Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Jan 2007, 04:07 (Ref:1812946)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan
Hell I agree, all we need to do is convince TEGA & AVESCO.....
The 380 is a brilliant car... it is sad that they likely wont be made here past the end of the year.

It may not be far away that Australia's #1 selling car is in fact an imported Toyota Corolla.....

You think we could 'Sports Sedan' a Corolla to suit the size requirements of V8Supercar?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Jan 2007, 05:42 (Ref:1812956)   #27
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At the rate the Corolla has been growing over the years, it won't be long.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 06:09 (Ref:1812964)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
The concept is interesting enough. With all the cars available. A v8 Ford Mondeo was even an example given.
The newest Mondeo on the road is what, 10 years old.... why would you bother building one in that shape?

What will the owners of the 30-odd logbooked AU & VX V8Supercars do with their steeds when this class overtakes the Touring Car Challenge?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Jan 2007, 11:31 (Ref:1813151)   #29
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The newest Mondeo on the road is what, 10 years old.... why would you bother building one in that shape?
No idea, maybe an fella with a soft spot for that type of car. It was mentioned as an example of what you could do, not that someone was specifically going to do it.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 11:38 (Ref:1813155)   #30
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The mondeo would be one of Mumbo racing's super tourers. They are not worth anything as a super tourer now, so i guess when you run the catagory you have to put some cars in it.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 24 Jan 2007, 10:38 (Ref:1824473)   #31
toolbox
Rookie

toolbox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Witness of the First V8 Giant Test Run

I had the pleasure of being at Wakefield Park at Goulburn on Sunday the 21st January 2007.

I witnessed the first test run of the AMRS's new racing category "V8 Giants". Garry Willmington was testing and getting the feel for his AU Falcon - V8 Giant.

To witness the first run of a V8 Giant on the track was breathtaking. I spend a lot of time at Wakefield Park as I am semi-retired and have not seen a V8 Supercar go around this track as fast or more exciting for a long time.
garry willmington knows how to bring motorsport ba
It used to be the noise was what we went for ....... and now it is back in all it's glory under the name of 'V8 Giants'.

I was informed on that weekend that one of the Mustangs will be on the track this long weekend for it's first test run with more to follow in the near future.

This is going to be a category that will captivate spectators and audiences everywhere.