Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Oct 2006, 09:21 (Ref:1735971)   #26
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
But did Chris buy you all doughnuts?
Old 12 Oct 2006, 09:25 (Ref:1735975)   #27
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't remember, we were SO busy with business!
Old 12 Oct 2006, 11:00 (Ref:1736047)   #28
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
What about those of us that can't even photograph?
you write
Old 15 Oct 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1738325)   #29
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't even know how to write!

But on a serious note: does anyone know if Southbank will be open on the Friday?
I bring a guest along and while I'm playing he could take my car to SB and watch practice from there.
Old 15 Oct 2006, 12:20 (Ref:1738349)   #30
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
I don't even know how to write!

But on a serious note: does anyone know if Southbank will be open on the Friday?
I bring a guest along and while I'm playing he could take my car to SB and watch practice from there.
I am sure it will be! It is only closed when there are exceptionally large Meetings being held, when they require the Knife Edge (above SB) for Hospitality and Trade Stands. Can not see this being a part of FF/Caterham Festival.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 08:53 (Ref:1738987)   #31
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
being fed too

yum yum
BRSCC providing lunches Saturday and Sunday

[insert - what follows is purely a figment of my deranged mind and has absolutely no basis in reality and is not in any way BRSCC policy - as far as I know]

I have it on good authority that all pork products have been placed on the category 1 banned susbstances list.

Any marshal may be subjected to random body searches by the chief marshal (and/or her authorised deputies) for illicit pork.

However, in a concession to the strange beliefs held by many marshals that pork produces pandemonium, the big cheeses on high have allowed that roughly one fifth of the packed lunches will contain smokey bacon flavour crisps.

Statistically this should ensure that each post has an officially sanctioned supply of something that the highly superstitious marshals will believe is pork related, whilst the higher powers ensure trouble free racing, safe in the knowledge that everything on post is kosher.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1739038)   #32
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher
Statistically this should ensure that each post has an officially sanctioned supply of something that the highly superstitious marshals will believe is pork related, whilst the higher powers ensure trouble free racing, safe in the knowledge that everything on post is kosher.
Old 16 Oct 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1739057)   #33
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Well you'll be delighted to hear that 4a is already fully crewed..........

http://tentenths.com/forum/attachmen...2&d=1160991742
Old 16 Oct 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1739154)   #34
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I want to know who the other two with Grant are!
Old 16 Oct 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1739222)   #35
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
In line with Bodysnatcher Labs soon to be released line of home cloning kits. (In order to alleviate the marshalling shortage).

and as applied to the preproduction run of trainees at Mondello (the Dave model)

All marshals at Brands 4a will be henceforth be "Grant".
In order to alleviate communication difficulties between brother clones, the original shall be known as "Grant Prime"
the others by a simple alpha suffix.

Looking closely at the painting of the Fformula Fforde Ffestival I think I can discern the Grants at 4a as U,F,O (l to r). Grant Prime will be in the bar, telling tales of when he was the only mighty collossus...etc etc..

** warning chimera production by home cloners has been strictly outlawed **

there shall be no NoviceEvilBobSnatchers at Brands Hatch thank you
Old 16 Oct 2006, 12:00 (Ref:1739224)   #36
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
nurse - Mr Bodysnatcher's medicine please - urgently
Old 16 Oct 2006, 13:01 (Ref:1739297)   #37
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
The main problem with the preproduction run was the tendancy of Daves to melt in the rain or dissolve into a puddle of hormones when presented with a female teenage marshal.

Actually, Grant Prime does that in any case....... maybe we shouldn't have used the leftover DNA?
Old 16 Oct 2006, 13:12 (Ref:1739314)   #38
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
Actually, Grant Prime does that in any case....... maybe we shouldn't have used the leftover DNA?
I'm OLD, I'm allowed to stay in from the rain!
Old 16 Oct 2006, 13:37 (Ref:1739346)   #39
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Rescue Unit/Observers Box (delete as necessary)
Old 16 Oct 2006, 22:21 (Ref:1739706)   #40
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green
I want to know who the other two with Grant are!
Easy. They'll be Mac and Donald.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 21:16 (Ref:1740621)   #41
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there for the saturday an sunday and hope to get to 'my usual post'.

BTW watch for Nicky Catsburg in the Zetecs. One of the other Dutch entries is Shirley van der Lof, granddaughter of Dries van der Lof, the first Dutch F1 driver in 1952.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 09:16 (Ref:1740950)   #42
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
thanks for the tip big guy

but I'll be watching Emma Parker-Bowles
Mrs Prince Charles' niece and a bit of a wild child

http://www.procom.mc/images/Bahrein/GPB_EPB4bis.jpg
Old 18 Oct 2006, 09:53 (Ref:1740980)   #43
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Emma PB is out? In what?

Cool! I've got a lot of time for her

Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

for those of you that haven't seen her in action, she's been doing segments in Vroom Vroom. Including going out in a Nascar style car, a passenger in a motocross sidecar, a kart, a speedway bike and driving a monster truck.

in all cases, she did the work and took her lumps - some fairly nasty bruising after a shunt in the Nascar type race as it happens.

Makes a change from squealing girlies who sit around looking pretty, talk to the camera but don't actually do any work.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 18 Oct 2006, 10:01 (Ref:1740986)   #44
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In the Duratecs.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 10:14 (Ref:1740999)   #45
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
cool
Old 18 Oct 2006, 11:00 (Ref:1741048)   #46
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Emma and Shirley.
Now this is going to get some of the course and fire marshals running, if the girls pull off / go off.

Who gets there first.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 12:41 (Ref:1741142)   #47
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Somedays it's good to be a snapper... Think I may spend a little bit of time in the paddock...
Old 18 Oct 2006, 15:32 (Ref:1741289)   #48
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jon are you going to be a media pass snapper or a speccy snapper?

Alan
Old 18 Oct 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1741299)   #49
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
E P-B has done a fair amount but can be quite amusing - have met her a few times in car related / local occasions but not seen her for a few months when she was doing something for The Sun and Alfa Romeo.. Be interesting to see how she does go in a single seater.
Old 18 Oct 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1741561)   #50
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick message wishing everyone marshaling this weekend a good and safe meeting. For the first time in I don't know how many years I will not be attending this year.