Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1845851)   #26
Mr_Cool
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Mr_Cool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This just gives ford people all the more reason to have a whinge at holden and there 2 leading teams, Let's not go into DJR rolling at Phillip Island and discovering illegal parts now.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:16 (Ref:1845865)   #27
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
48 Hours to provide the correct paperwork? One would have thought HRT and Toll would have taken the correct paperwork with them to the meeting
There will be some busy little solicitors working out Clayton way today

Last edited by billy bigtime; 19 Feb 2007 at 22:18.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:22 (Ref:1845868)   #28
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVO
Good to see some of Seto's famous "good luck" has rubbed off on Team Red already!
You two-faced sod! This is the happiest you have been since the Seton to Holden announcement (something that was confirmed back in October), and if it had gone ahead, then your idol, Seton, wouldn't have had a drive in the enduros.

Some of us are beginning to wonder where your head is really at
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:29 (Ref:1845875)   #29
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope they are out for the season, hehe maybe thats just my ford streak coming out.

No Seriously, I think a 2 lap down penalty is fine.

Teach Skaifey, Old Man Kelly and Uncle Tommy a lesson.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:33 (Ref:1845880)   #30
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to note, that in the article by Paul Grover on Fox Sports and in Herald Sun, it states that MS was at the meeting yesterday, which I take was in Sydney when reading the article.

Was just told that MS was at Winton all day yesterday. So unless I'm reading the article wrong or something, this whole thing is starting to sound a bit rediculous.......
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:41 (Ref:1845885)   #31
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What great news! and thankyou Seto......I knew you wouldn't let us down!
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:44 (Ref:1845887)   #32
barney551
Veteran

barney551 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur
Interesting to note, that in the article by Paul Grover on Fox Sports and in Herald Sun, it states that MS was at the meeting yesterday, which I take was in Sydney when reading the article.

Was just told that MS was at Winton all day yesterday. So unless I'm reading the article wrong or something, this whole thing is starting to sound a bit rediculous.......
I believe i read on another thread that MS wasnt there yesterday ... but will be there today.

HRT and Toll were there though
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:44 (Ref:1845890)   #33
hail
Rookie

hail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase3
Calm down mate, untwist your Panties!

We all know it's not happening, but the casual holden fan who doesn't browse forums all day doesn't, all they've heard is HRT and Toll have been kicked out from the Sunrise News bulletin, hence they won't be happy little holden fans as the trudge off to work thinking the team they support won't be racing this year....... sheesh!
Untwist your own Undies mate, I'm just stating my view! GFY
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:45 (Ref:1845892)   #34
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur

I just read the same article Dinosaur, and it seems a lil fishy to me. How can Skaifey test all day in Victoria nd then catch a flight to Sydney to this 'hearing' is a lil bit susspect.

One has to wonder now who EXACTLY owns these teams and me think Uncle Tommy should be banned from any type of motorsport in Australia. Agree?
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:50 (Ref:1845897)   #35
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by venturi
So if they have been waiting 12 months for clarification , does that mean if they have been in breach of the rules for that whole 12 months and so would be deemed to have an illegal entry for 2006 for both teams , thus making Triple 8 and Lowndes 2006 champions
Yes, that makes them illegal for the whole 2006 season as the paperwork wasn't supplied. So hand the crown to the real champ......Lowndes.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:54 (Ref:1845899)   #36
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
Yes, that makes them illegal for the whole 2006 season as the paperwork wasn't supplied. So hand the crown to the real champ......Lowndes.
So can we expect to see the no 1 badge go to 888?
Old 19 Feb 2007, 22:59 (Ref:1845901)   #37
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Dynamik got a 1 lap penalty for the following 2 rounds for illegally testing.

And from what we can gather from the info on the Fox Sports and Telegraph websites, HRT and HSVDT were illegally racing for the whole of the year, because one owner cant own 2 teams.
What penalty do they get?
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:09 (Ref:1845910)   #38
vxfan
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
vxfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see some comments from Ford fans rejoicing in the thought of having these 4 cars out of the comp.
Are u the same guys who thought Rick Kelly's win was a hollow one?How hollow would a Ford win this season be without the 4 fastest Holden cars competing eh?
Oh,the hypocrisy!
Cheers,
Tony.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:10 (Ref:1845912)   #39
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxfan
Interesting to see some comments from Ford fans rejoicing in the thought of having these 4 cars out of the comp.
Are u the same guys who thought Rick Kelly's win was a hollow one?How hollow would a Ford win this season be without the 4 fastest Holden cars competing eh?
Oh,the hypocrisy!
Cheers,
Tony.
Yep I am one! And plus a Ford win wouldnt be hollow either. I take it ur a holdan fan vxfan?
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:17 (Ref:1845917)   #40
STEVO
Veteran

STEVO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
You two-faced sod! This is the happiest you have been since the Seton to Holden announcement (something that was confirmed back in October), and if it had gone ahead, then your idol, Seton, wouldn't have had a drive in the enduros.

Some of us are beginning to wonder where your head is really at
Shush you!

I don't know where my head is at the moment, the pills the doctor gave me have been making me loopy the past few days. And don't turn this around on me mate!

Two-faced sod indeed. . . who me?
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:25 (Ref:1845920)   #41
Sequel
Racer

Sequel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So asuming that Toll & HRT aren't in posession of licences for the next 48 hours, then they are not entered in the championship or subject to the contract/agreement, and are no longer bound by testing restrictions? 10 instead of 6 car days testing (2 extra days x 2 extra cars), very handy!
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:26 (Ref:1845921)   #42
A9X05
Racer

A9X05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
A PR stunt if ever there was one.

Isn't there only a couple weeks till Adelaide? Whos excited?

V8 Supercars is as much about drama as it is racing.

That this was made public proves it is a stunt.
Like all things in V8 land just one big fabrication to create interest just days, before the year starts! (YAWN!)
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:27 (Ref:1845922)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This story was also on the 8am edition of Radio 2UE... and it wasnt a regurgitation of Mr Kershler's story...

Good on TEGA for making a stand, I mean its only been a problem since 2003
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:41 (Ref:1845927)   #44
just asking
Rookie

just asking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This story is not new to those in the know.....Its has been circulating for about a month that Tom and red land were in a bit or strife.
While TEGA have flexed their muscles, and probably with due cause, do you think that the major players, especially HRT, would really be excluded from the championship??
Think about the money that HOLDEN tip into the V8 supercar circus. Imagine what would happen if they decided/threatened to withdraw that financial support?
I think that would have T.C running scared.....so i think than an amicable agreement will be reached.
Some might say "Whats the point of having rules if there not going to be enforced?"....not a bad point....but sometimes, you have to reach an outcome, that serves tha greater good of the sport......MO only....
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:44 (Ref:1845930)   #45
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we look at the bigger picture of this?

Someone mentioned unhappy sponsors - Try HOLDEN?

IF they lose their FACTORY team, it gives them two options -

1) Pour more money into JDR, GRM and other Holden teams, or

2) Out of protest, and 100% within their rights, they supply no more manufacturer support AT ALL to the V8 Supercar series, making all Holden teams pay for parts, etc, possibly causing the collapse of V8 Supercar as a supported 2 car category.

TEGA are playing a VERY dangerous game of Bluff that could backfire horrendously, or could rectify the shambles that has ultimately come about through TW's greed.

Now, I have to point out, I am an HRT supported from way back when they weren't the "evil empire", and have always thought since Murph took his K-Mart money and got himself some HRT hand-me-downs that this was a very screwey situation.

I do not in ANY way think it's right, and am REALLY hoping that last year it was fixed, with Kelly REALLY owning HSVDT and Skaife REALLY owning HRT. If tW is smart, he'll butt out of the running of these teams and concetrate on running his customer business form here on in...

But before you all start asking for this to fall apart, think about the longer term issues that could arise from the demise of these two teams.

Don't forget this - those teams go, you risk losing a huge sponser and supplier, and more than 2 teams over a 3-4 year period.

Be SMART, TEGA. And be SMART, TW.
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:53 (Ref:1845934)   #46
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Theres as much chance HRT & Toll being kicked out of the Series as there is Ferrari or Repsol Honda being kicked out of their respective championships.
It wont happen !
Old 19 Feb 2007, 23:57 (Ref:1845936)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where's Bill Murray?

Its Groundhog Day............
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Feb 2007, 00:00 (Ref:1845939)   #48
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper
Theres as much chance HRT & Toll being kicked out of the Series as there is Ferrari or Repsol Honda being kicked out of their respective championships.
It wont happen !
While I agree in this instance, let us not forget that Toyota DID get kicked out of the WRC back in the early 90's for cheating.

Never say never
Old 20 Feb 2007, 00:06 (Ref:1845941)   #49
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the point in rules if they aren't enforced?

Regardless of who might be upset, or the money that is lost due to them losing their licences, surely it should be a level playing field for all who follow the rules, whether their sponsored by their manufacturer or Kenny's Porta loos.
Old 20 Feb 2007, 00:07 (Ref:1845943)   #50
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess anythings possible, but it would be a lonely existance at the race tracks with No holden supporters and the financial implications that go along with these theories.

Anyway............BRING on Clipsal or more importantly Barbagallo
(as thats closer to me)