Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Nov 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1755386)   #26
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I went to a IMechE technical lecture from John Hilton a few weeks ago - Renault Enstone F1 Engine design cheif Engineer, ex cosworth and TWR.......he was saying only the engine internals are frozen, so thats everything inside the crank case - and everything inside the cam covers......BUT!.......everything else is still free to tinker with - like inlet systems, oil scavenge systems, water pumps etc, as these are considered servicable parts by the FIA - he reckons the FIA genuinley messed up here.......he reckons previously over a season they would see about 30bhp improvement from start to end.......he now thinks its only gonna be about 8bhp.....Hilton speculated at the presentation that renault may need to consider laying off staff due to the freeze regs........found out yesterday - they have made many engine design and development people at Renault-Enstone redundant........they are all now on gardening leave........the freeze regs have hit.

I was always under the impression the reason RBR wanted rid of Ferrari engines was they found out they were being purposley gived down-on-power engines......and they were surprised! - not me ........I bet Flavio will do the same - I know they are all homologated, but where there is a will - there is a way.......I honestly cant believe that RBR have not yet bought Cosworth - then they will truly get an unbiased engine supply.

The only reason Frank took on Toyota was by his own admission - "having a manufacturers name on the side of the car makes the sponsors flood in".......and he was right wasnt he!.......I doff my cap
Old 1 Nov 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1755400)   #27
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, finally someone who gets my point of view... above the clouds... clear skies Thanks knighty !!
Old 1 Nov 2006, 16:48 (Ref:1755433)   #28
chrisp2006
Racer

chrisp2006 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought there would be something in my suspicions
Old 1 Nov 2006, 19:42 (Ref:1755583)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Formula 1 rules are like a cheating woman, always leaves the backdoor unlocked.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1755588)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Family forum!
Old 1 Nov 2006, 19:46 (Ref:1755589)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Ok, locked.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1755788)   #32
Taz Q2
Racer

Australia
Bathurst & Emerald
Taz Q2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Formula 1 rules are like a cheating woman, always leaves the backdoor unlocked.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 02:54 (Ref:1755830)   #33
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Fomula 1 rules are like a cheating woman, always leaves the backdoor unlocked.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 09:53 (Ref:1756042)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given the interesting story Here is the RBR supply of engines from Mecachrome a possibility to be labelled Nissan rather than Renault?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 2 Nov 2006, 10:27 (Ref:1756067)   #35
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, I think it's the most logical solution for the problem. But it's sad for Cosworth, as it won't supply any team.
Old 5 Nov 2006, 23:23 (Ref:1758584)   #36
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull will take Renault to court if they don't get the same spec engines.

It's like NASCAR, a NASCAR team may supply another NASCAR teams with engines as a commericial arrangement, will make more funds for engine development, and a small profit. The NASCAR team will be beaten by the other NASCAR team some or all of the time, and they will be close and fair rivals on track. There is no reason to lose millions of dollars in compensation for not meeting the commericial agreement properly.

Red Bull and Renault will be fair competitors. Eventually in 08 season, RBR will win say 5 rounds of 9 and be in contention for titles and Renault will sneak one car onto the podium at Monaco (behind the winning Red Bull), and Renault with odd finsishes in the bottom of the points. This will be all okay and no problemo. See SBR, Triple 8... replace Monaco with Bathurst.
Old 5 Nov 2006, 23:52 (Ref:1758593)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
Red Bull will take Renault to court if they don't get the same spec engines.
I hope they really do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
Red Bull and Renault will be fair competitors. Eventually in 08 season, RBR will win say 5 rounds of 9 and be in contention for titles and Renault will sneak one car onto the podium at Monaco (behind the winning Red Bull), and Renault with odd finsishes in the bottom of the points. This will be all okay and no problemo. See SBR, Triple 8... replace Monaco with Bathurst.
We can always resurrect this thread to check if it really happened that way !
Old 6 Nov 2006, 00:14 (Ref:1758597)   #38
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Renault had no problems giving "Factory Spec" engines to the National French Team Ligier and having the pants whooped off them by Williams.

The only difference is if Renault sinks to that level they'd pull the plug and just supply engines again.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1758603)   #39
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I guess so, only that times are different now, and Renault has a lot to lose failing in F1, including turning into a small brand under Nissan.