Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Oct 2005, 07:10 (Ref:1434187)   #26
resisturban
Racer

resisturban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mmm.... 888 - Lowndes, 88 - Ingall.

Imagine that Bathurst combo....!!!
Old 15 Oct 2005, 07:25 (Ref:1434196)   #27
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The guy finished 3rd at Bathurst in an ailing car... he had pace, the car was competitive all weekend (except qualifying)

While the team messed with his mind by not placing the #2 driver alongside the #1 driver.

Whether Mr Ellery was paid to drive by #888 is not the point (there are other drivers in the series who also rock up for expenses-only), th eteam has sent him on his merry way while there is still a valid 2006 contract in hand....

Just like they did to Mr Wilson for this season....

Poor form I should have thought
Whether it was a paid drive or not was the question - STeve Ellery was not paid.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 07:52 (Ref:1434206)   #28
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by resisturban
mmm.... 888 - Lowndes, 88 - Ingall.

Imagine that Bathurst combo....!!!
With no sponsor conflicts keeping the lead drivers apart.... although that may end up the case at SBR next year anyway!
Old 15 Oct 2005, 07:56 (Ref:1434208)   #29
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
CL will be at T8 next year and I think that you find that a contract extension betwwen CL & T8 could happen next year.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 15 Oct 2005, 09:57 (Ref:1434257)   #30
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr Ellery did a 2:08.9688 in qualifying, for 16th slot
i think being +1.8 on your team mate in the exact same car is what's technically known in the trade as a 'spanking' !!

can't you see Craig with Steve over his knee with the big paddle in hand??

I, for one, am disappointed with Ellery this year. He has had decent results in the past in no so decent cars and i think we all suspected he may be quicker than the equipment he was made to endure. Unfortunately he has had every chance this year to prove it but in the end Triple Eight have only had 1 soldier in battle. Car 88 needs a pilot that can keep car 888 as honest as is possible, much the same as the internal SBR battle and HRT battle. For car 888 to have twice a smany poles as anyone else this year ( 4 vs 2 as the next best ) and be equal first for round wins ( 3 with Todd now after Bathurst ) and the 88 car nowhere to be seen would be frustrating for the team.

Sorry Steve if it's true, but you havent cut the mustard. If it ISN'T true then i suggest you extract digit and drive the wheels off the thing.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1434281)   #31
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i seem to remember car 88 starting the clipsal in good form, perhaps his crash there threw his confidence, but i also agree that he has not lived up to expectations...
Old 15 Oct 2005, 10:54 (Ref:1434285)   #32
resisturban
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend
i seem to remember car 88 starting the clipsal in good form
By qualifying 23rd?
Old 15 Oct 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1434305)   #33
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was he not well into the top 10 when he hit the wall?
Old 15 Oct 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1434306)   #34
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
he was third in the shootout........lowndes was 7th.........i knew i was correct.......
Old 15 Oct 2005, 11:50 (Ref:1434322)   #35
Mickcals
Racer

Mickcals has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Well i hope if Ellery leaves, Lowndes can twist Roland Dane's arm and they can pcik up Glenn Seton.

Could you imagine that Lowndes/Seton in a fast, reliable car at Bathurst (every Ford fans dream)
Old 15 Oct 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1434323)   #36
resisturban
Racer

My mistake, i was looking at the AGP results...
Old 15 Oct 2005, 12:20 (Ref:1434338)   #37
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickcals
Well i hope if Ellery leaves, Lowndes can twist Roland Dane's arm and they can pcik up Glenn Seton.

Could you imagine that Lowndes/Seton in a fast, reliable car at Bathurst (every Ford fans dream)
Just be careful of the watts link or flying tyres and wheels from the Commies
Old 15 Oct 2005, 12:42 (Ref:1434346)   #38
Placebo
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Placebo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
As 888 are my fav Ford team and I am not a big Steve Ellery fan, I would like to see there 06 line be CL & DC and then when the endro come around they could match up together. DC is my pick not just for that reason but he has work for the team before and know the team drill and deservse the drive, he has done no wrong in the HPDC series this year.
My sentiments exactly TSR
Old 15 Oct 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1434352)   #39
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ingall to Triple 8 is stupid. How can Ford let the Poms raid their most successful team? Does the loyalty of Stones Brothers count for nothing?

To kill off SBR so the poms can throw thier cash around, why why why why? Triple 8 racing are incapable of beating Teams Dynamics, that's akin to being beaten by Paul Morris Motorsport, why trust them with every Ford asset including Ingall? What happens if they lose the plot, then Ford is stuffed ! FPR are an utter waste of time and space.

That's like let's Ford Motorsport once again going let's be dumb, and let Alan Jones wreck DJR & Glenn Seton Racing simultaneously all over again! Grrr!
Old 15 Oct 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1434357)   #40
White Knight

Quote:

errr . . . . . . were they not together last year

Old 15 Oct 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1434363)   #41
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't the difference the "fast, reliable car" bit? Despite being on the podium twice in those two years, calling an FPR car a "fast, reliable car" is pushing it... much as the Holden fan in me dreads the idea, I reckon they could have been one step higher each time had they been in #888 not #5 or 6 (whichever it was).
Old 15 Oct 2005, 21:59 (Ref:1434635)   #42
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend
i seem to remember car 88 starting the clipsal in good form, perhaps his crash there threw his confidence, but i also agree that he has not lived up to expectations...
Ellery started the year on fire - i think he may have been quicker than Craig in some of the GP practice sessions and was definitley quicker than Craig in practice and qualifying for Adelaide and I can tell you even though I'm a massive Lowndes fan I thought it was magic because thats what any successful team needs is two guys who are quick and going to go at it. After the wall at Adelaide though he just hasnt bounced back. Perhaps you could put that down to the fact he was in an older car until Oran Park where he got the new one back. I was there when he put it in the wall at the 'Park and his first 2 sector splits were awesome on that lap and may have hit the top of the sheets - but he just forgot to stop and turn...oops.

I think if anyone was going to be offered the seat it would be Macrow. He drives for the team now, has Craig on his side ( Craig apparently got him the FPR drive and also had a hand in getting him the HDPC drive and from reports I had, had initially asked for Adam to be his co-driver this year ). I havent studies the lap charts but i wouldnt mind betting that Adam was quicker than Steve in his stints at the 1000 - he seemed to round up and pass more cars anyway!!

Having said that the fact that Canto doesnt have a gig in the main game is a crime.....that boy has skills....
Old 15 Oct 2005, 23:53 (Ref:1434678)   #43
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

It would be a fantastic scenario BUT Glenn has a contract with DJR!!!

Canto, Macrow or Seton...who would be the best in the 88 seat to support Lowndes???
Old 16 Oct 2005, 00:51 (Ref:1434686)   #44
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Macrow gets a shot.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 01:05 (Ref:1434692)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace
It would be a fantastic scenario BUT Glenn has a contract with DJR!!!
SO did Mr Ellery.

If you believe the noise, Mr Seton is on the way to having his contract paid out and replaced by a 'Young Gun'

#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Oct 2005, 01:09 (Ref:1434693)   #46
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think to a certain degree, I think it is a good thing. I think Seto should make a small baby step back and go back with Lowndes and make a few steps forward and let Seto go to Triple 8 and hopefully we can see a few ford fellas win the Mountain
Old 16 Oct 2005, 02:25 (Ref:1434711)   #47
Placebo
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Placebo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
SO did Mr Ellery.

If you believe the noise, Mr Seton is on the way to having his contract paid out and replaced by a 'Young Gun'

So some questions remain.
If, as you say, Westpoint are departing DJR (I'd heard they may scale down and only sponsor one car) funding could be tight.
Then if Glenn's contract is paid out - more money is needed.
If the "young gun" is Will Davison as rumoured, and Dean Canto goes elsewhere (888 or otherwise) - what happens if the Gatorz sponsorship goes with him? I believe this is not out of the question, as the Gatorz crew are pretty happy with Dean's performance in the HPDC series so far, and in the USA they usually sponsor drivers rather than teams or cars.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 02:31 (Ref:1434714)   #48
TheMan
Racer

TheMan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ellery was consistently a second quicker than Macrow in the race on Sunday. His best was a 2min08.9 compared to a 2min9.8. Also Macrow ruined the gearbox so bad that Ellery had to drive one handed and hold it into gear for the entire last stint and was still banging out 9.9`s. I am dissapointed that 888 have done this and think it will bite them big time, the guys had a hard year but surely momentum is going forward and the team needs some stability. Now they have to fit another driver into the fold and start all over again. Oh well there choice, but this is one supporter lost. I cant stand teams who dishonour contracts.

Oh and by the way Ellery was 100% getting paid by T8 this season.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 03:04 (Ref:1434717)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree with you TheMan... teams choosing not to honour contracts, and instead settling with drivers to pay them out... mean they arent worth very much to start with...

Wasnt Andrew Jones set for GRM for 3 years... he was more than likely to be shafted by the GRM monster... but if Mr McConville, and indeed Holden, departs.. he could be the team #1 with Mr Holdsworth's TTM backing ably assisting the team....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Oct 2005, 03:20 (Ref:1434722)   #50
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the problem with the main game is that the younger drivers do not get given enough opportunities to shine.. (maybe except Dumbrell and R Kelly)