1 0 0%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Nov 2012, 01:02 (Ref:3168227)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Exactly! I am surprised they didn't give them boots on the podium!
Lol, that would have been funny seeing them put boots on, just before they go out on the podium.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 01:07 (Ref:3168228)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's good to read so many people enjoyed it. I'm not sure it was the most gripping (ahem) race, but me being at the circuit helped me enjoy it more, so I will await a viewing once back home before giving it a score.

What was good was the lack of incidents, investigations and safety cars and the good track. I want fewer complaints from drivers about lack of grip- good!
Old 19 Nov 2012, 01:14 (Ref:3168232)   #28
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Pretty darn good - even liked the Stetsons......

Shame Webber retired, but an entertaining race never-the-less.....and the Ferrari manipulation was unfortunate, but it probably didn't affect things too much.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 03:15 (Ref:3168264)   #29
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 maybe even 9.5
Uncommonly good race from start to finish. Also helped by the fact it started at 6 am local time not 3 like Brazil will!
Old 19 Nov 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3168270)   #30
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am going to give it a 10. Probably the best race of this season. You know why? Because we had a really close battle for the lead for most of the race.

A decent track from Tilke(how often do you hear that?). The elevation change and turn 1 are superb. But so are the other corners. I can't wait for a wet weather race there - although I might have a long wait on my hands for that. His best racetrack since Sepang.

It kept the WDC really close as well.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 04:04 (Ref:3168282)   #31
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

I can imagine how it could be better, but it was really good.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 05:04 (Ref:3168294)   #32
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I loved the cowboy hats! It was a cool surprise!
Old 19 Nov 2012, 05:06 (Ref:3168295)   #33
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Other than Lewis overtaking Seb I thought the 2nd half of the race wasn't as exciting as the first half. Great battle between those two though.

Does COTA really count as a tilke track? Tavo is the true designer. Its been grinding my gears that V8sc, f1, and WEC/alms fans have been writing it off as a tilkedrome before we even saw a race. Can't wait to watch all 4 series race here next year, hopefully with some rain mixed in too
Old 19 Nov 2012, 06:03 (Ref:3168301)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I enjoyed it. Plenty of action and a battle for the lead at last. 7 from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I think we'd ALL be frustrated with the DRS in that situation! Also, I think Vettel was annoyed with the lapped car they caught there in the esses, which got Hamilton that close to him in the first place. It seems FAR more reasonable and understandable (also, heat of the moment sort of thing) than Lewis' repeated whinging AT the team over the radio, like in Korea.
Not to me it didn't. I told my TV to tell him to belt up and get on with it..... It isn't exactly the first time a back-marker has strayed into the leader's path.....

Last edited by Aysedasi; 19 Nov 2012 at 06:08.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 07:34 (Ref:3168317)   #35
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9 from me , great track , great close racing and a great battle between Lewis and Seb . Turn 1 is awesome and turn 19 was so entertaining !
Old 19 Nov 2012, 08:30 (Ref:3168331)   #36
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I gave it a 7, it was a great circuit and the racing was good throughout but not total edge of the seat stuff that would have given it a 9.

Cowboy hats was a nice fun touch, made a change from the omni-present baseball caps and was was mentioned, the fact that they didn't get thrown to the punters shows that the drivers liked a bit of fun too.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3168338)   #37
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
great race with plenty of action, I think this new track deserves its place, no serious accidents and plenty of overtaking, a real breath of fresh air for F1
Old 19 Nov 2012, 08:45 (Ref:3168343)   #38
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9 From me. Not just for the race but for the circuit, the "show" which was so wonderfully unashamedly American and for all the effort the people of Austin have put in to make this happen. I really think it's going to work for F1 this time!
Old 19 Nov 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3168375)   #39
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!TrapezeArtist has a real shot at the podium!
9 from me too. Lots of super-close racing and good overtaking with virtually no contact. This was one of those days when F1 really looked as if it had the best drivers in the world. There are so many examples to choose from, but I'll go for Button's pass on Raikkonen: hard racing from two world champions who both understood where the limit lies, and went right up to it and no further.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3168378)   #40
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 best close racing so far this season, the track is all it was made to be excellent.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3168439)   #41
mythoughtsareracing
Racer

United States
Houston Area
mythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmythoughtsareracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
NASCAR does that at Texas Motor Speedway. The trophy for one race actually is a pair of boots.

Yeah, a 9. I think different tire compounds would have made more excitement, but I can understand why PIrelli made the conservative choice on the new surface.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 12:36 (Ref:3168446)   #42
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a fantastic circuit! You could tell the drivers loved it. Maybe it was down to the new surface, but there seemed to be more places where overtaking is possible than any other circuit on the calendar.

10/10 for the design - and a pit lane wider than the M25 in places, I'll swear.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3168448)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
What a fantastic circuit! You could tell the drivers loved it. Maybe it was down to the new surface, but there seemed to be more places where overtaking is possible than any other circuit on the calendar.

10/10 for the design - and a pit lane wider than the M25 in places, I'll swear.
I think a lot of it is down to the track not being originally designed by Tilke.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3168450)   #44
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'd go even further, next year the winner should have to do a back-flip off his car in victory lane.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:00 (Ref:3168464)   #45
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
8-best Tilke track. Lack of grip made for lots of passing throughout. Enjoyed it.

Europeans look weird in cowboy hats and the name "Pirelli" looks weird on cowboys hats. Give 'em all a couple six shooters next time.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:02 (Ref:3168468)   #46
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
8. Not bad at all for a Tilke track. Perhaps a better tyre choice next season will improve things still further.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:04 (Ref:3168471)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I'd go even further, next year the winner should have to do a back-flip off his car in victory lane.
Or even a Hélio Castroneves and climb the catch fencing.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3168490)   #48
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Or even a Hélio Castroneves and climb the catch fencing.
Just sit and wait for that to happen...
Old 19 Nov 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3168586)   #49
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gave it an 8. liked the track and the racing was good and much cleaner than the last race. but my expectations went too high after the last race and maybe i let myself down rather than the race letting me down.

they did an unbelievable job in its design and part of my score was based on the practice sessions and getting to watch the teams and drivers find the limit there.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3168667)   #50
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I gave it a seven.

While the track appeared to be excellent the racing wasn't anything special with Seb domination until the last minute and a few average overtaking moves. While the Lewis victory was a surprise he wasn't challenging for anything except bragging rights so it didn't have the same effect as it would have if Alonso pulled it off.

On to Brazil!