Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 27 Sep 2002, 20:13 (Ref:390140)   #26
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As a driver I feel that the danger element only comes into my mind when I'm mid 'moment' I enjoy the speed and the competition, the danger is a very unattractive part of it for me. However either barreling around Lydden or playing driver on my playstation I enjoy it.
Old 30 Sep 2002, 17:47 (Ref:392414)   #27
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In a similar vein to some previous comments I have come up with the perfect solution to controlling any possibility of me suffering from too much red mist whilst racing -

Everybody should drive limited import 19 year old Japanese cars that you can't get ANY spare panels for either from a shop or from a breakers. If you smack it up badly you can't race it again, EVER.

Maybe that's why the some of the drivers of more recent/more commonly available cars demonstrate a more cavalier (no pun intended) attitude?

Perhaps the race championships should introduce a 'maximum crash repair' limit before you have to sit out a couple of races?

Having said that, I would be very suspicious of a championship where you don't get the occasional coming together. How hard would the people really be trying if the occassional mistake didn't happen?
Old 1 Oct 2002, 18:25 (Ref:393349)   #28
jamesb
Rookie

jamesb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to get so touchy earlier. I do have a habit of not explaining myself properly first time. Glad you are all so forgiving once I cleared it up.

I think however that we can never take the "danger hunter" aspect away from racing however, just like in skating. If they insist you wear a helmet on the vert ramp, people go for more dangerous tricks because they feel safer. Similarly people will go for stupider overtaking oppertunities if they are not as likely to have such servere consiquenses. I'd love to see James Thompson in single seaters. With the way he "drives" he'll kill himself within a weekend or two. Should save some money in wing mirrors eh? Sure Mr Muller agrees.

It's a debate that will have you banging your head against the wall for ever, as drivers crash and bang their heads against the wall, hopefully more than just the one time...