Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Where oh where will he be?
Jaguar 5 8.47%
Williams 41 69.49%
Ferrari 4 6.78%
Toyota 8 13.56%
BAR 0 0%
McLaren 0 0%
Renault 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Jun 2004, 08:36 (Ref:995904)   #26
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, Flav manages both Renault and Mark..and it would seem logical for Mark to get a seat in Renault.

However, Flav is in a very fortunate position of having under his control many good quality drivers, and he is a person who is very smart with business.

Flav has under him at least 4 drivers ready to race for Renault next season. Frank (3rd driver who's trained to be F1 ready), Alonso/Trulli (who are already in Renault racing), and Mark (who's in Jag).

At this point of time, Trulli had proven himself a race winner and capable of matching AND beating his much hyped teammate Alonso - while BOTH drivers are good friends..a rare sight in modern F1 (just ask Williams!)

So it would be strange if Flav rocks the boat with what's already a strong driver pairing and introduce some instability.

Furthermore, Flav would be keen to promote the value of Frank, which he is the manager. so in the case that Trulli or Alonso is moved to another team, i won't be surprised if Frank is given a seat in Renault (if no other teams want him) to increase his profile/value.

Of course, Webber could find himself in Renault if Flav thinks Frank isn't ready and Alonso is being snapped by another team.

IMO, while Flavio tries to choose the best driver combination for Renault from his own pool of talents, i've little doubt that Flav would sign a deal with cash and dollar signs very much in his mind.

If Ferrari offered a high sum for Alonso/Webber, or if aanother team bids big on Webber, Flav would not hesitate to capitalise on the driver's market value to get some huge bucks - knowing very well how volatile the market can be.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 08:37 (Ref:995906)   #27
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
grumpy, Flav said it clear that jarno's current performances will have to last all year round to ensure him a seat for next year. Therefore a Webber's switch to Renault cannot be completely ruled out IMO
Old 7 Jun 2004, 08:39 (Ref:995909)   #28
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
.. on the other hand, should Trulli go on outperforming Alonso, it could be the Spaniard to risk: not, of course to go to Jag, but to be sold (for a good amount of money) to another prime team, say, FW, Ferrari or wherever.

Last edited by climb; 7 Jun 2004 at 08:39.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 09:14 (Ref:995933)   #29
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1
No thats not what I said.I said Michael would stay away from anything to do with the new car.He will see it and drive it the same day Webber does.The rest of the Ferrari group will be well into development by the time this deal is done if at all.My spy tells me Michael is pushing for this as well as Ferrari and is prepared to part with some of his own cash to make it happen.It all rests with Falvio as he owns Webbers contract. The Grumpy1
No way - i dont know what i will do if mark gets to ferrari Willams or Renault is the best bet but it will be out of this world if Mark is with Ferrari

But then again - IF Ferrari do want him, they are able to pay alot for him!

Oh the mind boggles
Old 7 Jun 2004, 09:27 (Ref:995940)   #30
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Where oh where will he be?

Quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1
P.S. yes 3 teams is correct Toyota Williams and I'm not saying.
What are you on about?

Anyway, I voted Williams.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 10:58 (Ref:996014)   #31
grumpy1
Veteran

grumpy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DriverT I didn't say GTR worked it out.Yes the third team is Ferrari.
Adam the conversation between Marks manager and the boss of Renault would be interesting.Should get poor Flav locked up as being nuts.
Ozrevhead you better figure that out because its,as i said quite possible at this stage.
GTR to Flav Mark is a comoditie that is to be sold to the highest bidder.As you said hes spoilt for talent so he will sell to the highest bidder.Its a sad fact but true.
Personally I would prefer Williams but any car thats going to mix it at the front will do.

The Grumpy1.

Last edited by grumpy1; 7 Jun 2004 at 11:02.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 11:04 (Ref:996016)   #32
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ferrari could be a poinsoned chalice even with Schumacher not there. If he does well it may be the carry-over effect of years of the MS/Todt/Brawn input and if he doesn't do well, then the call will be for his head. Too soon in Webber's career as well. Straight to the top team in 4 years?

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 7 Jun 2004, 11:47 (Ref:996060)   #33
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Williams is most likely, could be Renault though.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 13:12 (Ref:996149)   #34
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i have no idea where he'll be next year...i'm just glad after reading the title of this thread that its about mark webber, not someone else.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 13:13 (Ref:996151)   #35
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good point KDR - the destination of Ralf has been done to death!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 14:09 (Ref:996229)   #36
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the Jaguar starts to improve, who knows, Mark may think hanging round for one more season could be worth a shot. It's a known fact he's enjoying his time there, despite the lack of concrete results, but I do believe the guy when he says he wants to get the best out of the car.

However...

If Williams were to come knocking, IMO Mark will be stupid not to jump at the opportunity. They have a reputation of excellence and of building cars more than capable of WDC/WCC. And given the whole 'Williams love hard-charging Aussies' reputation, it's a perfect fit.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 15:45 (Ref:996314)   #37
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"Too soon in Webber's career as well. Straight to the top team in 4 years?"

Well..JPM went straight into a top team for Williams. Kimi raced for top team Mclaren in his third year, and considering his whole racing career.. And further back, we have JV heading straight for Williams too..so 4 years isn't really too soon.

Only Ferrari seem to be the one who searches for experienced drivers of the top 3 teams.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 16:39 (Ref:996365)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber has got to be in a Williams....if he's offered the drive by Frank he must take it!

Jaguars future appears to be in doubt and I very much believe that they are going to be sold by Ford to Red Bull in the early future. HSBC are pulling out of sponsorship at the end of the year, Ford are losing patience.... It seems to point to disaster and I doubt Webber would want to stay around.

If he does, prepare for a career of mediocrity my Aussie friend!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 17:40 (Ref:996450)   #39
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With alot of teams looking to sign Mark there will be alot of money on the table. Will Williams pay up
Old 7 Jun 2004, 17:52 (Ref:996464)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, however much he costs, they'll still be paying out less if ralf leaves the team!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 18:01 (Ref:996475)   #41
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Well, however much he costs, they'll still be paying out less if ralf leaves the team!
Thats true. Who is Marks manager?
Old 7 Jun 2004, 18:03 (Ref:996478)   #42
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Perma tan Flav! He'll bump the price up I expect!
Old 7 Jun 2004, 18:29 (Ref:996500)   #43
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
Is Flav worth a few $$$$$$$ or what!!!!! But all jokes aside Flav could bring Mark to renault.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 18:38 (Ref:996511)   #44
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flavio wouldn't achieve much with both his drivers at Renault, one of their stock would go down ( I know 2 of his are there now and doing pretty well ). Webber must go to Williams, he's 27 now, this could be his last chance
Old 7 Jun 2004, 20:42 (Ref:996640)   #45
grumpy1
Veteran

The front runners for Marks services at the moment are Toyota and Ferrari.Being the sort of person Mark is he will honour a hand shake deal(if one has been done)with Williams.He did speak with Sir frank in the presance of Flav after Sepang.We should all know at the end of August officially.

The Grumpy1
Old 7 Jun 2004, 21:35 (Ref:996677)   #46
Kicking-back
Veteran

People suggesting Webber to Ferrari are dreaming.

MS and Rubens are already confirmed.
Old 7 Jun 2004, 23:39 (Ref:996784)   #47
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At Williams with David Coulthard
Old 8 Jun 2004, 10:33 (Ref:997090)   #48
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think he'd do well at Williams as he fits the typical personality of the guys who've done especially well relative to their ability there (Mansell, Jones, Rosberg and Hill for example). Frank doesn't usually like to splash out huge amounts for drivers, but BMW may foot the bill,a dn I guess Sam Michael would love to have a compatriot there.
Old 9 Jun 2004, 03:28 (Ref:998010)   #49
grumpy1
Veteran

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kicking-back
[B]People suggesting Webber to Ferrari are dreaming.

I put to this forum what was presented to me by a very reliable source as to the possible location of Mr Webber next season.The teams nominated have all spoken to Marks management and that does not and will not include Renault.
As I've already stated Mark is hot property so Flav will sell his services to the highest bidder.I am not suggesting where he will end up just informing you all with whom his management have spoken.
As to where he will be next year and who his partner will be you will all have to wait until the end of August but I will say this you will be pleasently surprised by both announcements.

The Grumpy1
Old 9 Jun 2004, 16:44 (Ref:998646)   #50
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber will drive the Playstation sponsored Toyota alongside Ralf Schumacher.

-Jamie Hyneman