Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Jun 2006, 07:12 (Ref:1628198)   #26
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when the thing caught on fire i think murph was trying to delay the fire marshals by taking a long time to undo the bonnet and he was probablly sayng to the marshalls let the heap of junk burn (that was minus a few swear words that weall know murph loves to use a fare bit and thats why they dont use his radio on air and one of the commentators have to say an edited version of what murph said).
Old 7 Jun 2006, 06:03 (Ref:1628985)   #27
scr
Rookie

Australia
Australia
scr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey when murph was running with the kmart team he had hardly any mechanical failures and was very successful during this period with the team. Sure there are going to be times when there are mechanical failures but i dont think the blame can rest squarely on the shoulders of the driver here.
Old 7 Jun 2006, 08:01 (Ref:1629047)   #28
XW GT
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
XW GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon that the reason that Murph doesn't use the clutch as much as others, is because his bottom lip is probably under the pedal!
Old 9 Jun 2006, 06:49 (Ref:1630385)   #29
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scr
hey when murph was running with the kmart team he had hardly any mechanical failures and was very successful during this period with the team. Sure there are going to be times when there are mechanical failures but i dont think the blame can rest squarely on the shoulders of the driver here.
PWR were brillant when they were with HMS, so why (in an engineering stand point) move from Holden's best engineering service producers to a lesser stocked and funded engineering plants (Perkins)?
Old 9 Jun 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1630492)   #30
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe SCAR are using old FPR engines.
Old 9 Jun 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1630857)   #31
ratty021
Rookie

ratty021 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmorri
Maybe SCAR are using old FPR engines.
Maybe they are. About the fire marshals thing in my view Murph was doing everything he could to undo the bonnet, While the marshals just watched him. He could hace saved the car seeing the marshals probably wouldnt have done anything
Old 9 Jun 2006, 23:05 (Ref:1630892)   #32
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
... while the plan to build up the engineering side sees the team searching for a fabricator and data engineer in this week's motorsport publications...

I would have thought a panelbeater would be more handy right about now

Last edited by GTRMagic; 9 Jun 2006 at 23:07.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Jun 2006, 05:18 (Ref:1630968)   #33
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely it's time for PWR to build their own chassis, and do their own engine program.
Old 10 Jun 2006, 07:26 (Ref:1630985)   #34
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I thought SCAR went back to HM(TWP) engines this year?
Old 10 Jun 2006, 08:22 (Ref:1631001)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
According to the team website Here PWR are still using Perkins engines

Maybe they got confused and put a truck engine in them instead?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Jun 2006, 08:34 (Ref:1631008)   #36
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a great idea for parity! All Holdens to use SCAR engines and all Fords to use old FPR engines......nobody finishes a race......but the car that goes the furthest wins!......brilliant!
Old 10 Jun 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1631315)   #37
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebberForWDC
Surely it's time for PWR to build their own chassis
I believe they are from next year.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 01:44 (Ref:1631425)   #38
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
According to the team website Here PWR are still using Perkins engines

Maybe they got confused and put a truck engine in them instead?
Maybe SCAR should form an alliance with JDR, because they certainly need some help. I've got a lazy $1000 to say Murph(or another team) will buy out his '07 contract. Of course he may have a performance clause to fall back on.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 01:52 (Ref:1631427)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
I've got a lazy $1000 to say Murph(or another team) will buy out his '07 contract. Of course he may have a performance clause to fall back on.
Where would he go?

The logical place might be TKR, but I cannot see them being rich enough to afford him... the car would be top notch though....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 11 Jun 2006, 02:47 (Ref:1631437)   #40
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Where would he go?

The logical place might be TKR, but I cannot see them being rich enough to afford him... the car would be top notch though....
How about a Bright/Murphy combo at Britek? Murph is still ****ed off at Holden for shoving him sideways into SCAR.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 04:11 (Ref:1631447)   #41
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How about a Bright/Murphy combo at Britek? Murph is still ****ed off at Holden for shoving him sideways into SCAR.
Really?

My understanding was he chose to leave Kmart racing to head to a better funded team.
More money to spend on virtual testing etc to give him that elusive championship win.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 06:02 (Ref:1631460)   #42
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont think Holden would lose Murphy, they would offer him all the dollars in the world to keep him. Holden has lost enough stars latley. Having said that, Ford cant really afford any new big names anyway.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 08:00 (Ref:1631489)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
I dont think Holden would lose Murphy, they would offer him all the dollars in the world to keep him. Holden has lost enough stars latley. Having said that, Ford cant really afford any new big names anyway.
The driver already has a VZ-bodied Commodore in NZ that could be converted to full VZ specs for use in the main series!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 11 Jun 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1631520)   #44
Fuji
Rookie

Fuji should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe SCAR should form an alliance with JDR, because they certainly need some help. I've got a lazy $1000 to say Murph(or another team) will buy out his '07 contract. Of course he may have a performance clause to fall back on.
No need as I am assured that PWR WILL be sold to John Marshall this year. The final part of the payment will be made in August according to a large mouth ex-team-driver (not currently driving in 2006 series).

Given that news I am assured that Mr Murphy will gain his relief from his contract with Mr Weel without needing to activate the performance clause.

Keep our money in your pocket Billy, you are on the right track but your info is just a little offline.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 09:08 (Ref:1631521)   #45
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
what are you hinting at GTR that murph will have his own team?
Old 11 Jun 2006, 09:24 (Ref:1631528)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuji
No need as I am assured that PWR WILL be sold to John Marshall this year. The final part of the payment will be made in August according to a large mouth ex-team-driver (not currently driving in 2006 series).

Given that news I am assured that Mr Murphy will gain his relief from his contract with Mr Weel without needing to activate the performance clause.
Ah but the bigger question then posed is whether SuperCheap want to work with the new team owner... or whether the dollars have been spirited elsewhere, along side a former team employee/driver
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 11 Jun 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1631565)   #47
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
North QLD
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr fan
what are you hinting at GTR that murph will have his own team?
No he is hinting that Murph will have a get out clause as the team will change owners. Steve Ellery would fill one spot and you'd guess that Cam McConville would still be in the other.

Where to for murph? I've got this nagging feeling that Mr Kelly of the Todd variety isn't happy where he is, or more to the point, would prefer to be elsewhere. Maybe if that card gets played, a major game of musical chairs could start and murphs new home could be answered. I would has it a guess that TOLL will be involved in the musical chairs game, even if it might not be major. Include tasman in the musical chairs too. I wonder if PMM could get involved also...
Old 11 Jun 2006, 20:45 (Ref:1631908)   #48
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Look for Todd and Greg at Tasman, as stated previously. Whether that leaves Jason Richards out or not, I don't know. Tasman is seeming struggling budget-wise with 2 cars, so a 3rd car would seem foolhardy.

Of course, if Fusion got involved, then maybe there would be funds to run 3 cars. Who knows where the licence purchase funds may come from though.

The Fusion lot are apparently very open about everything motorsport, so surely someone will find something out fairly easily.
Old 11 Jun 2006, 23:50 (Ref:1632008)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
The Fusion lot are apparently very open about everything motorsport, so surely someone will find something out fairly easily.
Do they have $2m+ a year to fund a car? That is a shedload of car stereos they have to flog
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 12 Jun 2006, 05:06 (Ref:1632099)   #50
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
maybe sony do but i dont think fusion do.