Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Apr 2006, 15:36 (Ref:1568030)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drivers walk through other teams garages quite often I thought.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 15:38 (Ref:1568031)   #27
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and here was me thinking he was there to steal the car designs back for Ferrari.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1568036)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They could do with them!
Old 2 Apr 2006, 15:47 (Ref:1568044)   #29
Bleu
Veteran

Finland
Espoo, Finland
Bleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBleu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esorniloc
How close were the Toyota and Ferrari garages?
They are next to each other.

In Melbourne weaker (last season) teams have garages at the beginning of the pit lane, so he went to garages too early.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 16:08 (Ref:1568070)   #30
Rubinho
Racer

United Kingdom
Cambridge, UK
Rubinho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Drivers walk through other teams garages quite often I thought.
Indeed, I was surprised about the drama that was made of it. I read it as him making for the closest pit to get out the back and out of the eyes of the pitlane cameras asap.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 16:46 (Ref:1568115)   #31
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
haha. can't believe the drama people are trying to cook out of this.

Piglet got it there.
Old 2 Apr 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1568556)   #32
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet
I don't like to take the excitement out of this but drivers walk through and in and out of other garages all the time. These people travel and work together for the majority of the year - they all know each other quite well!!

MS wouldn't have chosen to walk down a live pit lane with cars coming in, for a start this is heavily "discouraged" by the FIA and secondly it's virtually impossible as once the teams are out waiting for their cars you can't walk through on the garage side of the lane and you'd have to be completly barking to take to the outside.

What you could see him try to do was go round the Honda kit and go out the other side of the garage back into the pit lane, it was then obvious from the footage and presumably to Michael that this couldn't be done, so he did the sensible thing which was go out of the back of the garage.

Am I missing what's exciting about this!?
But the Toyota and Ferrari garages are right next to each other
Old 2 Apr 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1568563)   #33
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
He did it intentionally. He did it by mistake. Satan compelled him.

What does it matter?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 08:57 (Ref:1568813)   #34
SpawnyWhippet
Veteran

United Kingdom
Singapore
SpawnyWhippet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There is nothing unusual about this. Behind the garages in Albert Park there is a common outdoor hospitality area where you can walk along and look into the back of each garage (if you have the correct pass of course.) This is the area where you see all the post race interviews. Drivers are always walking through the most convenient garage to get to the other side, especially if they are in a hurry or the pitlane is live.

The Melbourne newspapers tried to make it appear that he was so confused he mistook the Toyota garage for the Ferrari one. Highly unlikely.
Old 3 Apr 2006, 11:12 (Ref:1568907)   #35
Naruto
Racer

United States
Philadelphia, PA
Naruto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why didnt nobody at Toyota stop MS?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1568927)   #36
Big-O
Racer

Iceland
Iceland
Big-O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe he was just looking for a TV-set to demolish

Ok ok this was a bit harsh ....
Old 3 Apr 2006, 11:41 (Ref:1568937)   #37
Naruto
Racer

United States
Philadelphia, PA
hes to OLD for F1 i guess
Old 3 Apr 2006, 11:49 (Ref:1568943)   #38
Naruto
Racer

United States
Philadelphia, PA
hes to OLD for F1 i guess
Old 3 Apr 2006, 12:04 (Ref:1568955)   #39
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto
Why didnt nobody at Toyota stop MS?
Because it happens all the time - that's why it's a non story!!

Jeez three races in and this is all you can discuss - is there not something more interesting around!
Old 3 Apr 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1568999)   #40
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Maybe he was going to see his agent, Weber works for both Ralf and Michael.
Hasn't one of them dropped Weber now - Ralf?
Old 3 Apr 2006, 15:31 (Ref:1569145)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quick flick through a tabloid paper today revealed that there are some who believe walking into the Toyota garage "compounded his crash"!
Old 4 Apr 2006, 02:28 (Ref:1569688)   #42
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Complete nonsense..The thread that is..
Old 4 Apr 2006, 06:10 (Ref:1569751)   #43
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I would assume Toyotas reknowned catering (Sushi, Sashimi etc) appealed to him more the Mama's Gnocchi!
Old 4 Apr 2006, 08:36 (Ref:1569867)   #44
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I was sitting directly opposite Ralf's garage and I couldn't believe it... From my longish distance viewpoint, Michael looked quickly up at the garage and walked in, I presume he just saw 'Schumacher' and a hint of the colour red... Funny though!
Old 4 Apr 2006, 13:46 (Ref:1570151)   #45
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
He did it intentionally. He did it by mistake. Satan compelled him.

What does it matter?
It matters because its amusing to us...why do people care what Britney spears eats at red lobster?

I can just see it now:

Anchor: "in a bid to get development back on track Ferrari has brought in an old friend...the Pope" ::cuts to scene of pope and f1 car::

Pope: "the power of christ compels you"

and then we see all these little demons shaped like a black f1 car come flying out of the car and back into the depths of hell
Old 4 Apr 2006, 23:04 (Ref:1570970)   #46
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
No, no.

The Evil Empire & Its Satanic Son would have a warlock summoning the demons into the car.

Incidentally, I don't care at all where Britney Spears eats.
Old 5 Apr 2006, 01:07 (Ref:1571020)   #47
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton

Incidentally, I don't care at all where Britney Spears eats.
My World is shattered......Britney Spears eats!
Old 5 Apr 2006, 03:19 (Ref:1571063)   #48
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just thought the back of the garages were like those multiple slots at post offices, where you get local mail, same state, interstate and international mail slots to make sorting easier and they all just wind up in the exact same bin behind the wall...
Old 5 Apr 2006, 09:45 (Ref:1571244)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems he went on a tour to see where Mike Gascoyne sat... before he moves to Ferrari
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Apr 2006, 17:06 (Ref:1571541)   #50
cannardd
Racer

United Kingdom
London, England
cannardd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
given his mood at the time, it is also possible that he really did not want to walk through his own garage...