Vettel 15 11.63%
Petrov 0 0%
Glock 0 0%
Other 1 0.78%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Oct 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2779516)   #26
Bernard Bram
Racer

Bernard Bram has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hamilton, only one who actually wanted to race in these conditions.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2779517)   #27
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honourable mention to Liuzzi, who after a few crazy laps drove a great race and ended up in 6th behind Schumacher and Kubica.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 10:39 (Ref:2779527)   #28
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wims View Post
Hamilton made a driver error that cost him the race win. I mean, come on!
I went for Alonso, before I'm accussedo of partisanship (and voting Alonso did hurt!).

In Hamilton's defence however -
a) under the safety car he was on the radio saying how he had needed to make all kinds of balance and drivability changes to the car, so he went into that first corner blind as to how the car would react under full speed. Still a mistake for sure, but hardle the worst ever.
b) the same issues with tyres resulting in the balance changes clearly affected Lewis and caused extreme caution in the closing laps. Granted, if he was still leading he would have pushed harder and maybe still won - but he could also have blown his tyres in the trying and not finished at all.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2779528)   #29
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
gave my vote to sutil, he seemed to be on the coverage more than the leaders and provided some great moments, upstaged the drivers up the front and was always trying, deserved something out of this race
Old 24 Oct 2010, 10:40 (Ref:2779529)   #30
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by genevieve_autumn View Post
Thats very funny, I almost thought you were being serious but as we all know Hammy is the champion of Jessies and hes only just a man, after dumping his dad and finally growing up but hes not a mans man.
Yawn, yawn yawn. Trolls out early today.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2779532)   #31
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
London somedays, Dartford other days
genevieve_autumn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPage View Post
Yawn, yawn yawn. Trolls out early today.
Explain yourself please.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 10:49 (Ref:2779533)   #32
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If he hadn't been in the wrong place when Webber lost it I think Britney may have finished as driver of the race. But it goes to Nando.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2779539)   #33
ukaskew
Racer

ukaskew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sutil - for overtaking my cars in a single race than even Kobayashi at Suzuka.

I'm quietly ignoring the fact it was the same few cars over and over again
Old 24 Oct 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2779545)   #34
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel. Drove superbly. Come on, the engine issue wasn't his fault, unlike it was completely Webber's fault for his crash.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 11:13 (Ref:2779556)   #35
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Voted for Michael Schumacher, the greatest racer in the universe, obviously.

Last edited by ASCII Man; 24 Oct 2010 at 11:26.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 12:06 (Ref:2779578)   #36
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Sutil,he passed everyone at least twice before he binned it.
He was later on the brakes than anyone, outbraking everyone, including more often than not, himself.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2779579)   #37
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Voted for Michael Schumacher, the greatest racer in the universe, obviously.
I was impressed with Schumacher's performance this weekend, I wonder if he will continue to do so well, as this season its the highest he has got and I was doubting his return but now I wonder if the old Schumacher is coming back, be interesting to watch him in future races and see if it isn't just a flash in the pan. We will have to wait and see, make fun viewing!
Old 24 Oct 2010, 12:11 (Ref:2779580)   #38
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesy-18 View Post
Vettel. Drove superbly. Come on, the engine issue wasn't his fault, unlike it was completely Webber's fault for his crash.
That really was bad luck for the red bull team, I thought he was going to win it, so hence why i voted also 8 for this race in the other thread as it was a fun race with all the drama. I didn't see the two red bull not finishing this race, what a suprise!
Old 24 Oct 2010, 12:21 (Ref:2779583)   #39
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
I voted for Liuzzi. I thought with the pressure he's under to keep his drive he did really well to finish sixth. He drove a very controlled race and its gotta do his confidence the world of good for the last two races of the year
Old 24 Oct 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2779589)   #40
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
I voted for Liuzzi. I thought with the pressure he's under to keep his drive he did really well to finish sixth. He drove a very controlled race and its gotta do his confidence the world of good for the last two races of the year
+1. He bloody needed that good result too.

Teflonso as well..Didn't put a foot wrong
Old 24 Oct 2010, 13:09 (Ref:2779594)   #41
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel was pretty well faultless all weekend, and as has been said, was taken out of the race by an engine fault not of his doing.

He was able to gap Alonso at will whenever the SC returned to pitlane, whilst saving his tyres, and had the race totally under control.

Also good to see that despite his championship having suffered from another car failure whilst in a dominant and unchallenged position, he was still able to smile with his engineers, with none of what would have been understandable tantrums in the circumstances.

Re Hamilton I find it amusing that towards the end of the race when asked on the radio about the light, he said the light is perfect. Funnily enough it was all different after the race when he said "It was very tricky out there, particularly towards the end. It was pitch black, I couldn’t see much." Perhaps he was a bit confused in the race? Mind you he might have been stretching the truth, as he has done previously.

A bit like when he suggested on the radio that the track was dry enough for inters, when behind the SC early in the race and wanted the race to be started properly with no SC...... Funnily enough, when the SC came in Lewis did not rush for the inters, but struggled around on the wets, still using the run offs as most did, and was in fact one of the last of the drivers to go onto the inters.

In fact when he went to Inters during the final SC period, as soon as the SC came in and the racing was resumed, Hamilton lost a place, the place that gave Alonso the race win as it turned out, as Lewis glided helplessly off the track and onto the run off at the very first turn with the inters on..
Old 24 Oct 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2779603)   #42
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Re Hamilton I find it amusing that towards the end of the race when asked on the radio about the light, he said the light is perfect. Funnily enough it was all different after the race when he said "It was very tricky out there, particularly towards the end. It was pitch black, I couldn’t see much."
He said the light was 'fine'. And it got much darker between the time he said that and the end of the race, so there's no reason both his statements can't be true.

Quote:
A bit like when he suggested on the radio that the track was dry enough for inters
He said it was ALMOST dry enough for inters. And most of the track obviously was, it was only on the pit straight and second straight that there was any significant standing water at all. In fact, those who did come in early for inters were able to set relatively competitive times, even if they had a harder time keeping it on the track.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 13:26 (Ref:2779605)   #43
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Vettel was pretty well faultless all weekend, and as has been said, was taken out of the race by an engine fault not of his doing.

He was able to gap Alonso at will whenever the SC returned to pitlane, whilst saving his tyres, and had the race totally under control.

Also good to see that despite his championship having suffered from another car failure whilst in a dominant and unchallenged position, he was still able to smile with his engineers, with none of what would have been understandable tantrums in the circumstances.

Re Hamilton I find it amusing that towards the end of the race when asked on the radio about the light, he said the light is perfect. Funnily enough it was all different after the race when he said "It was very tricky out there, particularly towards the end. It was pitch black, I couldn’t see much." Perhaps he was a bit confused in the race? Mind you he might have been stretching the truth, as he has done previously.

A bit like when he suggested on the radio that the track was dry enough for inters, when behind the SC early in the race and wanted the race to be started properly with no SC...... Funnily enough, when the SC came in Lewis did not rush for the inters, but struggled around on the wets, still using the run offs as most did, and was in fact one of the last of the drivers to go onto the inters.

In fact when he went to Inters during the final SC period, as soon as the SC came in and the racing was resumed, Hamilton lost a place, the place that gave Alonso the race win as it turned out, as Lewis glided helplessly off the track and onto the run off at the very first turn with the inters on..
As I said in a previous post, Vettel is really starting to grow up and I can see him being like Button and presenting a good image for this sport, I was impressed that he didn't throw a tantrum when he went out, I do think Vettel will go far.

As for Hamilton I still don't quite understand him, I do think his championship win was a flash in the pan and he will never get that back, however since dropping his dad he has shown some improvement as a driver, I do think both he and Button sometimes get the wrong orders, such as when to pit, so maybe Hamilton is a bit over the place with his decisions about tyres etc as he struggles with whether he decides what he does or what he is told to do. I do wonder who told Button to pit when he did, so far each time its been the wrong time to pit and cost him dearly.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2779607)   #44
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
My drivers of the race are those who arrived without getting into trouble. All top 10 are drivers of the race, not sure about the rest.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 13:32 (Ref:2779608)   #45
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Quote:
I do wonder who told Button to pit when he did, so far each time its been the wrong time to pit and cost him dearly.
Jenson was just slow in general. He admitted as much. And he's won 2 races this year through good pit strategy.

Quote:
I do think Vettel will go far.

As for Hamilton I still don't quite understand him, I do think his championship win was a flash in the pan and he will never get that back
Your logic confuses me. He went toe to toe with a double world champion in his rookie year and came out equal, then won the championship in his second year and won multiple races with an awful car in 2009. That's a 'flash in the pan'? I rate Hamilton as the best driver in F1, closely followed by Alonso, and consider Vettel to be the most over-rated driver on the grid.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2779612)   #46
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Jenson was just slow in general. He admitted as much. And he's won 2 races this year through good pit strategy.

Your logic confuses me. He went toe to toe with a double world champion in his rookie year and came out equal, then won the championship in his second year and won multiple races with an awful car in 2009. That's a 'flash in the pan'? I rate Hamilton as the best driver in F1, closely followed by Alonso, and consider Vettel to be the most over-rated driver on the grid.
I don't think Hamilton has what it takes to be considered best driver in F1, I think there are stronger drivers than him and I think he is overated. He won the championship by a few points and I think he was very lucky. I do think a lot is to do with his car, having such a great car I am not suprised that he has done so well in the past and present but if he was in a different car I don't think he would do so well. I don't think you can call him the greatest driver ever until you have seen him drive for quite a long period, compared to other drivers it is too soon to say if he is the greatest, so far i don't think so.

As for Button I think he does has what it takes but the last couple of races I have watched he has pited at the wrong time, in a previous race he went from first place to quite a low position and again I don't think he pitted the right time, 3 times at least I have seen him pit the wrong time and I think he is being told when to pit, not making the decision himself and if he decided when it was the right time to come in I think his performance would imrpove.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2779613)   #47
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Quote:
having such a great car I am not suprised that he has done so well in the past and present but if he was in a different car I don't think he would do so well.
That was my point though. He was still doing well in the 2009 McLaren, which was an utter dog of a car.

Quote:
I don't think you can call him the greatest driver ever until you have seen him drive for quite a long period
Oh he's not the greatest driver ever. At least not yet! Just the greatest of the moment
Old 24 Oct 2010, 14:02 (Ref:2779615)   #48
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
That was my point though. He was still doing well in the 2009 McLaren, which was an utter dog of a car.

Oh he's not the greatest driver ever. At least not yet! Just the greatest of the moment
I think Hamilton is a strong driver but to win a championship I do think he relies heavy on having a good car, I do not think his driving skills are enough to win a championship, which is why in 2009 I don't think he did that well he spent more races coming in between 5-10 place rather than in the top 5, had he a better car maybe he would have done better but I think 2009 showed that Hamilton isn't as solid a driver as everyone makes out.

LOL. We will have to wait and see if Hamilton proves me wrong, I am willing to admit I am wrong but we will see... My opinion of him has changed since he dropped his dad as since doing that he has grown up a lot and doesn't blame the engineers as he use to but although he is acting like a man and someone you would want to represent your team, i don't think his driving skills have improved, just the car!
Old 24 Oct 2010, 14:09 (Ref:2779618)   #49
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by genevieve_autumn View Post
I think Hamilton is a strong driver but to win a championship I do think he relies heavy on having a good car, I do not think his driving skills are enough to win a championship
Nobody has ever won the championship without a good car and nobody ever will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genevieve_autumn
I think 2009 showed that Hamilton isn't as solid a driver as everyone makes out.
Funny you should say that. As 2009 was the year that Hamilton won over a lot of his detractors on here, by continuing to drag good results from a poor car.
Old 24 Oct 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2779624)   #50
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Nobody has ever won the championship without a good car and nobody ever will.
I think though he relies too much on having a good car as I don't think he has enough driving skills to win it without a good car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Funny you should say that. As 2009 was the year that Hamilton won over a lot of his detractors on here, by continuing to drag good results from a poor car.
I think he did well but not brillant, I think Hamilton relied alot on taking advantage of the safety car and cheating, we all remenber the Liegate Scandal, I thought his Appollo performance was bad until that scandal, another shameful moment for Hamilton.

If he was such a good driver he would have done better in 2009, he got a lot of times not in the points or not in the top 5, that to me does not show he is such a great driver as everyone makes out.

He went to McClaren as Ron Dennis Protege and had the team molded around him, no one else has had that privelage.

Last edited by genevieve_autumn; 24 Oct 2010 at 14:43.