Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 22 Nov 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1772575)   #26
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The euro trip is just hanging on the improvements to be made at Zolder. If they don't want to improve the parts that were mentioned by Cotman they will not go to Zolder.

If Zolder doesn't get the green light it's either a quick search for another track (Hockenheim, Bugatti?) or a no-go for Europe in 2007.
Old 22 Nov 2006, 23:54 (Ref:1772682)   #27
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
a quick search for another track (Hockenheim...

I know Bernie would never let it happen, but since Hockenheim and the ring are sharing the GP, why not also share CCWS?
Old 23 Nov 2006, 01:37 (Ref:1772718)   #28
NoGuts-NoGlory
Rookie

Canada
Canada
NoGuts-NoGlory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novice
I have checked the CCWS website and it looks like they are not venturing across the pond next year. Hope I am wrong and that they have just not updated their calender.
For those that still think Champcar is not coming to Europe in 2007 i suggest you reconsider. The "W" in CCWS stands for "World" and Champcar is predominantly made up of European drivers the last time I checked! KK business model is to expand the series into the European market and is high up on the list of his and CC's priorities.

Listen to Tony's Cotman's message he sent to CCWS track worker's today:

Quote:
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
TONY COTMAN'S THANKSGIVING MESSAGE
Hey everyone:

Another successful Champ Car season has passed. A great season of racing, with first time winners, an exciting rookie contest, and a three-time champion.

The season could not be successful without the contributions of you all. I understand the time, dedication, demands and hard work which goes into supporting the Champ Car World Series. We could not race at such a high level without all of you working as part of the Champ Car family, and for that I say a huge thank you to each and every one of you.

Next year we will be venturing back to Europe for two races. This is an important market -because as you all know, we have a lot of European drivers participating in our series. There is nothing like driving in front of your home fans! As Champ Car continues to grow and look to the future, with the introduction of the Panoz DP01 in 2007, look for closer racing and more excitement (which makes all our jobs tougher) than ever. I hope you all will continue to be a part of it as we together keep improving our racing and raise the excitement level for everyone.

Be safe over the holidays, enjoy them, and I look forward to seeing you all next season!

All the best,

Tony Cotman

Doesn't sound to me like Europe is not in the cards for CCWS next year and in fact just the opposite whereby he Cotman actually emphasized this fact even though he could have chosen to talk about other things.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 09:01 (Ref:1772887)   #29
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My take on the subject is that although Champ car is very keen to expand in Europe they might give up on it this year and start from 2008 with Assen and Athens.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1772900)   #30
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one would love to see them back in Europe but am sceptical. They came to England in 2003 on a 5 year deal and have not been back because of the rising costs in moving everything across. I dont want to sound negative but until they publish their calender we can only hope.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 13:15 (Ref:1773202)   #31
coyote9999
Racer

Canada
Montreal, Canada
coyote9999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They already are moving across for other venues. I believe if they add two races this year that they will add another two races next year to cover the European market. With the number of french drivers in the series France seems an excellent option.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 21:06 (Ref:1773504)   #32
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to believe that the gap between Denver, August 19; and Austrailia, October 21 (2 months); was placed there as a window of opportunity not an oversight. Champ Car must be working on something that they are not yet willing to disclose. Can't wait to see what they have in mind although I suspect Europe is the best bet.
Old 23 Nov 2006, 21:22 (Ref:1773516)   #33
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatspot
I have to believe that the gap between Denver, August 19; and Austrailia, October 21 (2 months); was placed there as a window of opportunity not an oversight. Champ Car must be working on something that they are not yet willing to disclose.
If I were working on something that I was not willing to disclose & the company I was dealing with leaked it then I would probably call the whole thing off & take my party elsewhere.
Old 24 Nov 2006, 05:12 (Ref:1773687)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or use it to get a better deal?
Old 24 Nov 2006, 16:32 (Ref:1774171)   #35
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
while the talent field i think is very much improved and getting better all the time in CC, getting good track like Zolder is certainly good for the series- if they can keep it...
i would get introuble i think if i brought up unity, but Whiskey Tango Foxtrot- what is the deal?
Old 25 Nov 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1774877)   #36
norman-normal
Veteran

norman-normal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As posted before, if the Europe leg doesn't doesn't jell, then it's Miller Motor sports Park to fill in the gap. Not a bad alternative.
Old 25 Nov 2006, 21:15 (Ref:1774907)   #37
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
That would put Denver and Salt Lake City very close together but you're right it would be a great alternative. I drove it yesterday. What a hoot ! You should make your way back toward SLC Norman and give her a go.
Old 25 Nov 2006, 23:51 (Ref:1774966)   #38
norman-normal
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatspot
That would put Denver and Salt Lake City very close together but you're right it would be a great alternative. I drove it yesterday. What a hoot ! You should make your way back toward SLC Norman and give her a go.
Sounds great, I imagine they have a fee and some requirements (no roll bar I hope) I would really like to do that. Traffic is so heavy now, not like the days when we used to rip up a two lane Parleys and then down Emigration canyons.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1775317)   #39
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City

I'll PM you with particulars on how to access the track this afternoon (requirements etc.).

Now we have completely hijacked this thread we should probably let it get back on track.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 16:50 (Ref:1775321)   #40
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman-normal
if the Europe leg doesn't doesn't jell, then it's Miller Motor sports Park
I wouldn't mind that, I just get fed up with half arsed announcements "we might" "we hope to" "subject to XYZ" - Just announce your calender when you've got it sorted!
Old 26 Nov 2006, 17:08 (Ref:1775329)   #41
norman-normal
Veteran

We are just lucky that CCWS is not the CIA; in that case they would not confirm, deny or even acknowledge .
Old 3 Dec 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1781060)   #42
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Assen already confirmed for 2007? Cant find on http://www.champcarworldseries.com/E....asp?Year=2007 but there is a DSC race scheduled in the Champcar event for 2007 http://www.supercarchallenge.nl/events.php?menuID=4
Old 3 Dec 2006, 19:29 (Ref:1781076)   #43
kootje
Rookie

Netherlands
Apeldoorn , Holland
kootje should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ticket sale ?

At http://217.26.114.188/ticket4/superi...me.php?id=3825 is this trustworthy? i don't no....

Grtz Kootje
Old 3 Dec 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1781109)   #44
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is the Ticketpoint.nl website and will be used for ChampCar Grand Prix ticket sales, so it can be trusted. But better type ticketpoint.nl instead of the DNS

Just wait until the date is confirmed, you might find other (better?) offers online.
Old 8 Dec 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1785355)   #45
kootje
Rookie

Netherlands
Apeldoorn , Holland
kootje should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confirmed!?

According www.champcar.nl the race at Assen is confirmed
They will make it official after the second Race is a go! Zolder is no.1 but
other circuits are knocking on the door...

Grtz Kootje
Old 8 Dec 2006, 20:25 (Ref:1785357)   #46
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
And ChampCar.nl got that information from the organisers of the race.
A press release from Champ Car Europe b.v was sent out today.

No official statement from the US yet.
Old 11 Jan 2007, 13:22 (Ref:1812310)   #47
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Champcar will make official anouncement re. Zolder and Assen next week.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 11:25 (Ref:1813146)   #48
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, according to champcar.nl, the Zolder race was in jeopardy because of the first chicane being to fast, giving the possibility to launch the champcars over the hill. Zolder then got the race after promising to redesign that chicane.
official Champcar site does not confirm anything yet, we have yet to receive any official news about it

now I found these pictures:
http://www.racingworld.be/nieuws/397...e-Chicane.html

they are adjusting the first chicane, making it tighter.
I think we can safely say, the race will indeed be officialy announced soon
Old 12 Jan 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1813452)   #49
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for the ever present news guys.
Old 12 Jan 2007, 17:14 (Ref:1813471)   #50
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, that is the nice thing in this $*#'* country. Change a wonderful gutsy drivers corner into a dreadfull yawning contraption because of safety concerns.

Change the new boring corner into something else again afterwards. Why bother anyhow.

Didn't I tell them that the new corner was designed wrong? Did they believe me?

Okay, I'll get my coat.