Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 9 Jan 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1196776)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Blimey - reinstalling Windows every five minutes? That really shouldn't be necessary.

Have we asked you for all your pcs specs before?
Old 9 Jan 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1196805)   #27
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
But it doesn't have 'four wheel drift'
What a great little book that is. It came with the original game, and basically teaches you how to get started driving and making setups.
I actually keep it on my bookshelf rather than in the box!
i think it does have four wheel drift . also in digital of course

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Jan 2005, 22:05 (Ref:1196822)   #28
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
carsreunited should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks......

...for the link. After having a quick glance through 4 wheel drift, it has made the cars alot more driveable and me a bit more consistent. Mainly stiffened the roll bars up and can at least work out the lsd principles now!

I'll give the online racing a go but I'm a complete online racing virgin so you guys are going to have to tell me what to do to get there (wherever its hosted!)

Scott
Old 9 Jan 2005, 22:32 (Ref:1196838)   #29
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Scott, I'll PM you with all the details and stuff tomorrow. There's quite a lot to say, so it'd be easier to type tomorrow.
Old 9 Jan 2005, 23:07 (Ref:1196867)   #30
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
P,

Can you please send me the same documents you are pm-ing or e-mailing Scott? Thanks,

Muzza
Old 9 Jan 2005, 23:10 (Ref:1196869)   #31
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you want the pdf files of the gpl manual and 4-wheel drift, go to www.bhmotorsports.com and in the GPL Files part of the site you'll find both of them
Old 9 Jan 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1196882)   #32
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Valeu, Gil!

I am checking that right now!

Muzza
Old 9 Jan 2005, 23:45 (Ref:1196887)   #33
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzza
P,

Can you please send me the same documents you are pm-ing or e-mailing Scott? Thanks,

Muzza
I was just gonna explain VROC, the bandwidth patch etc, how to get them working. AFAIK you already know all that stuff...

Last edited by pirenzo; 9 Jan 2005 at 23:48.
Old 9 Jan 2005, 23:59 (Ref:1196890)   #34
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
OK, P.

You know, I really miss a GPL overall guide. With so many tracks, add-ons, mods, patches, accessories, versions, textures, sceneries, car sets and etc., the life of a newcomer/novice is very complicated, and some of them maybe scared away. All this is truly overwhelming.

A general GPL guide would be a very welcome thing... A list of main sites, centrals and fora, things like that. Where can I find something like that?

For example:
- how do I install the 1965 version of GPL?
- how does it work? Can I have both 1967 and 1965 GPLs in my computer? If so, how do I switch from one to another?
- I have seen some very nice cars/cockpits and skies in screenshots around the web. Where do I find them? Are they stable - or may they "threaten" an online game?

And so many other questions alike... I need a GPL FAQ - but a *good and extensive* one!

Cheers,

Muzza
Old 10 Jan 2005, 09:12 (Ref:1197044)   #35
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Such a guide would be fantastic. But it would be a lot of work to make, and then to keep it up to date. There is so much stuff being made all the time. Thank god there are forums such as this one and the others!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Have we asked you for all your pcs specs before?
I don't think so. You know, since everything worked fine for years my hardware specs should not be the problem. Well, there shouldn't be a problem at all! But I've got one so, just in case, this is what I use:

AMD Athlon (little bit overclocked by increasing the FSB)
128 Mb RAM (don't ask me what type, it's old)
Geforce 4 mx440
Old 10 Jan 2005, 13:25 (Ref:1197242)   #36
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It should be OK Toth. Do you run XP? If so, your 128 meg of RAM is beoming border-line now. Having said that, you should be able to run the basic GPL very sweetly with that rig.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1197261)   #37
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I have 128 too, and yes, borderline it is with all the addons and such!
Old 10 Jan 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1197264)   #38
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
and here's a beginner's guide.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1197282)   #39
Toth
Racer

I use windows 98.

I can run gpl with the latest gplea cars, but I don't have many trackupdates. It used to be alright, except a couple of first corners with 19 cars all over the place. But overall I have never had hardware issues with gpl.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1197382)   #40
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
and here's a beginner's guide.
Thanks, P, that's the kind of document I was looking for. This is pretty good - the (very basic) information about video card configuration ios exactly what I needed.
Old 10 Jan 2005, 21:17 (Ref:1197610)   #41
Toth
Racer

Well, I've got some news....

I installed Unreal Tournament and when I started the program I got exactly the same problem that I get when I try to start GPL. So, it's not a GPL-specific problem I've got, something is wrong with my computer. I've recently played Rally Trophy and GTA 3 without problem, and all other programs run trouble free though....

Last edited by Toth; 10 Jan 2005 at 21:18.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1198103)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Graphics-wise, do you run Direct 3D or Open-GL?

Whichever you run, have you tried changing to the other?
Old 11 Jan 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1198143)   #43
Toth
Racer

I run direct 3d, I can't change how to run gpl since I can't start the game. Or is this a videocard setting I can change? Hmm, I'll have a look tonight.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 15:23 (Ref:1198180)   #44
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
you can change GPL to start with opengl . or software mode
without accually starting GPL by editing .app.ini .. in your gpl folder ..
put softdll.dll or rastogl.dll . instead of .. rastd3d7.dll

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Jan 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1198340)   #45
Toth
Racer

I tried that but it didn't work....

BUT

The I started fiddling with my videocard settings etc, I noticed that my color was were set to 16 bit...wich is odd since I usually have it at 32 bit. So I change it back, run gpl.exe and....it works!!!

Is it generally known that gpl doesn't run in 16 bit? Even if it is, I'm to happy to be ashamed by being caught out by something so small.

Now I'm gonna try and see if gpl still works and if it does you can probably see the fireworks I'll be letting off wherever you are...
Old 11 Jan 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1198350)   #46
Toth
Racer

It works!!!

It actually works!

That's the only fireworks smilie we've got but it's close enough...

I've got cramps in my face from the smile I've got.

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!

Ok, hmm, racing to do now. Thanks everybody for your tips and advice, I hope I can return it someday. Or better still, I hope that you never have to go through a gpl-free period.
Old 11 Jan 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1198367)   #47
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
That's not something I'd known about I have to say.
Especially since textures in GPL are either 4bit or 16bit themselves...
Old 27 Jan 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1211284)   #48
Claus Hansen
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Claus Hansen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another time there is problems with GPL, try visiting "the mother" of GPL forums here:

http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36

This is the forum home of simracing.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 16:57 (Ref:1211292)   #49
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Cheers Claus I think RSC was down when we had the issue... Do you play GPL? are you going to join us at Monza on Tuesday?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 19:31 (Ref:1211405)   #50
Claus Hansen
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Claus Hansen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RSC has only been back since 18/1, just a friendly hint in my first post - Actually, this Racing forum is great, I didn't notice it's excistance before.

I haven't done much simracing last year, only Richard Burns Rally, and I picked up GTR in november (updated with english menu and voice) Have a go if you don't know it, it's really good, but you wont get these fantastic controlled slides, like in GPL. I've only raced GPL once for a 1½ year or so. I guees my GPLRank of -64 isn't much worth longer

I must say, I kinda miss GPL again - Maybe I should pick it up soon again. Thx for reminding me