Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 3 Jan 2005, 01:18 (Ref:1191981)   #26
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My favourite motorbike driver will not be there this year ... Richard Sanct, killed in the Rally of the Pharoahs ... he will be missed.

The Dakar is being broadcast on the OLN two weeks late, so as not to interfere with the NA$CAR coverage on Speed Channel, even though there isn't any. GRRRRR.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 12:08 (Ref:1192132)   #27
Crowestar
Racer

Australia
Crowestar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was watching the highlights package last night and found out some bloke had to withdraw because he had all of his gear stolen out of his car in parc ferme before the rally started proper. poor fella.

Last edited by Crowestar; 3 Jan 2005 at 12:09.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1192154)   #28
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Robby Gordon wins again to day and becomes overall leader again! Impressive

The Nissan Pickup disappoints a bit today.

Last edited by gwyllion; 3 Jan 2005 at 12:52.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 15:54 (Ref:1192243)   #29
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Today's motorcycle stage was cancelled when fog grounded security helicopters.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1192425)   #30
dirtfan
Racer

dirtfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

"And Africa just may surprise him. Baja sprinty things (with a cosy service halt every 50km) are one thing, so is a quick squirt around the local beach in Barcelona - two weeks in the desert are something else entirely."

You were saying?...

Last edited by dirtfan; 3 Jan 2005 at 20:29.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1192429)   #31
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtfan
"And Africa just may surprise him. Baja sprinty things (with a cosy service halt every 50km) are one thing, so is a quick squirt around the local beach in Barcelona - two weeks in the desert are something else entirely."

You were saying?...
I was saying, stage 3 of how many? He'll break into a sweat before he gets to Dakar, unfortunately
Old 3 Jan 2005, 20:46 (Ref:1192438)   #32
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

You were saying?...
It was still only a short stage by Dakar standards. I'm not dismissing him, far from it, I think he'll do well - but I don't think we are ready to count our chickens yet...
Old 3 Jan 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1192459)   #33
dirtfan
Racer

One stage, 1000 miles (1600km) of balls-to-the-wall racing, 16 hours straight, the "cozy service stops" are just pit stops. The time starts when they leave Ensanada, and stops when they reach La Paz. No cozy "off the clock" sleep stops. And the course is just endless whoops. I've run across it while cow-trailing on my dirt bike, and it's a killer!

Last edited by dirtfan; 3 Jan 2005 at 21:18.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 22:20 (Ref:1192493)   #34
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

In all seriousness, he is doing very well for himself.

...and in all seriousness, I can't wait till they get to the desert. No NASCAR-in-the-dirt - just survival, plain and simple. Rallying as it should be.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 22:59 (Ref:1192528)   #35
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully Robby's car will hold until Dakar and he can get a decent finish.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 23:46 (Ref:1192570)   #36
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fact is, Robby is in the lead no matter what stage they are currently in. Good job Robby. It is better to be in first than last even after only the first 2 stages. No one is saying that he will win.....well maybe I am....but he is doing OK so far.
Old 3 Jan 2005, 23:56 (Ref:1192573)   #37
dirtfan
Racer

Check out http://www.robbygordonoffroad.com and you'll find he knows a thing or two about desert racing. He's been doing it for more than 15 years, and his company builds off-road race machines.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1193011)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Mitsubishi loosing the rally?
Stage 5
Overall
Old 4 Jan 2005, 17:35 (Ref:1193041)   #39
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Has someone more info about this Renautl Megane?

http://www.capdesert.net/Infos/2004/...kar%202005.htm
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/sel...ns&Y=2005&O=84

Is it a 2wd "buggy"?
Old 4 Jan 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1193060)   #40
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
you'll find he knows a thing or two about desert racing. He's been doing it for more than 15 years, and his company builds off-road race machines.
I wondered why he was quick of the mark.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 17:58 (Ref:1193062)   #41
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
I believe it's a 4WD.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1193071)   #42
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
I believe it's a 4WD.
Based on a Nissan Patrol or X-Trail?

I thought the Citroen ZX Rallye Raid was the last "prototype" and such cars were no longer allowed to take part after the mid 90s.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1193086)   #43
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
I don't know. I know Pro Pulsion from autocross, the build "buggy" chassis. It is classified as a "Super Production" - anyone got the Dakar rulebook?
Old 4 Jan 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1193145)   #44
dirtfan
Racer

THIS is what Robby should be driving... if they won't move over, BLAST 'EM!!
http://www.specialoperations.com/Ima...ary6/buggy.jpg
Old 4 Jan 2005, 20:05 (Ref:1193152)   #45
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Mitsubishi loosing the rally?
Stage 5
Overall
Mitsubishi had some punctures today, but nothing is lost. Desert is waiting in Mauritania.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 21:15 (Ref:1193222)   #46
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
THIS is what Robby should be driving... if they won't move over, BLAST 'EM!!
http://www.specialoperations.com/Ima...ary6/buggy.jpg
I am confident he doesn't need this sort of equaliser to win.
Old 4 Jan 2005, 23:07 (Ref:1193289)   #47
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
Mitsubishi had some punctures today, but nothing is lost. Desert is waiting in Mauritania.
Everybody had punctures

Masuoka lost all possibility for the victory because of a damaged transmission.
Old 5 Jan 2005, 05:04 (Ref:1193378)   #48
Crowestar
Racer

Australia
Crowestar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Colin Mcrae fastest today in the cars and leads the rally outright.
Andy Caldicott fastest today on the bikes. Its good to see an Aussie doing well. Watch out for Andy!!!
Old 5 Jan 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1193555)   #49
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Everybody had punctures
Mitsu certainly struggled more than the others though. This could be in the case of Peterhansel bue due to illness, or there is a theory that the team chose tyres more suited to the soft sand than the rocks they faced yesterday (this year only one spec of tyre can be chosen for the entire rally). We will see later today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggle not
Fact is, Robby is in the lead no matter what stage they are currently in. Good job Robby. It is better to be in first than last even after only the first 2 stages. No one is saying that he will win.....well maybe I am....but he is doing OK so far.
He certainly is doing ok so far, but I've got a feeling he is the sort of driver who goes flat out to soon. Yesterday for instance he was in the lead at CP1, and then dropped, heavily. Granted, he got a great deal of punctures, and some of that was luck - but seeing how he's been winning the short stages and then the start of yesterday makes me think that he'll go flat out, and then either tire himself or the car out before the end of the day, or of course before the end of the rally. I hope I'm wrong and yesterday was just a case of pure bad luck and I'd like to see what happens today, but that's what strikes me at the moment.

And just a comment on Eurosport's coverage - I quite like the idea of these "Racing Reporters", but watching last night and where they were, does anyone actually think they'll make it to Dakar?
Old 5 Jan 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1193783)   #50
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Well, that's Colin taken care of.