder to find.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 09:27 (Ref:1485181)   #32
spook
Veteran

spook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the "offence" occurred during the conversation between the driver and his engineer, I would cry foul on this penalty.

The engineer at times may tell driver's "white lies" or "un-truths" or simply "agree with the driver's emotions" at the time to "control" the driver's reaction/behaviour. The engineer's role is to get the best from the car and driver, and if that means sticking it up whoever, then that's his JOB.

No one should be penalised for doing his job to the best of his abilities, especially when CH10 rubs their hands with glee over a juicy tidbit that eventually cost someone $10,000.

It never used to be like this. I remember when DJ had a rear wing failure on his Falcon on Conrod one year and in the heat of the moment said that the design as required by CAMS was "as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike" - no fine on that occasion. They are the sort of character comments that Ch seriously really want in their telecast - but easedropping on "heat of the moment" conversations is not the way to do it.

Last edited by spook; 16 Dec 2005 at 09:29. Reason: S P E L L I N G
Old 16 Dec 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1485190)   #33
BFC
Racer

BFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
Of course the fact that no one knew the offence occured prior to the car arriving meant that he rightly believed they had done no wrong during the actual stop so I cant blame him for being upset.

I don't see the stewards investigating the AVE$CO pit lane officials for their incorrect passing on of the offence to the team. Then again are the AVE$CO officials CAMS licenced like the rest of us have to be, reminds me must send my renewal in or they wont let me work at the F1GP next year.
had to send my renewal in when i spoke to someone on phone about i asked why i needed one answer was "so u can work at racetracks" when i said i had an AASA lincence and do bugger all CAMS meetings the reply was AAGGHHH or something like that
Old 16 Dec 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1485194)   #34
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
CAMS have actually renewed my officials license after I told them earlier in the year that I was not going to be involved in officiating for them in anyform, and have offered me a better role (and higher grades) at the GP to get me back.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 12:11 (Ref:1485243)   #35
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice Datto, you can go & sit with Timmy & JT in RC, and be really important.......
Old 16 Dec 2005, 13:50 (Ref:1485295)   #36
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
Nah, just filed it where I file all of my other cams stuff, and took up my Dad's offer of a 4 day Pit Exit suite pass.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1485466)   #37
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still maintain that the coversations are monitored by Ch. 10 and only the "juicy bits" go to air.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1485525)   #38
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
The so called "live" coverage is on a 5 minute delay as well, so the comments made , and the drivers swearing can easily be edited out, but they want the ratings. Unfortunaely, this leads to issues like Brad Jones getting fined for swearing on air in a radio conversation to Kim Jones, that neither of them knew was being transmitted, as well as other like incidents.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1485534)   #39
spook
Veteran

spook should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd suggest that unless a gentleman's agreement is reached between the teams, Ch10 and CAMS over the use/misuse of these private conversations, many teams may simply refuse to be involved with in-car cameras/audio and use encrypted radio in the near future.

Problem solved for the teams, but a loss for the viewers.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1485542)   #40
milktruck racin
Rookie

milktruck racin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well all this wouldn't have been a problem if the wheel carrier for the RHR had not had the spare wheel nut retained to his radio belt instead of in the pocket, so when he went to place the wheel on the ground, the wheel nut fell out of his pocket and rolled across the control lane prior to the stop and with the avesco official standing metres away, had to report. Now this is a tight rope line for what the rule is, if an engineer walked to the pit wall and dropped his pen along the way, he to could cause the car he is engineering to cop a drive through, but how fine is that line when the car is on the race track and you drop something accidently in the fast lane????????????
Old 16 Dec 2005, 22:01 (Ref:1485553)   #41
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2k now 8k suspended, so in effect a 2k fine, whooopy doodar .

Who gives a dam, 2k to stick it up CAMS probally seems cheap
I wonder how long it is suspended for, the rest of the season, 3 months ?? neither are in effect going to happen as there is no racing for 4 months anyway

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 16 Dec 2005, 22:05 (Ref:1485556)   #42
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
It states in the report - suspended until Dec 31 2006 - a long time given a complete season is ahead of the team.
Old 16 Dec 2005, 22:11 (Ref:1485561)   #43
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be interested in Roland's reaction. I don't think he will enjoy the rulling too much. He certainly sticks up for his boys when they are called to arms.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 00:44 (Ref:1485594)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My question is... what recourse do the teams have to complain about the umpire in V8Supercar?

If the clubs think the judiciary has done the wrong thing in NRL, they can write to the CEO of the NRL, and make all sorts of submissions to get particular incidents and standards of judicial behaviuor looked at

In the Supercar universe, all you get is a few seconds on #10 to make your mark.

Sometimes people put the words across in a very cutting yet not totally derrogatory way (ala Mr K. Jones or Mr R.Stone) others the team representative just goes off his nut, uncensored, live on international television

Build a process around smacking the umpires on the wrist when they are not consistent, improve their accountability, and the need to go public with the anger about the process will largely go away... except for WPS of course
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Dec 2005, 06:27 (Ref:1485633)   #45
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200Datto27
The so called "live" coverage is on a 5 minute delay as well, so the comments made , and the drivers swearing can easily be edited out, but they want the ratings. Unfortunaely, this leads to issues like Brad Jones getting fined for swearing on air in a radio conversation to Kim Jones, that neither of them knew was being transmitted, as well as other like incidents.
The races that are so called live go from the track to a computer *server* at 10 and then transmitted to your house. I don't think the delay is 5 minutes more like under a minute.

If a race is delayed then they pull it off the *server* as they want it. (server may not be the correct term for the thingie that holds the telecast)

All the teams know the radio broadcasts can and will be put to air at 10's discression so how hard must it be to avoid this kind of thing from happening.

..............and some of these CAMS theories going on in this thread ..... well the CAMS people would be wearing nappies to work so their wet trousers don't show when they read this forum. (they probably stopped reading years ago)

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 17 Dec 2005, 06:42 (Ref:1485635)   #46
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
If you watch the bigpond coverage of the same race, there is usually around a 5 minute delay with the 10 telecast compared to the bigpond netcast, so either bigpond is advanced in to the future, or 10 is on a delay.
Old 17 Dec 2005, 06:50 (Ref:1485637)   #47
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do watch BigPond and they are about 30 sec behind 10 (normally)

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 17 Dec 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1485646)   #48
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Internet do not require (or use) the same delays free to air have to endure.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1486225)   #49
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro
..............and some of these CAMS theories going on in this thread ..... well the CAMS people would be wearing nappies to work so their wet trousers don't show when they read this forum. (they probably stopped reading years ago)
I can assure you they still read it, because a credible poster (whom I know very well) has been accused by CAMS of being me, and this happened only recently.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1486239)   #50
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hml2777
a credible poster (whom I know very well) has been accused by CAMS of being me, and this happened only recently.

If it's who I think it is then I wouldn't describe him as credible