Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Feb 2008, 12:07 (Ref:2124015)   #26
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Except they dont control/own a 2008 car licence... minor technicality I must admit
(I can't believe I'm gonna suggest this, but here goes....)

Isn't D'Alberto a customer of Uncle Tom? He will get a licence.
Old 8 Feb 2008, 12:10 (Ref:2124019)   #27
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
(I can't believe I'm gonna suggest this, but here goes....)

Isn't D'Alberto a customer of Uncle Tom? He will get a licence.
ooooohhhhh, cynic, cynic

In the wake of whats happened with the license, i can't see it happening
Old 8 Feb 2008, 17:01 (Ref:2124241)   #28
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
so that would mean Bargs misses out if D'Alberto gets one of their licences?
If both WPS franchises are on the market Max Wilson would surely be highly likely to miss out too....despite the drawing that was released to dispell these sale rumours
Old 8 Feb 2008, 22:12 (Ref:2124458)   #29
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
You would imgagine that unless a buyer was on the immediate horizon, then Max (and probably Bargs) would be on the grid at Clipsal at least - It would make more sense to present an underprepared car than pay the non-attendance fee.
Old 8 Feb 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2124468)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The timing of the WPS withdrawal is interesting.. had the team put their licences up for sale in say November... it is likely that an alleged TEGA resumption condition would be met if there were no buyers... and the licence holder would have no obligation to run the cars in 2008... allegedly...

As it stands, if the note went out yesterday, allegedly of course, there are 60 days to go until the team may be able to choose not to present cars at race meetings... allegedly.. unless there is some higher power (Hi TC!!) who can fandangle a deal....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Feb 2008, 01:58 (Ref:2124598)   #31
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
When did the WPS licences go on the market. 1st I've heard of it. Can someone give me the heads up please.
Old 9 Feb 2008, 08:47 (Ref:2124736)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thursday evening an email may or may not have arrived from the principals of that organisation, allegedly to the usual TEGA mailing list, stating that the 2008 car licences were on the market....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Feb 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2124804)   #33
Wood-duck
Racer

Wood-duck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
explains why the FPR chassis rumour has gone quiet...
Old 9 Feb 2008, 13:49 (Ref:2124900)   #34
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Assuming TD decide to run a car for Simon, can TEGA play hardball with them over their entry not having been recieved in time? Or are late entries ok? Or are they covered by the fact that RNR/D'Alberto entered the licence for them?

Also if they do run at Clipsal, it will show a vastly different attitude to car preparation to FPR/FRSR. Was FRSR's no-show at Clipsal dut to FPR telling them they couldn't get the car/team ready for them in time, or did FRSR ask that it not be done half-arsed? Thats not to suggest that a rushed TD entry at Clipsal WOULD be half-arsed - just shows that someone is taking a different approach to running in this series.

Good luck, Simon, if you get to go for it! (even if it IS in a Ford )
Old 9 Feb 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2124909)   #35
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is highly unlikely that FPR had a 3rd race/prep crew sitting in the lunchroom playing darts and reading AA and Ralph, waiting for the call.

Getting a crew together, in this economic climate is not as easy as many on the outside believe. In fact, it is common knowledge that many crews shrunk alarmingly in the off season (including FPR), with many seeking greener pastures elsewhere (less pressure, normal hours).

I'd also suggest FPR would be spending a little more time with their legal eagle before committing to a concrete contract, to ensure a repeat of TKR doesn't sting them again.

With regard to WPS, it really shows how easy Champ Car is and how difficult V8 Supercars is when the same group succeeds in one and struggles in the other.

The writing has been on the wall for this team for sometime (ironic if you sit in the foyer), when a very wealthy owner refuses to simply write a cheque to push his team further up the grid. I salute Craig Gore for his investment in V8's and it will be a less colorful place without him if reports on there are accurate.
Old 9 Feb 2008, 15:06 (Ref:2124922)   #36
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where's bazil?????
Old 9 Feb 2008, 21:46 (Ref:2125156)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Assuming TD decide to run a car for Simon, can TEGA play hardball with them over their entry not having been recieved in time? Or are late entries ok? Or are they covered by the fact that RNR/D'Alberto entered the licence for them?

Also if they do run at Clipsal, it will show a vastly different attitude to car preparation to FPR/FRSR. Was FRSR's no-show at Clipsal dut to FPR telling them they couldn't get the car/team ready for them in time, or did FRSR ask that it not be done half-arsed? Thats not to suggest that a rushed TD entry at Clipsal WOULD be half-arsed - just shows that someone is taking a different approach to running in this series.

Good luck, Simon, if you get to go for it! (even if it IS in a Ford )
Mr Nash is more than likely to have entered the #55 2008 car licence for Adelaide, for Mr D'Alberto... so the entry should have been received in time.

The question then goes to whether Mr Nash's replacement 2008 car licence (ex-WPS, ex-Perkins, ex-PWR.. etc) has confirmed an Adelaide entry...

The FRSR thing is a long drawn out saga that needed a significant sponsorship to get it over the line... allegedly plans were made without this in place... and allegedly the FPR equipe was giving them deadlines to commit, to be able to front a car for Adelaide... and the FRSR people extended and extended the deadlines... allegedly... with the influence of Ford... allegedly.. for reasons that make no sense at all... allegedly....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Feb 2008, 22:37 (Ref:2125202)   #38
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cant agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester

With regard to WPS, it really shows how easy Champ Car is and how difficult V8 Supercars is when the same group succeeds in one and struggles in the other.

The writing has been on the wall for this team for sometime (ironic if you sit in the foyer), when a very wealthy owner refuses to simply write a cheque to push his team further up the grid. I salute Craig Gore for his investment in V8's and it will be a less colorful place without him if reports on there are accurate.
To suggest the V8 team can be compared with the Walker team, the results compared & the conclusion drawn davester doesnt sit well with me.

Can I suggest the actions of Gore alienating the Ford factory have reached their natural conclusion. However, I too will be sorry if WPS disappear from scene.
Old 9 Feb 2008, 22:51 (Ref:2125212)   #39
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
To suggest the V8 team can be compared with the Walker team, the results compared & the conclusion drawn davester doesnt sit well with me.

Can I suggest the actions of Gore alienating the Ford factory have reached their natural conclusion. However, I too will be sorry if WPS disappear from scene.
Have to agree. Gore sponsors a successfull Champcar team leaving the running of the team to the experts (Walker), hence the results. While Gore has tried to run the V8 team himself.

I hope that Gore doesn't disappear from the sport as he is a great character. Maybe he should sell up and redirect his money into naming rights sponsor of HSVDT or SBR. I'm sure the results would be better value for money.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 02:28 (Ref:2125323)   #40
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester
It is highly unlikely that FPR had a 3rd race/prep crew sitting in the lunchroom playing darts and reading AA and Ralph, waiting for the call.

Getting a crew together, in this economic climate is not as easy as many on the outside believe. In fact, it is common knowledge that many crews shrunk alarmingly in the off season (including FPR), with many seeking greener pastures elsewhere (less pressure, normal hours).

And yet we seem to think Dynamik will manage to do get a crew together, if that is what they decide to do....
Old 10 Feb 2008, 02:33 (Ref:2125324)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
And yet we seem to think Dynamik will manage to do get a crew together, if that is what they decide to do....
A crew is already in place... they looked after Mr Petch's development series car last year, and later on the Verdnik unit... there are people in place on a full time basis engineering other cars (such as the VX to VZ conversion of Mr Russell's Commodore..)

Only real question is one of operating budget
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Feb 2008, 02:57 (Ref:2125339)   #42
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Do the team that are in place have any experience running a BF Falcon, as has been suggested TD would run? Does it matter? ie are they similar enough that it won't be a problem?
Old 10 Feb 2008, 03:23 (Ref:2125351)   #43
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA
I hope that Gore doesn't disappear from the sport as he is a great character. Maybe he should sell up and redirect his money into naming rights sponsor of HSVDT or SBR. I'm sure the results would be better value for money.
He may not be the most likable character but i won't knock anyone who has invested in the sport and it would be a shame to see him go.

Everyone always has a whinge when teams steal each others tech staff/sponsors/etc yet when it comes to light that someone like Gore is going to leave the sport and the suggestion of maybe just sponsoring a team instead of running one, why do people always suggest giving their money to reasonably rich teams that don't really need it.

Why not sponsor TKR or maybe a two car PCR or TDR.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 04:40 (Ref:2125382)   #44
Driver TBA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman16
why do people always suggest giving their money to reasonably rich teams that don't really need it.

Why not sponsor TKR or maybe a two car PCR or TDR.
It depends if you want your brand name winning or finishing 20th?

I'm pretty sure Gore would be sick of finishing 20th by now.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 04:47 (Ref:2125389)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Do the team that are in place have any experience running a BF Falcon, as has been suggested TD would run? Does it matter? ie are they similar enough that it won't be a problem?
They are similar but not the same... there is likely as much difference between a Perkins Commodore and an HRT Commodore as there is between a Holden and a Ford

If an ex-Team BOC or ex-PCR chassis shows up in the Dynamik workshop... presumably it shall come equipped with set up sheets... if not... it might have someone with a thousand springs helping out.. someone who knows about Fords and Holdens
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Feb 2008, 04:54 (Ref:2125392)   #46
Driver TBA
Veteran

Quote:
If an ex-Team BOC or ex-PCR chassis shows up in the Dynamik workshop... presumably it shall come equipped with set up sheets... if not... it might have someone with a thousand springs helping out.. someone who knows about Fords and Holdens
Will Simon sticker the car himself or will he use his fathers special paint?
Old 10 Feb 2008, 05:45 (Ref:2125413)   #47
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Isn't the 'man of a thousand springs' no1 technical guru at GRM?

A BJR car may well come with set-up sheets, but as we know the BJR set-ups are crap. And with a minimal budget and the same driver who already tried to improve the rubbish car at a team with more budget and resources, ?probably fitted with older non-SBR engines from a shed somewhere?, it's unlikely they will get the car going any faster surely?
Old 10 Feb 2008, 10:21 (Ref:2125602)   #48
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Presuming of course that TEGA accept TD as suitable people to hold a Licence Agreement.

Given the team history of being caught red handed in the biggest cheating scandal of quite some time, I would think that there would be no guarantee that TEGA will permit the transfer within the TEGA system, which is what gives an owner the right to race.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2125674)   #49
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it will be bf falcon, simon gave a massive clue away in v8c a few weeks back. it will be a bf mainly black falcon sponsored by some plumbing mob. not a bad livery either.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 13:05 (Ref:2125687)   #50
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer
Presuming of course that TEGA accept TD as suitable people to hold a Licence Agreement.

Given the team history of being caught red handed in the biggest cheating scandal of quite some time, I would think that there would be no guarantee that TEGA will permit the transfer within the TEGA system, which is what gives an owner the right to race.
Well they let them run an old VY in last year's Clipsal 500 development race, and they are a helpful car preparer, supporting a small proportion of the development series field with parts etc. so I can't see why not?