Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Sep 2005, 14:28 (Ref:1414903)   #26
richmini99
Racer

United States
Turners Falls MA, USA
richmini99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news, more 1 hour progarming to catch on Speed here in the States. I still think we're a ways away from a true World Sportscar Championship, but having existing championships around the world would sure help that cause.
Old 23 Sep 2005, 15:06 (Ref:1414928)   #27
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmini99
I still think we're a ways away from a true World Sportscar Championship, but having existing championships around the world would sure help that cause.
Perhaps they could highlight one or two 'premium' races within each series which also count towards a 'world title' so the big teams could travel the world while the small teams could stay local - Maybe Sebring, PLM, Spa, Silverstone, Fiji and Suzuka?
Old 23 Sep 2005, 15:28 (Ref:1414947)   #28
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
This will open up the LMP1 market for sure . For example , Nissan could do a lot worse than buying Shorty's 2 Dallara's and joining that series as a toe in the water effort .
I know what has been offically said on the subject, but I have a funny feeling that Nissan engine in the back of Shorty's Dallara's at LM and LMES could have been that toe in the water effort....

I think that All Japan Sports Car Endurance Series is good news, as it bring the Japanese manfactours back into the world of sportscar racing.
Old 23 Sep 2005, 17:21 (Ref:1415012)   #29
nsxr
Racer

nsxr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supergt took over the suzuka 1000km so this may mean that what makes this new series different may not mean as much.
Goh Audi P1 X1 X2?
jim Grainer Dome P1 X1 2?
AutoExe P2 WR/Mazda X1?
SARD toyota P? LMP?
Kondo Yokahama Dome P1 X1 X2?
Taisan ??????
Jloc lambo?????[they've converted one of the lambos to gt3000 and are doing much better they may stay]
Nomad 550 [ just converted the car to a full supergt wide body they may stay with that investment]
ChoroQ Porsche [ who ran this car at leman??? and I think a few LMES races could come around to this]
ASL Garaiya [ it was designed to eventually compete at leman so this would make a great warm up for le man 2007]
radical????
lola??????
zytek?????? [ this car has a lot of asian links lets see if that pans out for this car this time]
Old 24 Sep 2005, 07:35 (Ref:1415243)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
The ChoroQ Porsche was run by Goh for a friend or investor . They didnt come back cuz it was never the intention i think . Shame !
Old 24 Sep 2005, 09:30 (Ref:1415270)   #31
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Perhaps they could highlight one or two 'premium' races within each series which also count towards a 'world title' so the big teams could travel the world while the small teams could stay local - Maybe Sebring, PLM, Spa, Silverstone, Fiji and Suzuka?
I like the idea of an endurance race in Fiji.
Old 24 Sep 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1415311)   #32
Dauer 962
Veteran

Dauer 962 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
The ChoroQ Porsche was run by Goh for a friend or investor . They didnt come back cuz it was never the intention i think . Shame !
Far as I know the Porsche was (is still?) owned by Goh. The idea behind the Choroq Team was a kind of "Goh Rookie Team". When they decided not to run the R8 this year, I think this project was cancelled too.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1419161)   #33
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An article about this series by Laurent Chauveau on Infoscourse suggests no interest from Dome.

In an interview with Hiroshi Youchi, it becomes clear that Dome are only interested in competing against cutting edge factory machinery next year, specifically the Audi R10 (at Le Mans). This gives the company an opportunity to show off their technology against manufacturers with far bigger budgets.

As for interest in the AJSCES from other teams, HY is only aware of Mr.Goh's intention to race an R8.

It's very early days but this first response from Japan doesn't sound too encouraging........
Old 28 Sep 2005, 17:40 (Ref:1419166)   #34
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
why should they care where the car is raced , just sell them .. as many as you can . .

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Sep 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1419200)   #35
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he was talking about a team dome car, not only a dome chassis.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 04:10 (Ref:1419575)   #36
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ger80
he was talking about a team dome car, not only a dome chassis.
I can understand the competitive nature of someone, wanting to benchmark themselves to the best. Obviously they aren't really interested in selling chassis though, as showing up here with a new and well designed car, could allow them to beat the R8, and sell chassis. Selling chassis may help the budget, and development, giving them better hope to go after the R10.....
Old 29 Sep 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1419802)   #37
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Japan is a very favorable place for an Endurance championship, remember historic LM is there very soon as well. I was there back in June and the coverage of LMES and the Spa race was pretty extensive on TV, as an LM warming up.
There are always Japanese TV crews at LM and many spectators as well, I've seen them in the Friday parade asking autographs and these were not just 2 or 3 lost tourists.... I believe it is one more symptom of endurance being strong (except ALMS struggling) and needing more VISIBILITY, especially in Europe. Nuerburgring had a very little crowd (good for the signing session but...) in spite of it being a fantastic race. Come on ACO, put some money on the table!!!
Old 29 Sep 2005, 13:53 (Ref:1419997)   #38
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
So, according to Autosport, there will be three races next year, at Sugo, Motegi and Okayama, with hopes that Fuji and Suzuka will join in for 2007. Promising.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1448188)   #39
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
So, according to Autosport, there will be three races next year, at Sugo, Motegi and Okayama, with hopes that Fuji and Suzuka will join in for 2007. Promising.
2006 dates confirmed by DSC.

14 May Sportsland Sugo
2 July Twin Ring Motegi
29 October Fuji Speedway

I was a little concerned by a quote in the article from the organisers who "hoped to see a field of 5 to 20 cars by the end of this inaugural year."

5 !! Gently does it guys.......

Suspect that may be a little DSC typographical error........
Old 31 Oct 2005, 10:10 (Ref:1448216)   #40
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it was a typo. It should read 15-20. They expect about 5 prototypes.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 10:22 (Ref:1448227)   #41
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa
I think it was a typo. It should read 15-20. They expect about 5 prototypes.
That's what I assumed!

The article also mentions that some cars may come from the Goh stable and that the organising body (SERO) plans to lease out some prototypes to competitors. Apart from the Le Mans winning R8, what other prototypes could this include?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1448276)   #42
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think he owns a BMW LMR, not sure if this would be competetive though.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1448343)   #43
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
I'm not so certain that they will be allowed to run the R8.

As far as other machinery.

There is the 2000 Dome-Goh BMW V12 LM

There is a Dome S101.

What else is there?
Old 31 Oct 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1448345)   #44
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous
I think he owns a BMW LMR, not sure if this would be competetive though.
This car was reworked and run as the 2000 Dome-Goh... not sure if it is still in Dome trim, or has been reconverted back to LMR.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 14:17 (Ref:1448409)   #45
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a '98 spec BMW LMR that was converted by Dome. Quite different from the '99-00 spec LMRs that won Le Mans and Sebring.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 14:31 (Ref:1448420)   #46
courage
Rookie

courage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there are (Ithink) 2 panoz in his collection. And there are 2 other dome (one official, and one for the singer) in Japan.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 21:40 (Ref:1448802)   #47
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i don't know if its mentioned anywhere else but this weekend there was a le mans classic japan event held at the mine circuit. quite a few interesting cars. theres some pictures on the sport homepage of our website...one mouthwatering frame has the mazda 787, followed by the nissan r390, then the porsche 911 gt1 that won in 1998, and finally the team goh audi that won in 2004 bringing up the rear. the event seemed to have been aco sanctioned...even the mayor of le mans was there!
Old 31 Oct 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1448921)   #48
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was an event to raise the profile of Le Mans in Japan.
Old 1 Nov 2005, 00:11 (Ref:1448942)   #49
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just out of curiousity kdr, can images be purcahased from that site? I can see that on my wall!

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...56032609&cdi=0

or

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...56032596&cdi=0
Old 2 Nov 2005, 06:14 (Ref:1450086)   #50
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope the Japanese sportscar championship race on 29 Oct will not end up clashing with the FIA GT Zhuhai race.

If they don't clash, then maybe a few GT teams could do both races. That will be good.