Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jun 2001, 20:51 (Ref:104064)   #26
aadpack
Rookie

aadpack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I have to agree with you Steve, about this mather.

I have been reading in the press several times that Jos clearly stated that the brakes on the Arrows were gettingsofter during the race.

Well about this broken headset, this can happen, but didn`t they have a pitboard???

I also wanted to reply on Quino---->

Normally you are right about the matter that Jos is going slower in his second or third stint, but this time even in his last stint he drove pretty good times, fourth and fifth overal lap times constantly.

So maybe this time his package was rahter good, but the way he reacted in the interview after the race , i thoughd that was stupid.

You have to take these mathers inside and in the press.

I mean look at Rubens.

If he likes it or not, it is stil racing and these things happen.

But anyway most people know about the agressive attitude of Jos.And I for one strongly believe thats one of his major faults and will or already have cost him a decent drive with a good team.

Because I am convinced he is one of the better drivers out there.
To see him race and fight for a position is something you do not see a lott.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 20:59 (Ref:104071)   #27
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jos Verstappen is notoriously the hardest driver in F1 on the brakes - he stamps on them, and that's how he manages to pass on circuits like Canada with his ultra ligh fuel load that seems to be compulsory at every race.

He ought to toe the line, though - you can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Old 11 Jun 2001, 21:14 (Ref:104083)   #28
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Howcome the idea of a possible fourth place has settled in your mind, Steve? It was very fortunate for him that there was a SC situation in the first place, so that's luck on his side. If he would have stopped a lap earlier while the SC was still out, he would have been dead last anyway, like he was now, only a few laps later. If there wouldn't have been a SC situation he would have been seriously in trouble as the gap to the front would have been much larger. So, although he didn't maximize the SC to his advantage, it helped him anyway. Not a change where I see a fourth place on his horizon in any case.

He was unfortunate not to finish the race, but so where 4 Honda's in front of him, one McLaren, one Williams and one Ferrari to name a few, which where easily on track for anything ahead of Jos at the end of the game. That makes pretty much outside top ten, so tenth place isn't that unjustified after all.
Old 12 Jun 2001, 06:21 (Ref:104236)   #29
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Dino, they would have lost less time if they would have stopped one lap earlier, he could have overtaken the backmarkers much sooner(he first had to close a gap to Marques now), and who was 4th now?? Raikkonen!, who was behind Jos before the stop, Alesi was even further behind Jos, and the thing is that these things could have been solved, it is'nt the first time they have brake trouble and not the first time they have radio problems, if everything would have worked he would surely be able to challenge Raikkonen(before the brake problems Jos was driving very good laps 1.19.7)
Old 12 Jun 2001, 06:24 (Ref:104238)   #30
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
And if pigs had wings, they would fly and $hit down on us. Thank god cows can't fly!!

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 12 Jun 2001 at 06:25.
Old 12 Jun 2001, 12:50 (Ref:104406)   #31
Total-F1
Veteran

But none of that happened - so what's the point of "what if-ing" ??
Old 14 Jun 2001, 05:36 (Ref:104986)   #32
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Total-F1
But none of that happened - so what's the point of "what if-ing" ??
It's just an answer to a direct question by Dino IV.

Or aren't we supposed to answer your question as well?

Don K.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 06:56 (Ref:105004)   #33
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Murray Walker says that F1 spelt backwards is if. I suppose we can what if all day, and we can get so many combinations that we would go stir crazy.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 14 Jun 2001 at 06:59.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 10:24 (Ref:105060)   #34
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Jos is "the Boss" - I have all his albums from the eighties and am especially fond of 'The River'. I'm sure Michael and Ralf can't sing anywhere near as well.
Old 14 Jun 2001, 11:25 (Ref:105089)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 15 Jun 2001, 22:21 (Ref:105664)   #36
Total-F1
Veteran

But what if the first 14 people on the grid crashed out of the race which wasn't restarted because Charlie Whiting was doing a crossword puzzle and Minardi got a 1-2....would that affect the price of tea in China??

You can only go by what actually happens in F1 because it's all pretty much pot luck, with the millions of different things you have to rely on
Old 15 Jun 2001, 22:43 (Ref:105675)   #37
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Murray Walker says that F1 spelt backwards is if. I suppose we can what if all day, and we can get so many combinations that we would go stir crazy.
I take that back!! I forgot that AM is alrady crazy.
Old 16 Jun 2001, 09:31 (Ref:105780)   #38
economy_waffle
Racer

economy_waffle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i dont like jos. all the hype surrounded him in malaysia but every1 seemed to forget that it was pure luck and he isnt a great driver...a good driver that will never do that well.