Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 29 Jun 2003, 19:14 (Ref:646367)   #26
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hold on Lee. I said originally that I wasn't accusing anyone here of an anti French stance. So settle down and read what I wrote.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 03:11 (Ref:646728)   #27
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bourdais had 2 wins in the quarter we're voting on so I fail to see why anyone would have a problem voting for him. His performance seems to have tailed off recently. Considering the way he started, I expected bigger things from him. I'll admit voting for him was less satisfying then voting for PT last quarter.

I lost a LOT of respect for those who were not so long ago, bad mouthing the French (from France, not Quebecers). Before the Iraq situation I found some of their policies distastefull and I made fun of them. It was a sad day when they became the international voice of reason. It was tragic that this was because my country's greatest friend became irrational and dangerous... I know many up here have had their opinion of our friends diminish massively the last couple years.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 19:04 (Ref:647538)   #28
sgw2
Racer

United States
Sunnyvale, California
sgw2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dov
You said it, Prost!!!

P.S. Sam Hornish is a very good, but he is not the best oval racer!
Dov,

OK, name a better OW oval driver today.

I'll concede that NASCAR may have few better oval drivers in stockers. And Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon, if they put their heart into it, might be really good on ovals in OW - Stewart did in fact come up through OW, and like Hornish was IRL Champion, but against a weaker field.

But it is pretty clear that nobody, not even the Penske duo, is his match.
Old 30 Jun 2003, 21:08 (Ref:647732)   #29
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, Sqw2, maybe there isn't a better OW oval driver then Sam Hornish today, but there are a number of drivers who I feel are his equal. Paul Tracy, Jimmy Vasser, Bruno Junqueira, Michel Jourdain Jr., Sebastien Bourdais, Helio Castroneves, Gil de Ferran, Scott Dixon, Kenny Brack, and Tony Kanaan.

Quote:
Originally posted by sqw2
Give him better equipment (than the Chevy boat anchor) and he'll beat all the guys in either CART or IRL.
(1) In 2002 Sam Hornish barely won the IRL championship with SUPERIOR equipment. (2) The fact that Sam barely beat the other drivers (Helio/Gil/Kenny/Tony) who were brought up as pure road racers doesn't impress me. (3) Like I said in a earlier thread, if CART and the IRL were united (2/3rds of the schedule were street/road courses), Hornish would be very lucky to crack the top 10 in the Driver(s) Championship.
Old 1 Jul 2003, 02:25 (Ref:647930)   #30
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bourdais was lucky to get both those Euro wins; Brands when Tracy blew up and Germany when the officials handed it to him on a plate. Yes, they both count the same and sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. But I'm waiting to see if he can do it in a straight fight before I crown him king of the world.

Dominguez admitted at Brands that his 3rd place was much sweeter to him than the win at Surfers because it was won in a straight fight; and although the win at Germany was denied him by meddling officials, that second place was earned too. Lets see Bourdais do that twice in a row.
Old 2 Jul 2003, 14:47 (Ref:649752)   #31
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No way is Bourdais driver of the year!!!!!!!

Jourdain or Tracy.