Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 20 Sep 2010, 18:43 (Ref:2762076)   #26
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just finished the entire magazine. No, I'm not that slow a reader, just wanted to spread the joy over a longer period

It's been a great read. Excellent value IMO.
Top quality writing. Great presentation and an enjoyable mix of topics.
Old 21 Sep 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2762426)   #27
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Like John, I've just finished it. Good value and some excellent pictures (as always in Autosport). Nice to be reminded why my interest in F1 has waned over the years.

I'll forgive the limited club level coverage on this occasion.

Regards

Jim
Old 22 Sep 2010, 06:47 (Ref:2762849)   #28
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Are you seriously saying there was no F1 car or driver on the cover? That's a serious shock-horror!!!
Last week they had absolutely no pics of AUTOSPORT Silverstone 1000km on the cover, but instead some usual F1 blah blah. Now, I don't excactly expect them to take niche LMS to the front cover, but it's their title race... you could at least have a small banner on top with Peugeot, or something.

But when there's Le Mans 24 Hours - the best and biggest motor race of the year - on the weekend, you'd expect that to get more space on magazine cover than another boring GP... but I guess you can't expect that from a F1 magazine, can you.

Le Mans guide was nice, though. As was this special issue.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2762903)   #29
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Last week they had absolutely no pics of AUTOSPORT Silverstone 1000km on the cover, but instead some usual F1 blah blah. Now, I don't excactly expect them to take niche LMS to the front cover, but it's their title race... you could at least have a small banner on top with Peugeot, or something.

But when there's Le Mans 24 Hours - the best and biggest motor race of the year - on the weekend, you'd expect that to get more space on magazine cover than another boring GP... but I guess you can't expect that from a F1 magazine, can you.

Le Mans guide was nice, though. As was this special issue.
This has been a bain for many people, myself included. I think that the decision to run Formula One on every single cover has been taken by the publisher and not by the editorial team. I guess they feel that it must help boost circulation or something, who knows.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2762905)   #30
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

I suspect that the editorial staff would like to vary the front cover but commercial concerns dictate otherwise. I recall an editor coming on here (Jon McEvoy or Andrew van der Burgt I think) and explaining that sales drop significantly when they put anything other than F1 on the cover. How can we expect them to justify that to Haymarket and their advertisers at a time when print media is competing with 1000s of free online outlets?

If we want Autosport to continue, we have to be realistic.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 10:39 (Ref:2762943)   #31
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite so!!
Old 22 Sep 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2762945)   #32
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
This has been a bain for many people, myself included. I think that the decision to run Formula One on every single cover has been taken by the publisher and not by the editorial team. I guess they feel that it must help boost circulation or something, who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I suspect that the editorial staff would like to vary the front cover but commercial concerns dictate otherwise. I recall an editor coming on here (Jon McEvoy or Andrew van der Burgt I think) and explaining that sales drop significantly when they put anything other than F1 on the cover. How can we expect them to justify that to Haymarket and their advertisers at a time when print media is competing with 1000s of free online outlets?

If we want Autosport to continue, we have to be realistic.
Exactly right, guys.