Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 3 Dec 2010, 23:01 (Ref:2799309)   #26
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
Waiting Patiently for Ludvig News

So Boring at the moment not enough driver news

Please let it be a Volvo
Hunsbedt wants more!
"Things are not completed and there is still much work to do. I am very busy this Thursday and Friday then I will negotiate new partnerships for 2011.

The desire is definitely there. I really want to fight for the title. We are working on a two -year program. Nothing is completely validated yet but we hope everything goes as planned this week.

Obviously Hunsbedt expect to be on the lookout for a new model for 2011. "I still hesitate between a Volvo or a new Ford.
The speed and excitement and the good atmosphere surrounding the sport inspires me to continue. I also feel that I still have a lot to give even if my business does not leave me much time.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 00:17 (Ref:2799321)   #27
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
How do you know?
FIRE is a living proof of that he say is right I think. A member on this site since 2003 and only a RC fan for a year or so!!????? BTW Welcome to the family FIRE!
I don’t know how it is in Europe but I have never seen any posters or adds in the papers or TV for the ERC race at Höljes. And the same goes for any SRC races near by me.
Every year the same weekend (the first weekend of July) BMK Uddevalla host the FIM World Motocross Championships.
I live in Uddevalla and I see posters everywhere. They have adds in all the papers near by. Local Radio have reports of the event.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 00:50 (Ref:2799333)   #28
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Bakkerud will drive a Clio of Set Promotion in Super1600. Source: rallycross.com
It will cost him 1.8 million S Kronor per year.
Old 4 Dec 2010, 01:31 (Ref:2799341)   #29
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
http://www.bybillwood.com/online/ind...dio&Itemid=106

An interwue with Kenneth Hansen

clic on the white banner!
Old 4 Dec 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2799464)   #30
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Werll, if you people want a DVD then chip and pay for the production, printing, distribution! For little return, let's be honest!
Thought I was aready doing that when I've been paying £20+ for the previous years DVD's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H
With all the editing done - I do wonder whats stopping a dvd - lack of demand? copyright?
I wondered if its a copyright issue, as all they really have to do (if they want a basic DVD) is drop the Motors TV coverage onto a couple of discs.
Old 5 Dec 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2799921)   #31
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
How do you know?
Except if there are former WRC drivers taking part or X-Games there's not much attention for ERC or rallycross in general, especially compared to other forms of motorsport like rally or GT racing. With the sport itself is nothing wrong: powerful cars, cool looking wide body cars, different brands & models, spectacular racing and short races (people have nowadays a short attention span ).
Old 5 Dec 2010, 20:37 (Ref:2800082)   #32
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Thought I was aready doing that when I've been paying £20+ for the previous years DVD's...

I wondered if its a copyright issue, as all they really have to do (if they want a basic DVD) is drop the Motors TV coverage onto a couple of discs.
that was my thought.

When i started watching rallycross I could buy european rounds on betaMAX, and catch up on what had gone on in previous years. I supposes todays new fan has to settle for catching up on the past via you-tube............
Old 6 Dec 2010, 09:42 (Ref:2800256)   #33
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
that was my thought.

When i started watching rallycross I could buy european rounds on betaMAX, and catch up on what had gone on in previous years. I supposes todays new fan has to settle for catching up on the past via you-tube............
You may already know about it, but just in case you don't:

http://www.rallycrosstube.com/

I much prefer watching motorsport on my TV rather then my computer, but its better then nothing!

I've done a bit of internet searching and I've managed to find a download of the complete Motors TV programme for every 2010 round except for Round 6 (Finland). So once I've downloaded the lot I shall be dropping them onto disc - voila, my own budget 2010 ERC DVD!
Old 15 Dec 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2804657)   #34
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Sorry of the double post, but I just spotted this:

Great to see a new car coming into rallycross - particularly as I don't think there has been a newage Impreza in the UK Championship? I'm pretty sure from the picture its a hatch Impreza (though it might be a "hawkeye"?), but in either case I guess the car would be suitable for European competition as well as the UK series?
Old 15 Dec 2010, 11:04 (Ref:2804674)   #35
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats should be intresting

Good to see new cars coming into uk rallycross, even better when its an impreza or evo.

Would be nice to know what the 2011 events are and when so i can start planning things.
Old 15 Dec 2010, 15:52 (Ref:2804785)   #36
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You may already know about it, but just in case you don't:

http://www.rallycrosstube.com/

I much prefer watching motorsport on my TV rather then my computer, but its better then nothing!

I've done a bit of internet searching and I've managed to find a download of the complete Motors TV programme for every 2010 round except for Round 6 (Finland). So once I've downloaded the lot I shall be dropping them onto disc - voila, my own budget 2010 ERC DVD!
Shameless plug.....but if you go to Best Buy (now in Croydon) then you buy the box that allows you to watch your computer on your tv. I watched the 1984 ERC from Austria on TV last night using the same stuff.

Very cool and now available in the UK from Best Buy!

Mark
www.williamsrallyracing
Old 15 Dec 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2804793)   #37
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post
Shameless plug.....but if you go to Best Buy (now in Croydon) then you buy the box that allows you to watch your computer on your tv. I watched the 1984 ERC from Austria on TV last night using the same stuff.
That WAS a shameless plug! Good call though!

Please move this to a different thread if its deviating too far off topic, but looking at the Supercars next year...

Andy Scott - Focus ST ERC
Kevin Procter - Focus ST ERC?
Pat Doran - Fiesta ST ERC?
David Binks - Fiesta ST ERC?
Simon Horton - post-06 Impreza

Could be a few BRxC drivers able to run in the ERC round at Lydden next year?
Old 15 Dec 2010, 16:56 (Ref:2804812)   #38
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry of the double post, but I just spotted this:

Great to see a new car coming into rallycross - particularly as I don't think there has been a newage Impreza in the UK Championship? I'm pretty sure from the picture its a hatch Impreza (though it might be a "hawkeye"?), but in either case I guess the car would be suitable for European competition as well as the UK series?
From the tags on Si's website its going to be a hawkeye!
Old 16 Dec 2010, 08:58 (Ref:2805042)   #39
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by B Friendly View Post
From the tags on Si's website its going to be a hawkeye!
I thought the light looked a bit small for a Hawkeye, but I wasn't sure.

Either way its a new Scoob in rallycross, so I'm excited!
Old 16 Dec 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2805185)   #40
Tall Chris
Racer

England
Headcorn
Tall Chris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross View Post

Very cool and now available in the UK from Best Buy!

Mark
www.williamsrallyracing
Sorry, didn't quite catch where that was available from
Alternatively you can buy a lead to plug into your TV, available from all good electronics retailers . . . .
Old 16 Dec 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2805274)   #41
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That WAS a shameless plug! Good call though!

Please move this to a different thread if its deviating too far off topic, but looking at the Supercars next year...

Andy Scott - Focus ST ERC
Kevin Procter - Focus ST ERC?
Pat Doran - Fiesta ST ERC?
David Binks - Fiesta ST ERC?
Simon Horton - post-06 Impreza

Could be a few BRxC drivers able to run in the ERC round at Lydden next year?
last weeks Autosport mentioned Pat Doran was considering a C4, assume its a Hansen version, but what`s happened to the ex Oliver Ann/George Tracey car that Bardy had outings in.

And if Jermone Grosset-Janin is driving a Team Chanoine Clio in 2011, where does that leave Oliver Ann`s current C4 that Jermone has driven for 2 seasons?
Old 16 Dec 2010, 19:40 (Ref:2805286)   #42
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
This C4?

I assume it will take one more season before we will see the first Citroen DS3 div 1?
Old 17 Dec 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2805516)   #43
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen H View Post
last weeks Autosport mentioned Pat Doran was considering a C4
Really? Thats interesting to hear. Guess its about time Pat upgraded his machinery, though I'll be sad to see his current car go - I've got a bit of a soft spot for those wide arch Mk.6 Fiestas!

I thought Hansen had mentioned working with/developing the DS3 last year?
Old 17 Dec 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2805804)   #44
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Quote:
This C4?

I assume it will take one more season before we will see the first Citroen DS3 div 1?
Maybe not, I have read somewhere on the AFOR website that Alain Hue is building a DS3 D1/Supercar.

About Hansen, It is all about the support from Citroen Sport. In 2006 Hansen got a really late go ahead from Citroen to build a C4 for the ERC. I think KHM build the C4 ERC in less than 8 weeks!!??!! This was 1 year before the WRC team debuted the C4. They did something similar in 98 with the Xsara I think.

So don’t Wright of a new KHM DS3 just yet!!!
Old 18 Dec 2010, 07:47 (Ref:2805877)   #45
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought I'd read somewhere that KHM had offered Liam a deal for next year and they would use DS3's.
Has the C4 Liam used in America stayed out there or come back? This could be the one Pat's considering!
Old 18 Dec 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2805950)   #46
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
For some months now Latvian TT Motorsport has a Citroen Rallycross Division-1 for ERC page on their website. Don't know how serious this DS3 project is.
Old 7 Jan 2011, 23:08 (Ref:2812762)   #47
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Knut Ove Börseth has bought the “Duval” Focus from Koen Pauwels and is working on a budget to do a full ERC. As a part of the deal the Börseth Fiesta now belongs to Pauwels and he plans to do a full ERC in the Touring class with it.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2814881)   #48
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Doran and Timerzyanov will drive a Hansen Citroen C4 in ERC this season.
Source: www.rallycross.com

I am confused. Does this mean Hansen has quit driving?

EDIT: Hansen will focus on team management en developing the DS3. Will do part time ERC.
Source: http://erc.20minutes-blogs.fr/

Last edited by FIRE; 12 Jan 2011 at 19:36.
Old 12 Jan 2011, 23:39 (Ref:2815010)   #49
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Source: >http://erc.20minutes-blogs.fr/<

The source for that french copycat was ERC24.
Old 14 Jan 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2815616)   #50
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tanner Foust will be racing in ERC full time for 2011.