Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Jan 2007, 12:13 (Ref:1809516)   #26
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's over for Ambrose, but it still would be interesting who would get his signature to drive their car, Seto and Ambrose in a HRT car what publisity for Holden/HRT, Murphy and Ambrose together would be awsome the puch up over who does the first stint or the punch up of who is the co-driver, WPS with the link to his NASCAR team, SBR the team he was with that delivered the 2 championships to him, would definatly be very interestin if he was on the market.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1809527)   #27
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA
Any thoughts?
Yeah. I think it won't come up because he doesn't actually want to come back and race V8Supercars. Not even for Bathurst.
Old 8 Jan 2007, 23:41 (Ref:1810051)   #28
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Caltex Racing has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

the Teams he will like drive for are:
  1. WPS
  2. 888
  3. SBR
Old 9 Jan 2007, 01:20 (Ref:1810086)   #29
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The teams he will drive for at least in the future couple of years are zilch.
Old 9 Jan 2007, 16:09 (Ref:1810487)   #30
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now lets boil and tear this thing down. Ambrose has got a few choices

#1. WPS- I think his best chance, due to Craig Gore heavily backing Marcos with his NASCAR dream.

#2. SBR- Knows everyone there and gave them back-to-back championships. Gets along with both Ingall and Courtney, and Ambrose's sponsor Jeld-Wen/Stegbar sponsor Courtney's falcon.

#3. Team Vodafone- Part of the SBR engineering family due to 888 getting SBR made powerplants. Is good friends with Lowndes and knows some staff due to having been working at SBR in the past (Like Lowndes' engineer for example).
#4. HRT- Is friends with Skaife (even though it has been shown they are bitter rivals on track, but not off the track). But with contracts with Ford ANZUS (Australia, New Zealand, United States) this is near impossible to join the team for the enduros, even though HRT normally go well at the 1000 (Just need better clutches).
Old 9 Jan 2007, 21:45 (Ref:1810760)   #31
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Razor - he's not coming back. He does not like racing with the people of V8Supercars. Accept it and move on.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 02:29 (Ref:1810919)   #32
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore
Razor - he's not coming back. He does not like racing with the people of V8Supercars. Accept it and move on.
It has nothing to do with him not liking the people in V8 Supercars or racing with them. He has many friends in pitlane and would happily race them again tomorrow if that was his best option career wise. It isnt as he has a chance to do what no other Aussie has done, compete at the highest level in America in Nascar. We should all support him and hope that he does not come back for a few years because he is kicking some Yanky butt...
Old 10 Jan 2007, 02:49 (Ref:1810929)   #33
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil
It has nothing to do with him not liking the people in V8 Supercars or racing with them. He has many friends in pitlane and would happily race them again tomorrow if that was his best option career wise. It isnt as he has a chance to do what no other Aussie has done, compete at the highest level in America in Nascar. We should all support him and hope that he does not come back for a few years because he is kicking some Yanky butt...
Of course he has friends in V8Supercar. Of course we should support him in his NASCAR campaign. That does not mean he has any desire to race a V8Supercar again. We can speculate all we like, but he's done with V8s. He's not coming back for the enduros anytime soon if at all. Right now he is focussing, completely on the very steep learning curve that is NASCAR. He may be sponsored by Craig Gore but races for the Wood Brothers. Even supposing the weekends were free his team would not release him and it would represent, even if small, but still dangerous diluting of his racing focus.

I believe he is not coming back. I believe it would be an ill advised move, even stupid move for him to do so. He didn't do it this year and he's only going to be busier from here on in. And I doubt very much whether he even wants to.

Is there anything, other than wishful thinking, to suggest he might come back?

Last edited by Falcadore; 10 Jan 2007 at 02:53.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 03:18 (Ref:1810941)   #34
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Of course he has friends in V8Supercar. Of course we should support him in his NASCAR campaign. That does not mean he has any desire to race a V8Supercar again. We can speculate all we like, but he's done with V8s. He's not coming back for the enduros anytime soon if at all. Right now he is focussing, completely on the very steep learning curve that is NASCAR. He may be sponsored by Craig Gore but races for the Wood Brothers. Even supposing the weekends were free his team would not release him and it would represent, even if small, but still dangerous diluting of his racing focus.

I believe he is not coming back. I believe it would be an ill advised move, even stupid move for him to do so. He didn't do it this year and he's only going to be busier from here on in. And I doubt very much whether he even wants to.

Is there anything, other than wishful thinking, to suggest he might come back?
KEH????

I think you are disagreeing with me agreeing with you Falcadore... I have said many times in various threads that he is not coming back until he has reached the highest level he can in Nascar. I dont think anyone can speak on his behalf about the future, only Marcos can ultimatley decide his own path but I can assure everyone at the moment that his complete focus now and in the forseeable future is success in Nascar.

As for Marcos "being done with V8's" perhaps you should have added the words "for now" on the end or have you forgotten about his desire to win Bathurst someday?
Old 10 Jan 2007, 03:24 (Ref:1810942)   #35
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he sai he would still atempt Bathurst.

from V8X:
Quote:
after a year in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, Marcos Ambrose has made it clear he won't return full-time to V8 Supercars.
Although still considering an attempt at the elusive Bathurst 1000 title..."i'll come home (toV8's) only to enjoy it, not so much to earn a crust"...
so weather it's this year or another we could se Marcos back in a V8, IMO it will be in a few years after he has reached Nextel Cup and is safely embeded there.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 07:16 (Ref:1810996)   #36
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
My 200th Post

Marcos said he will come back to v8s only at bathurst has a co-driver.
Old 10 Jan 2007, 07:18 (Ref:1810997)   #37
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He didn't say he would, he said he might, and it's very unlikely he will. There's a difference.

Last edited by Woolley; 11 Jan 2007 at 22:11.
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 11 Jan 2007, 22:31 (Ref:1812786)   #38
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can we stick to topic, please? Here for discussion about the minor possibility of Marcos driving in V8s again, discussion of what he's doing (going to do?) in NASCAR in the NASCAR forum, please.

For the moment, I've removed the NASCAR discussion, but it will reappear in the appropriate forum later.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 02:39 (Ref:1812916)   #39
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
Can we stick to topic, please? Here for discussion about the minor possibility of Marcos driving in V8s again, discussion of what he's doing (going to do?) in NASCAR in the NASCAR forum, please.

For the moment, I've removed the NASCAR discussion, but it will reappear in the appropriate forum later.
While you are the forum mod, I feel I must point out that it is his NASCAR commitments that affect most directly whether he would run at Bathurst, and he would have to get the permission of his NASCAR bosses to compete in another race, so it's directly relevant to the topic.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 06:25 (Ref:1821448)   #40
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
While you are the forum mod, I feel I must point out that it is his NASCAR commitments that affect most directly whether he would run at Bathurst, and he would have to get the permission of his NASCAR bosses to compete in another race, so it's directly relevant to the topic.
Very much agree there.

Autosport has a related topic here about Ambrose's plans for 2007.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56397

One thing that caught my attention was

Quote:
He also hopes to make the field for the two road-course races of the Nextel Cup this season, at Infineon Raceway and Watkins Glen.
Casts some doubt on the definate Nextel plans that were pushed around by a few posters
Old 22 Jan 2007, 09:24 (Ref:1821534)   #41
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ambrose was 12th fastest in Busch practice at Florida
Old 25 Jan 2007, 00:59 (Ref:1825320)   #42
Caltex Racing
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
He didn't say he would, he said he might, and it's very unlikely he will. There's a difference.
But he said this 2005 Supercheap Auto 1000 on T.V
Old 25 Jan 2007, 06:57 (Ref:1825399)   #43
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
2006 was also the best year for him to do Bathurst. His programme was lighter and he was more current in the cars. This year he will be 18 months stale in the cars and it will be so much harder

Bathurst is not on his radar. He'd like to compete, sure. He'd like to compete in Formula One too but he's not silly about jeopardising his NASCAR career prospects.

And after Dale Earnhardt Jr's crash in ALMS a few years ago, it's only the drivers who have very high profiles, or ownership stakes in their teams who would be allowed to take part in races not on his program.

Same reason why V8Supercar drivers don't race in other categories, or why Formula One drivers don't do Le Mans anymore. Or why current WRC drivers never appear on the Dakar (there is not always a date clash this year, Dakar started a week later than usual)
Old 26 Jan 2007, 11:50 (Ref:1826362)   #44
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bathurst is not on his radar. He'd like to compete, sure. He'd like to compete in Formula One too but he's not silly about jeopardising his NASCAR career prospects
He is doing 36 Busch(whatever name the series will be called) and from 2-10 Nextel Cup starts. He will be lucky to scratch himself.