Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Mar 2013, 02:38 (Ref:3217674)   #26
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The V8Supercar iPhone app has an icon on the website suggesting that they surpassed 175,000 downloads last year... at $15 a pop (less GST & costs), its a strong contributor to V8SA budgets...
Interesting mathematics for a free app. Of course I doubt we will ever see how many of the 175,000 actually paid for the upgrade.

175,000 * 15 = $2,625,000 but
175,000 * 0 = 0
Old 13 Mar 2013, 05:14 (Ref:3217688)   #27
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Wonder how much product you get for the subscription

The V8Supercar iPhone app has an icon on the website suggesting that they surpassed 175,000 downloads last year... at $15 a pop (less GST & costs), its a strong contributor to V8SA budgets...

In the survey they quoted $59.95 for a season pass and $2.95 for a days access as their pricing to get feedback on. For all sessions live (I think they include the Dunlop series as well) and commercial free I would be more than happy to pay that..
Old 13 Mar 2013, 05:16 (Ref:3217689)   #28
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not available in NZ by all accounts because of the Sky TV deal.
Old 13 Mar 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3217709)   #29
hairykiore
Rookie

hairykiore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tasmania V8's

Hi...If I can successfully get the Tasmania Live Streams...in NZ....I am interested in seeing if one can share the stream ...anybody interested please contact me...HK
Old 14 Apr 2013, 06:26 (Ref:3233744)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

V8SuperView is GO!!

The broadcaster must have picked up on the survey information, this weekend's viewing was awesome... the picture a lot better than the Clipsal effort, and not once dropping out on my iPhone...

Awesome!

The next question will be... will we pay for the service for future rounds?

Service Here
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Apr 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3233779)   #31
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

V8SuperView is GO!!

The broadcaster must have picked up on the survey information, this weekend's viewing was awesome... the picture a lot better than the Clipsal effort, and not once dropping out on my iPhone...

Awesome!

The next question will be... will we pay for the service for future rounds?

Service Here
Is it ad free and every lap live as it happens? If they aren't showing every single lap the V8s are on the track, its not worth bothering in my eyes.
Old 15 Apr 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3234496)   #32
hairykiore
Rookie

Race Nine..

Did anybody experience a huge degragation of the stream in Race Nine ...because I did ..in fact I had to refresh every minute to try and keep up with the race between the freezes....??? Isn't it amazing when even in this age nobody takes responsibility and its always the fault of something else...I am referring to my ISP.....Why did I get the Qualifying and race 8 perfectly and Race 9 was a disaster .....??? and to change ISP would cost me $199....??? Hk
Old 15 Apr 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3234549)   #33
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From memory, race 9 was fine for me.
Old 3 May 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3242098)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... who else has signed up for V8Superview?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 3 May 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3242104)   #35
Langers
Veteran

Me
Old 3 May 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3242122)   #36
hairykiore
Rookie

Not Me...

Unfortunately I must have the worst ISP in the world that goes from 14.6mbps mid afternoon slowly down to a low of 1.8mbps at 9.30pm before returning back up to 14.6 at round midnight so its not worth my buying it especially when I have to use a proxy setting which probably affects my bandwidth even more ....To terminate my contract they want $199 and I have no guarantee that another ISP will be any better ..Thats what one gets living in a 3rd world country?? in the a*se of the world...Hk

PS..I know several sport web sites are trying to get access to a feed to send round the world....Thats my best hope ??
Old 3 May 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3242135)   #37
hairykiore
Rookie

V8's online

I have just seen that the v8's are already scheduled on at least one online sports site which will cancel out any geographical blocks and of course its free...Hk
Old 4 May 2013, 04:03 (Ref:3242458)   #38
hairykiore
Rookie

I am watching V8's live ,free and no geoblocking.

Hi...I am watching V8's in HD Full Screen on my PC and the feed is brilliant...I wonder if its permissible for me to put the link up so without the oK I will not do this at this point of time...One can clearly see where the stream is coming from but not being a networking engineer I do not know how it ends up on a Sport Web Site ..Hk
Old 4 May 2013, 04:47 (Ref:3242462)   #39
Langers
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairykiore View Post
I have just seen that the v8's are already scheduled on at least one online sports site which will cancel out any geographical blocks and of course its free...Hk
Sure, but can you sleep at night knowing you're defrauding a series that is struggling financially?
Old 4 May 2013, 05:00 (Ref:3242467)   #40
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Sure, but can you sleep at night knowing you're defrauding a series that is struggling financially?
I lol'd my face off.

Until they catch up with the times (like the music industry is just getting onto, and the film industry is yet to), they can deal with 'being defrauded'
Old 4 May 2013, 05:11 (Ref:3242471)   #41
Langers
Veteran

So you're basically saying that V8 Supercars should broadcast free online all around the world?
Old 4 May 2013, 05:13 (Ref:3242473)   #42
hairykiore
Rookie

Quote:
Why Not?? I would be willing to contribute but to whom??? If they are stupid enough to put a geographical block on the country I reside in to try and force me into signing up with a Company that I have little respect for at a cost of $70 a month just to watch Aussie v8's..well they better think again ...I knew that it would only be a matter of time till the V8's were picked up by online sports sites....What astounds me is where the site I am watching gets its stream from??? Now if I could only watch the 4 legged racing but alas their heads are in the sand also...probably the same company??
Old 4 May 2013, 05:21 (Ref:3242478)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
1st session online.
1st fail.
Didnt load... Not good
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 May 2013, 05:28 (Ref:3242481)   #44
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
So you're basically saying that V8 Supercars should broadcast free online all around the world?
I'll spell it our for the less intelligent.

The music industry realised people weren't buying physical discs anymore, so they made iTunes to sell their media (keyword there, is sell)

The film industry will see a signifigant reduction in piracy when they finally realise this, and likewise motorsport series' (some have already got it, some never will, i'm guessing V8SC will be in the latter due to their signifigant 'upbringing' with Failstra).

Live streaming services are big ticket atm, if they can execute it, going by GTRs post, they seem to have dropped the ball in the first instance (even with 2 testing rounds)
Old 4 May 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3242819)   #45
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Oh stealthy the wise one :rollseyes:
Old 5 May 2013, 01:17 (Ref:3242950)   #46
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Haha. Coming from the organisation that has benefited off struggling motor racing series over the years it is hard to be too sympathetic.
Old 5 Jul 2013, 03:50 (Ref:3274104)   #47
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Just noticed they are finally going to stream p3 (today in 45 mins) and p4 (tomorrow) on this new fandangle technology. A step in the right direction boys.