Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 10 Mar 2002, 23:15 (Ref:232499)   #26
touring fan
Rookie

touring fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope something gets sorted out. I just watched the whole race on the live timing screen from their website. I couldn't even get the commentary though so it was a bit confusing at times but at least I got to follow the race more or less as it happened. To anyone who saw it, was it a good race?
Old 11 Mar 2002, 00:48 (Ref:232527)   #27
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit boring, looked to be a shootout at the end, but 2 laps down Takagi kind of spoiled it by not moving over (not that Dario stood a chance of catching the Winner (winner's name excluded for those that don't know )
Old 11 Mar 2002, 00:56 (Ref:232531)   #28
Ian-S
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by sceptic

I think you are underestimating people's intelligence! It is quite easy to align a dish without spending any money (and even an independent installer wold only charge GBP30 to align a dish - you only pay 150 if you use Sky's own technicians). The sky digibox even has a signal stength meter to help with the fine tuning.
No, I just know from experience how hard it is to get a signal lock on a Sky digibox, even with an 80cm dish, you know the signal meter is delayed by 2 seconds and you have to point the dish up for Astra 1, as well as right, which makes things that bit harder?

Quote:
Providing you are not in Scotland or Northern Ireland, where I agree you would need a bigger dish, the 48cm minidish is quite adequate for the newer Astra 1 satellite (F, G and H) including the AB channels.
Have you actually tried aligning a digital dish, or just done a analogue one?

Analogue is easier, just turn the dish till the picture is seen, digital is very different due to decoding of mpeg stream and re-syncing audio, on average a quarter of an inch out looses the signal lock.

Quote:
If that were true, why would Octagon CSI have spent the last week trying to convince other broadcasters across Europe to part with some money to show races live?
??? Perhaps we'll find out soon, but as I've said before, ABSat announced they had exclusive rights for europe, so either their telling porkies, or Octagon is having to spend some money to buy this part of the contract back.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 13:20 (Ref:232790)   #29
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I moved my dish to Astra 1 without the aid of any tools (except a ladder) on Sunday afternoon. Took less than 10 minutes to find it
Now I've moved it back, using just the signal meter on the digibox. Getting about 70% without using a meter, which is good enough for a picture free of break-up.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 13:34 (Ref:232798)   #30
Ian-S
Racer

Then you're an exception to the rule, most people loose Astra 2 when trying to point the dish back to it.
Old 11 Mar 2002, 21:03 (Ref:233074)   #31
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, there may not have been any pictures, but the Monterrey broadcast and live timing from CART.com provided enjoyable coverage last night whilst i was writing a Geography essay, and by the sounds of it, Takagi was up to his old tricks again. Well done Leigh Diffey and Jeremy Shaw on a job well done. Roll on Long Beach, and I hope that the championship's most spectacular driver, Alex Tagliani can finally win
Old 11 Mar 2002, 21:34 (Ref:233109)   #32
Ian-S
Racer

Yea, agreed, I watched ABMoteurs with the audio from CART.com, it was about 25 seconds behind the pictures but more than made up for the lack of eurosport coverage.

Takagi wasn't really holding up Dario IMHO, just Dario didn't have enough umph, or guts, to try a passing move.