Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 8 Jan 2002, 15:33 (Ref:195499)   #26
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it appears that this might very well not happen after all. Read that if they cannot find a sponsor for the car, it won't happen. Finding sponsorship in the present economical climate is not going to be easy. Established teams are finding it difficult, so a one off race, with a untried and unproven driver might be just a little bit harder yet to find sponsorship for. Read it on Jayski's.
Gotta go, see ya'll later.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 16:21 (Ref:195510)   #27
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lee, I would bet that Ganassi finds sponsorship for his car somehow. At any rate, Kenny will earn every penny he makes if he can qualify and finish the race without wrecking. I can just imagine how he will feel the first time he gets sandwiched in between two packs of cars. He will wish that he was driving one of those computer-scooters then. Maybe Ganassi can find him a very appropriate sponsor--Fruit of the Looms!

Last edited by Joe Fan; 8 Jan 2002 at 16:25.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 17:20 (Ref:195558)   #28
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Fan
Beer Baron, I don't think NASCAR is affiliated with FIA. They used to be back in the 70's but I don't think they are any longer. If anyone is 100% sure one way or the other, please speak up.
Believe it or not, it looks like there is still a connection! The affiliation may be more of a technicality (for legal reasons?) than it is of practical use, and I'm guessing that France, et. al. probably have the same view of the FIA as previously.

Quote:
The Automobile Competition Committee for the United States (ACCUS) is recognized by the FIA as the National Sporting Authority (ASN) for the United States. ACCUS is in turn composed of representatives of its eight member clubs and a number of individuals. The member clubs of ACCUS are:
Championship Auto Racing Teams, Inc. (CART)
Grand American Road Racing Association (GRAND-AM)
Indy Racing League (IRL)
National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR)
National Hot Rod Association, Inc. (NHRA)
Professional Sports Car Racing, Inc. (SPORTS CAR)
Sports Car Club of America, Inc. (SCCA), and
United States Auto Club, Inc. (USAC)
This is from the Sports Car rulebook, copyrighted 2001, so I have to believe that this list is reasonably up to date. At the least, Nascar was still a member after the IRL was formed.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 01:11 (Ref:195832)   #29
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lee, Swedish women aren't a dime a dozen, naturally beatiful without make-up and have overflowing REAL blonde hair!
Old 9 Jan 2002, 01:13 (Ref:195834)   #30
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Emfa:

I do remember reading a few years back that NASCAR had ties with the FIA, don't think that the FIA will jump in and regulate any part of NASCAR!
Old 9 Jan 2002, 03:40 (Ref:195861)   #31
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Beer Baron
Lee, Swedish women aren't a dime a dozen, naturally beatiful without make-up and have overflowing REAL blonde hair!
So your saying the carpet matches the curtains?
Old 9 Jan 2002, 04:44 (Ref:195871)   #32
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heard THAT one before!

Just don't let BB tell his curtains joke! *G*
Old 9 Jan 2002, 14:31 (Ref:195999)   #33
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
NACSAR must have ties witht he FIA if they want to race outside America. The FIA has so much power over worldwide autoracing it is incredible.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 15:08 (Ref:196016)   #34
Lee
Racer

Beer Baron,

I meant that women that hang around the pits, in general, regardless of where their from, are a dime a dozen, again Rosey, I'm talking about the pit lizzards, bot the female fans.

KC,

According to NASCAR, they aren't intrested in racing outside the United States. They ran those exibitions in Japan a few years ago, but they were just that, exibitions. They were not not ever desiring to add Japan to the Winston Cup Series. They have also stated that they have no plans to run at the tracks in Germany or England. If indeed they are still affiliated with the FIA, through JACCUS, it probally involve little more than having their name on a piece of paper. FIA certianlly doesn't call any shots or attemp to regulate anything with regards to NASCAR, if they did, NASCAR would tell them to go F*** themselves. ALL decisions, and regulations concerning NASCAR come out of the offices of Daytona Beach.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 18:17 (Ref:196134)   #35
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Lars
So your saying the carpet matches the curtains?
Their hair is so blond naturally that the curtains must match

Lee, I'm glad one of the mods here said that about the FIA, 'cos I would've...
Old 9 Jan 2002, 19:03 (Ref:196173)   #36
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No doubt about who calls the shots. I was only stating that if they wanted to race outside the US, then they must deal with the FIA as they control 99% of the auto racing in the world. The FIA has no control over any sanctioning body in the US. The people running NASCAR are far from dumb and know this. Should a marketting advantage arise from holding a race say at Rockingham UK, they would need permission from the FIA to hold the race, televise the race and underwrite the race. Thats how they work. They can't force NASCAR to do anything, but they can sanction the track and effectively destroy it. The only sanctioning body that has fought off the FIA is the ACO, sanctioning body of the 24 Hours of LeMans. NASCAR only has an agreement with the FIA because it is expedient to do at this time.
Old 9 Jan 2002, 19:10 (Ref:196178)   #37
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Even the ACO has let FIA safety inspectors in after the accidents of 1999. abd the FIA made sure all F1 stars were in Canada when LeMans was on!
Old 9 Jan 2002, 19:41 (Ref:196191)   #38
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
KC,

According to NASCAR, they aren't intrested in racing outside the United States. They ran those exibitions in Japan a few years ago, but they were just that, exibitions. They were not not ever desiring to add Japan to the Winston Cup Series. They have also stated that they have no plans to run at the tracks in Germany or England. If indeed they are still affiliated with the FIA, through JACCUS, it probally involve little more than having their name on a piece of paper. FIA certianlly doesn't call any shots or attemp to regulate anything with regards to NASCAR, if they did, NASCAR would tell them to go F*** themselves. ALL decisions, and regulations concerning NASCAR come out of the offices of Daytona Beach.
Lee, I have heard the contrary. I have heard that NASCAR is looking into racing outside of the US, however, it won't be Winston Cup for sure. Please note that the Winston West series did run a race that was not an exhibition in September 1999. See this link for the article: http://www.racingwest.com/news/story.php3/189/

However, the real problem is creating enough interest outside the US to warrant the expense of travelling there. NASCAR likes money and they would race outside the US faster than you can say "Hi Hitler" if they felt that there was some money to be made there.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 9 Jan 2002 at 19:43.
Old 10 Jan 2002, 00:56 (Ref:196357)   #39
Lee
Racer

Joe Fan,

I knew about the Winston West race, but it was pretty much a flop in Japan, few if any of the Winston Cup stars made the trip. Had they, as the exibition shown, they would have gotten enough of a crowd to justify the expense, but without the big names, the race didn't do well, and was dropped. Don't get me wrong. I like the Winston West races. Some good drivers there, especially to old man, Hershal McGriff, but they aren't a big enough draw to do well outside their area. Very few people know them. Kind of like a cart race in the States, very few American fans know who the drivers are, and don't attend the races cause they can't identify with them, just like the Winston West races in Japan, nobody knew who they were, couldn't identify with them, and they didn't go to the race.

About the only thing that NASCAR might eventually want to run overseas, that I can see, is their road-racing series.
Old 10 Jan 2002, 05:48 (Ref:196399)   #40
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Their hair is so blond naturally that the curtains must match
You mean the carpet must match...the hair is the curtains...lol.

rosie...I remember hearing that before too when Chica used that line to describe herself...lmao.

BB told me the curtain joke too...ROTF!!!

Last edited by Lars; 10 Jan 2002 at 05:49.
Old 10 Jan 2002, 17:39 (Ref:196639)   #41
The Beer Baron
Veteran

Quote:

You mean the carpet must match...the hair is the curtains...lol.

rosie...I remember hearing that before too when Chica used that line to describe herself...lmao.

If I remember correctly it was Rosie who accused her of dyeing her hair!

Quote:

BB told me the curtain joke too...ROTF!!!
And a classic it is too
Old 10 Jan 2002, 17:57 (Ref:196648)   #42
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If I remember correctly it was Rosie who accused her of dyeing her hair!
Yep- You's right. I told her that I couldn't read her mind, because the hair dye blocked my vision! LOL. I can come up with some ****- can't I ?!?!

Back to racing. Does Brack get to test along beside the rest of these boys? Any more news on him getting a sponsor?
Old 10 Jan 2002, 21:37 (Ref:196776)   #43
Joe Fan
Veteran

Lee, I think the Catch-22 with NASCAR racing outside of the US is that the teams which can afford to do so with personnel and money are in Winston Cup and there is too much demand for Cup races here.