Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Mar 2008, 10:13 (Ref:2156354)   #26
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiseYourFist
Well Raikkonen did more then 70% of the race winner's laps so iirc he should gets classified as finished, but whatever, its Ferrari they are more important to the FIA then all the other teams.
I'm no fan of Ferrari, but as far as I'm concerned neither car finished the race, which means that they can't be penalised for changing their engines. Seems pretty straightforward to me, I think the same would apply to any other team in that position.

The weather forecast looks a bit interesting...I wonder if DC has stopped kicking seven bells out of Massa in order to panic about having to race in the wet?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 Mar 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2156386)   #27
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe we haven't heard anything because Coultard tried and lost.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 13:50 (Ref:2156489)   #28
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
I wonder if DC has stopped kicking seven bells out of Massa in order to panic about having to race in the wet?
A wrestling fight in the wet maybe...
Old 19 Mar 2008, 16:18 (Ref:2156582)   #29
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
A wrestling fight in the wet maybe...

Yes,but not DC and Massa.I was thinking more Kylie and err....well yes,just not DC and Massa.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2156626)   #30
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I would love it to be a wet race, though not quite as wet as the 2001 race, which turned into a complete farce.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2156634)   #31
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Looking at the forecasts I'd say that there's every chance that it's going to be very wet.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 18:49 (Ref:2156654)   #32
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BBC forecasting heavy rain all weekend

I smell ... Fuji.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 19:01 (Ref:2156662)   #33
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Safety car start then, followed by XX number of laps behind the safety car...
Old 19 Mar 2008, 19:06 (Ref:2156665)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
But you have gone on record saying you dont make mistakes
I meant I don't make mistakes in the predictions comp. Fluke most probably.

I am, however, wrong numerous times with relevant things.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2156667)   #35
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo
Safety car start then, followed by XX number of laps behind the safety car...
...followed by DC exclaiming that it's difficult to see (it happens to us all sooner or later Dave ) and he doesn't want to play anymore.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 19:17 (Ref:2156677)   #36
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Martyn, you beat me to it, I was going to make a comment like that.

That is the downside of a very wet race - if it's like Fuji last year but without traction control, I can imagine certain drivers (*cough* Webber *cough*) wanting to just drive around behind the safety car. Or wanting to steer clear of Hamilton and Vettel, anyway.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 19 Mar 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2156692)   #37
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl

That is the downside of a very wet race - if it's like Fuji last year but without traction control, I can imagine certain drivers (*cough* Webber *cough*) wanting to just drive around behind the safety car. Or wanting to steer clear of Hamilton and Vettel, anyway.
Webber will most likely have broken down,spun off or have been struck by lightning long before he has a chance of being 'taken out' by a 'kid'.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 23:28 (Ref:2156817)   #38
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enough rain is forcast over Saturday and Sunday to make this a pretty random qualifying and GP, get your money on the outsiders
Old 20 Mar 2008, 01:13 (Ref:2156855)   #39
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This might be BMW's best chance for a win this year
Old 20 Mar 2008, 02:07 (Ref:2156877)   #40
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Jenson this could be your weekend mate...
Old 20 Mar 2008, 03:35 (Ref:2156899)   #41
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it does rain and Lewis decides to brake test the field again we could have less finishers than Melbourne.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 09:47 (Ref:2157070)   #42
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
Jenson this could be your weekend mate...
Agreed.

He didn't show too well last season in the wet,mainly because the RA107 was hard enough to keep on the black stuff in the dry! The RA108 seems to be a much better racing car altogether in that respect.

Bring on the rain (but not too much).
Old 20 Mar 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2157348)   #43
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully !
Old 20 Mar 2008, 17:07 (Ref:2157399)   #44
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Agreed.

He didn't show too well last season in the wet,mainly because the RA107 was hard enough to keep on the black stuff in the dry! The RA108 seems to be a much better racing car altogether in that respect.

Bring on the rain (but not too much).
He lost his nose cone at Fuji (or maybe the Ring) but didn't realise as he noticed no difference in the car!
Old 20 Mar 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2157468)   #45
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
He lost his nose cone at Fuji (or maybe the Ring) but didn't realise as he noticed no difference in the car!
T'was Fuji (collision at first corner).At the ring he had a storming (sorry) first lap and then aquaplaned down the main straight into the 'car park' at the end.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 20:17 (Ref:2157564)   #46
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have a new meaning to wings and slicks F1 style

AirAsia’s Airbusget Williams livery on it. Nose in Nico's helmet, rest of plane as the car

A new one to add to spotters guide Andy

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...20090408.shtml

Got to say I'm looking forward to a wet race, dont like them all wet just the odd one that throws everyone in a spin. Malaysia is the master of wet

Last edited by NAC; 20 Mar 2008 at 20:21.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 02:07 (Ref:2157752)   #47
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
FP1 is go go go ... Although everyone seems asleep :P

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 02:29 (Ref:2157758)   #48
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
30mins in and no rain in sight. Bright blue skies! Cars being really slippy and stacks of opposite lock all the time.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 02:31 (Ref:2157759)   #49
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nelsin Piquet 2.6 sec's off the pace...
Old 21 Mar 2008, 02:38 (Ref:2157764)   #50
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
The last corner has caught most of the drivers out.Track still 'green' though.