Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 2 Oct 2008, 12:59 (Ref:2302772)   #26
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
But are we really sure that the races won't be on one of the main channels though?
No-ones sure of anything and the DS mole has admitted he doesn't know everything about the coverage and some things he can't say.

However, I'm sorry to say I really don't imagine GP2 is going to be a massive draw for the Beeb and I really don't expect them to put it on a proper channel.

And don't forget they've got to find room for MotoGP around the schedule too.

Also, I can't be bothered looking up the details now but the Interactive service might be different on Freeview as well, although that may be that the race only is different.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 13:53 (Ref:2302800)   #27
ivanalesi
Veteran

Bulgaria
ivanalesi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Btw, does anyone know if you receive free F.BMW coverage with F1/GP2 TV rights? If not, how much do you reckon it costs for the UK or any other country?
Old 2 Oct 2008, 15:16 (Ref:2302840)   #28
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably not free but quite possibly very cheap.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 22:00 (Ref:2303095)   #29
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It comes for free as far as I know.
Old 2 Oct 2008, 22:21 (Ref:2303107)   #30
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_For_Pole
It comes for free as far as I know.
No it's not free, only GP2 comes as an option with F1 I believe. A month or two ago I asked a another source of information on the digital spy forum how much it costs for the other F1 supports to be shown live, he didn't give specific numbers but said that they are actually not cheap, he mentioned especially the Porsche Supercup.

What is cheap though is the FOM highlights of the supports, this is supported by the fact that budgetTV (or MotorsTV, as it officially known) can afford to show them.

(Sorry if my memory and grammar are poor in this post, I've been up for too many hours... )
Old 3 Oct 2008, 20:06 (Ref:2303649)   #31
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Somehow I missed "for Greece". For us it the three series (i have no clue about Porsches) come as a single package but still you will not see F.BMW screened
Old 4 Oct 2008, 23:43 (Ref:2304410)   #32
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Situation for SouthAmericans (except Brazilians) is not easy... We highly depend on the presence of a local driver to see the series, if not... we only could see highlights in generic motorsport programs.
Old 8 May 2009, 19:52 (Ref:2458197)   #33
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At least for Spanish-Speaking countries, the situation is clear.
In Spain, GP2 will be shown at PopularTV, despite La Sexta (now F1 broadcasters) will show at least the series this Sunday.
In Latin America, it seems the presence of Pastor Maldonado assured that I could show it by Fox Sports LA as usual.

About coverage in England, it's only by Setanta Sports, or actually BBCi will show it too???
Old 8 May 2009, 22:27 (Ref:2458293)   #34
Adri_tifosi
Veteran

Spain
Jerez
Adri_tifosi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In Spain TV3 also will show the GP2 but in Catalan.
Old 8 May 2009, 22:46 (Ref:2458299)   #35
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
About coverage in England, it's only by Setanta Sports, or actually BBCi will show it too???
Only Setanta as far as I'm aware?? A sad situation
Old 9 May 2009, 09:32 (Ref:2458441)   #36
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
R you on Sky or Virgin Media Jon? AFAIK (am on Sky unf) Virgin doesn't charge extra 10 quid for Setanta?! At least I know we can watch GP2's best season in history.
Old 9 May 2009, 10:11 (Ref:2458455)   #37
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
R you on Sky or Virgin Media Jon? AFAIK (am on Sky unf) Virgin doesn't charge extra 10 quid for Setanta?! At least I know we can watch GP2's best season in history.
Are you saying you can get Setanta for free on Virgin?
Old 9 May 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2458470)   #38
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If your on one of the higher packages on Virgin Media you get Setanta free, yes. I've got it free, I think we're on the XL package.

I wouldn't bother switching to Virgin Media just to get Setanta free though as, A) Virgin Media sucks, and B) Setanta might not survive till the end of the summer, so GP2 will probably end up going to British Eurosport or back to the BBC, who we believe have the rights to show it anyway...
Old 9 May 2009, 11:09 (Ref:2458484)   #39
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K View Post
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that, though I'm on Sky too. Can't possibly justify forking out for another sports channel when I'd only watch GP2 and Superleague Formula (if they still have it). Guess I'll have to get hold of delayed coverage by other means...

I thought the rumours the BBC would show all F1 support races on the red button were too good to be true.

And I'm amazed the teams are content for GP2 to only be seen by a select few paying customers in the UK.
Old 9 May 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2458530)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I've got Virgin and haven't got it free, but then I cancelled the 19 quid a month for sports channels as only really needed Eurosport.

However i've checked the 'ghost' listings for all channels and GP2 isn't even listed today on Setanta 1 or 2.
Old 9 May 2009, 13:36 (Ref:2458540)   #41
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't tell you how angry I am that we've lost coverage of GP2 from ITV4 this year.
Old 9 May 2009, 13:44 (Ref:2458544)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Is there any online feeds we can get onto at all?

I thought myp2p might show it but sadly not!!
Old 9 May 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2458551)   #43
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
This site will apparently be showing it: http://www.justin.tv/dimoni Fingers crossed...
Old 9 May 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2458554)   #44
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Top man!! I'm on to it righ.........

It's in Spanish but I can live with that....
Old 9 May 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2458555)   #45
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
yay! i wish i spoke spanish.....
Old 9 May 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2458556)   #46
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Erm......

Oh no.
Old 9 May 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2458557)   #47
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
This one working:
http://www.populartv.net/index.php/PopularTV/directo/
Old 9 May 2009, 14:01 (Ref:2458559)   #48
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Hero!
Old 9 May 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2458560)   #49
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
All thanks to another forum
Old 9 May 2009, 14:09 (Ref:2458565)   #50
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Careful now....

Where's Hulk gone??!!

Better get over to the main thread now guys!!!!

Tags
gp2