Old 20 Mar 2003, 18:10 (Ref:542306)   #27
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Harman
No Actually Roy Rogers used to sprint and hillclimb a Haggispeed Mk6 D, honestly !
Well I`ll go to the foot of our stairs! There was me attempting to be me flippant self and then...oh well.
Tell you what Tony, is this a new thread coming on...`cos I know Jim Clark who used to hillclimb in the Midlands and he still lives within 3 miles of Prescott now. What do you think?
Old 21 Mar 2003, 01:27 (Ref:542675)   #28
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Go for it, Gizmo, famous names who aren't who you think. Or famous names who are who you think, if only you'd heard of them. In my time I've met Chris Rea, Shane Lynch and Sue Nichols, and said to all of them "Who are you, then?"
Old 21 Mar 2003, 08:53 (Ref:542861)   #29
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Who's Shane Lynch?

I once met our Taoiseach (Prime Minister) and didn't know who he was. He was very nice about it!

On a more serious note, the big question is - what are the rules for an ice cream van on circuit?

I'm assuming that it's going to be a white flag situation (unless it drops ice cream on the track, in which case we're into COS)

Does it have to have the music going all the way around the circuit? Can it be overtaken? Are drivers penalised for pulling up alongside it and ordering a choc ice?

Can a driver be penalised for eating ice cream whilst racing?

In the event of an incident, how much of the contents are the Rescue Crew allowed to eat before they a) have to pay and b) get down to actually rescuing the driver?

Surely there's an appendix for this somewhere? After all, if it's not in the rule book, it doesn't exist.......

Which would make the MSA responsible for the total annihilation of ice cream in the universe as we know it...

These questions keep me awake nights!

[img]http://***********************/sammlung/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-004.gif[/img]

[img]http://***********************/sammlung/ernaehrung/food-smiley-011.gif[/img]

Old 21 Mar 2003, 09:29 (Ref:542882)   #30
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I suppose it's number would be "99" ...........
Old 21 Mar 2003, 17:16 (Ref:543356)   #31
Beardy359
Racer

England
Wiltshire
Beardy359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found in an old race programme:

Extract from Final Instructions:

"Ice-Cream Van.

In the event of an ice-cream van situation the following will apply:

1) All posts to show steady ice-cream flag (white,pink and brown tricolour), the flag to be waved whilst van is in your section.

2)The van will have chimes operational and window manned.

3)All cars to form up behind van in single file - no overtaking

4)In the event that the van has missed the leading car, "trapped" cars will be signalled past the van. These drivers MUST purchase an ice-cream on the way past which must be consumed before they rejoin the end of the snake.

Note:drivers wearing full face helmets will only be allowed a Mivvy, no soft ice cream allowed.

5) At the end of the ice-cream van period the van will make one cicuit CHIMES OFF before returning to the pits. Racing to restart at Start/Finish line which will display a green flag.

6)Laps behind the ice-cream van are included in race distance."
Old 21 Mar 2003, 17:20 (Ref:543360)   #32
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

EXCELLENT
Old 21 Mar 2003, 18:41 (Ref:543416)   #33
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EP, go for it on the new thread. But concerning the Rescue/ice cream scoffing thing, once at Shelsley while doing Kennels and before me becoming one of them, I was stood by the unit when a shout went up. Seeing that the driver had her hands full with a great big ice cream I kindly offered to hold it until she returned...she said no fear you`ll blooby scoff it and promptly shot off in persuit of bent metal....then came back with an ashtray full of ice cream melting all over the dash!!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
Who's Shane Lynch?

I once met our Taoiseach (Prime Minister) and didn't know who he was. He was very nice about it!

On a more serious note, the big question is - what are the rules for an ice cream van on circuit?

I'm assuming that it's going to be a white flag situation (unless it drops ice cream on the track, in which case we're into COS)

Does it have to have the music going all the way around the circuit? Can it be overtaken? Are drivers penalised for pulling up alongside it and ordering a choc ice?

Can a driver be penalised for eating ice cream whilst racing?

In the event of an incident, how much of the contents are the Rescue Crew allowed to eat before they a) have to pay and b) get down to actually rescuing the driver?

Surely there's an appendix for this somewhere? After all, if it's not in the rule book, it doesn't exist.......

Which would make the MSA responsible for the total annihilation of ice cream in the universe as we know it...

These questions keep me awake nights!

[img]http://***********************/sammlung/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-004.gif[/img]

[img]http://***********************/sammlung/ernaehrung/food-smiley-011.gif[/img]

Old 21 Mar 2003, 22:11 (Ref:543582)   #34
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
*takes hat off to Beardy*

Brilliant!

[img]http://***********************/sammlung/grinser/grinning-smiley-004.gif[/img]

[img]http://***********************/sammlung/lachen/laughing-smiley-018.gif[/img]
Old 21 Mar 2003, 23:50 (Ref:543672)   #35
Beardy359
Racer

England
Wiltshire
Sorry EP, I may have misled you - these are only the Blue Book regs. The FIA ice-cream van may be completely different, check with that nice Mr Mosley.
Old 22 Mar 2003, 01:10 (Ref:543719)   #36
bigwrench59
Rookie

bigwrench59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This stuff is too funny if I only could understand it all, Whats a mivvy?
Old 22 Mar 2003, 01:21 (Ref:543725)   #37
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Beardy, that's brilliant. FIA regs, as you would expect, are different. Only whippys are allowed, no stationary choc ices, and you'll only include a flake if specially instructed by race control. Also, if anyone orders a Magnum, it should be phoned in for a pit lane penalty.
Old 22 Mar 2003, 01:48 (Ref:543762)   #38
bigwrench59
Rookie

bigwrench59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Enough already
Old 22 Mar 2003, 07:44 (Ref:543889)   #39
Beardy359
Racer

England
Wiltshire
What is a Mivvy? – an explanation for our colonial cousins.

A Mivvy is a triumph of the ice-cream makers art. A full cream ice-cream centre enrobed in fruit flavoured water ice, the whole mounted on a stick for ease of eating. Flavours are orange, strawberry, the rare blackcurrant and lime (which always tasted of disinfectant). The design is clever in that if not eaten within 30 seconds, the water ice will melt and drip down the stick, down your hand, down your forearm and finally drip off your elbow and onto your sandals. On realising this the natural reaction is to turn the Mivvy over thus allowing the ice-cream core to fall out!
Old 26 Mar 2003, 09:02 (Ref:548414)   #40
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
After some investigation, it appears that Ice Cream van racing comes under the regulations of the KLF-JAM

The JAM (Justified Ancients of Muuu) are actually famous for being justified, ancient and driving and driving an Ice Cream van.

Note: Anyone who doesn't recognise the reference, let me know and I'll bring the offending song to Brands with me in May!
Old 26 Mar 2003, 09:08 (Ref:548424)   #41
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ep, you'd have to be a bit Lulu to miss that reference.
Old 26 Mar 2003, 09:25 (Ref:548452)   #42
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Um perhaps my memory is a bit off, but it seems Tammy that Lulu wasn't involved.....?
Old 26 Mar 2003, 09:56 (Ref:548479)   #43
Brian Mac
Teabagging Is My Life
Racer

United Kingdom
Maccy-Ds Hut, Kirkistown
Brian Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Beardy359
What is a Mivvy? – an explanation for our colonial cousins.

Does that come with fried rice
or chips. ???????? I must stop inhaling fumes at mondello
or i will become as mad as the resident evil P. OH-OH! the drying process, its started, Quick someone show me to the nearest alcopops watering hole.

Last edited by Brian Mac; 26 Mar 2003 at 09:58.