Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Nov 2014, 04:35 (Ref:3476793)   #26
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's a pretty fair point.
Old 20 Nov 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3476864)   #27
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
First standing start since Marcos left Australia I believe? That might be a bit interesting!

In sure he'll be giving it a bit of practice just like last time when he was trying to improve his starts-gee I wonder who ended up with that XR8?
Old 21 Nov 2014, 01:25 (Ref:3477119)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is the #222 Commodore set to become the Coates Hire-mobile for Homebush?

Interesting to read in the financial press that HHA is now part owned by the much maligned McAleese group, a brand that appeared on the bonnet of Mr Percat's car for the first time at Phillip Island
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Nov 2014, 03:04 (Ref:3477146)   #29
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So is this guy full of **** or has he really seen next year's livery?
Old 21 Nov 2014, 03:10 (Ref:3477147)   #30
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Anyway I think we might find out his 2015 sponsors at Sydney.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 04:13 (Ref:3477158)   #31
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Maybe he saw a Pirtek show car.. there are a couple wandering around for all the other sporting properties the company supports
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Nov 2014, 05:10 (Ref:3477169)   #32
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is the #222 Commodore set to become the Coates Hire-mobile for Homebush?

Interesting to read in the financial press that HHA is now part owned by the much maligned McAleese group, a brand that appeared on the bonnet of Mr Percat's car for the first time at Phillip Island
With the greatest respect I think you will find that HHA has been on the bonnet and sides of Percat's car since Symmons Plains early this year.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 05:38 (Ref:3477171)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
With the greatest respect I think you will find that HHA has been on the bonnet and sides of Percat's car since Symmons Plains early this year.
Yes it has, but the deal with HHA was for all the rounds bar the first two and last Here...

...but many things can change as the year progresses... Hence the question..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Nov 2014, 06:35 (Ref:3477177)   #34
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes it has, but the deal with HHA was for all the rounds bar the first two and last Here...

...but many things can change as the year progresses... Hence the question..
Your words "all the rounds bar the first two" is incorrect.

HHA were there for Symmons and that was the SECOND round of the 2014 Championship.
Old 21 Nov 2014, 06:47 (Ref:3477181)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Your words "all the rounds bar the first two" is incorrect.

HHA were there for Symmons and that was the SECOND round of the 2014 Championship.
The Australian Grand Prix meeting is a 'round' in every sense of the word except that it doesnt pay championship points.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Nov 2014, 02:21 (Ref:3478437)   #36
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So DJ has come out in favour of a double points finale in Sydney.

Bringing this up after the championship is already settled is a bit weird, and I am not sure I know of any race fans who would like something so contrived.

Honestly DJ, the door is that way. Cash the Captain's cheques and take a seachange.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 02:33 (Ref:3478441)   #37
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
So DJ has come out in favour of a double points finale in Sydney.

Bringing this up after the championship is already settled is a bit weird, and I am not sure I know of any race fans who would like something so contrived.

Honestly DJ, the door is that way. Cash the Captain's cheques and take a seachange.
surely he is talking about the future - next year

What's wrong with the idea? different races are worth different point all year long?
Old 25 Nov 2014, 02:40 (Ref:3478442)   #38
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
What's wrong with the idea? different races are worth different point all year long?
Its a ****ing stupid idea from a stupid old fag in F1 and I hate it.

Can you imagine if people were racing hard all year and one person won just because of double points for one race for arbitrary reasons. It is just utter rubbish.

Not really that happy with shafting Scotty Pye to give The Messiah his engineer.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 03:05 (Ref:3478444)   #39
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Clearly Mr Pye won't be there next year.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 07:25 (Ref:3478476)   #40
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was no fan of double points at Clipsal either.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 07:33 (Ref:3478478)   #41
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Maybe we can take the Top 10 in points after Bathurst, reset the points and give the bloke in 10th a chance to win the title over the last three events too....

Why is the last round doubly as important as any other event?

F1 is ditching the stupidity for next year anyway....
Old 25 Nov 2014, 08:43 (Ref:3478500)   #42
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Points for pole would be a better idea.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 08:55 (Ref:3478507)   #43
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'm not against it but you'll end up with more domination of the championship.

Look what ended up happening when they changed the rules to stop HRT & Skaife running away with it, we had Ingall and Kelly's championships where they just accumulated points and barely won anything.
Old 25 Nov 2014, 09:00 (Ref:3478510)   #44
Umai Naa
Veteran

So is the current points spread OK, too close, or too spread apart?

Perhaps with only 20 or so cars, its too generous? Remember way back, when only the top 20 got points?
Old 25 Nov 2014, 09:50 (Ref:3478521)   #45
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or when F1 only rewarded the top 6:
Old 25 Nov 2014, 10:00 (Ref:3478527)   #46
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I remember the ATCC rewarding the top 10...
I think the points system now is ok with all the different race formats!
Old 25 Nov 2014, 10:05 (Ref:3478530)   #47
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
That could potentially lead to other complications, like the championship potentially being decided after a qualifying session.

I think you should just pay points on the racing, things like qualifying are just a mechanism to get the cars onto the grid afterall, the racing is the main show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick
or when F1 only rewarded the top 6:
The 10, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1 version was probably the best point scoring system ever devised.
Old 26 Nov 2014, 06:47 (Ref:3478773)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Nov 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3478821)   #49
MattV
Racer

Australia
Sydney
MattV should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I blame Gen Y and their winning isn't everything/as long as you try your best/everyone gets a prize mollycoddling for the point scoring problems :-)
Old 26 Nov 2014, 10:07 (Ref:3478829)   #50
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattV View Post
I blame Gen Y and their winning isn't everything/as long as you try your best/everyone gets a prize mollycoddling for the point scoring problems :-)
Hard to argue with that

Points were once earned, it was a feat to 'get into the points'