Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:48 (Ref:667287)   #26
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Thats almost as good as your second post keystrokes
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:49 (Ref:667290)   #27
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, yeah...
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:49 (Ref:667291)   #28
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Thats funny keystrokes!!

I may not like everything that Michael has done in his career, but what you said takes the biscuit!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:50 (Ref:667293)   #29
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was joking!

Christ!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:53 (Ref:667299)   #30
goforit500
Veteran

goforit500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well...I've been the victim of moves like that and the issue has usually ended up in the CoC's office with the other party having to explain their actions !!

Defence is OK - No problems
Even a good squeeze up to the edge of the track is OK in some circumstances
but
putting another driver in the boonies is out of order.

At any clubbie, driving like that would incur the wrath of the officials and if repeated would lead to the guilty party finding that his entries were being refused by the championship coordinator.

I love close, close racing with other drivers who I can trust to be sensible at 150MPH - There are some drivers that I'll sit behind until they make a mistake - Granted, that may be a while if MS is in front - But you get my drift...!!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:54 (Ref:667300)   #31
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*a light breeze whistles, an open gate bangs, a distant church bell chimes*

That your tumbleweed, rijntthingy??
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:56 (Ref:667303)   #32
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 15:58 (Ref:667306)   #33
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

There has always been an on going debate about weaving but as far as i can see ms only moved over once to defend.

but what about villeneuve's chop on Button and little wiggle as michael went past.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 16:16 (Ref:667325)   #34
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MS was out of order. HE did not defend he drove Alonso off the track at the fastest point on the circuit.
He should have received a black flag stop and go and a warning about his future conduct.
This kind of driving spreads through the sport and should be cut out.
I'll certainly have a good laugh the next time he has a crusade on safety, can you imagine the consequences if Alonso had held his line?
Old 21 Jul 2003, 16:39 (Ref:667354)   #35
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was probably OK, but it wasn't pretty.

Just a little point (which you can take whichever way you want): the only two drivers (that I saw) to do moves like that at Silverstone are the only two world champions in the field.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 16:41 (Ref:667358)   #36
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That may say something.

However, probably the bravest move of the day was DC on Alonso through the chicane... I wonder what people would be saying if Alonso had locked up and took them off?
Old 21 Jul 2003, 16:51 (Ref:667379)   #37
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Adam and goforit500 are dead on. Jacques forced Button to work harded to get past him. But he was clear and there was no contact.

Schumacher takes the 'one move' standard far beyond common sense. In his interpretation, it's "one move in any direction, at any time, and anyone in the way had better move because I'm Michael Schumacher and Bernie effing loves me!"

'One move' is _not_ a valid excuse for driving at the side of someone's car to get them out of the way!

If Alonso hadn't gone onto the grass, at those speeds, the resulting crash would have speared both of them into the Armco on the right, and possible killed or crippled either one of them.

Schumacher's a great driver, but he's spoiled and he's reckless, because he's never been properly disciplined for such recklessness, or even for blatant cheating. And it's having a repercussive effect throughout motorsport, as young drivers emulate his on-track actions.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 16:59 (Ref:667392)   #38
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Lee, I think you're wrong, but I'm going to go home and watch the video and come back a wiser man.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 17:23 (Ref:667410)   #39
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF and Villeneuve are amateurs in the blocking stakes if u want to see how its done check out Scott Sharp in IRL or Max (mad dog) Papis in Champ Car. Blocking at it's finest.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 17:36 (Ref:667430)   #40
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
It looked like exactly the same move he pulled on JPM at Brazil 2002 when JPM lost his front wing.
JPM had a run on Schu, but TGF just moved all the way across the track not leaving even a cars width on the side of the track.

If he had left just enough room for Alonso that would have been ok, but he ran all the way to the white line forcing Alonso on the grass - did Alonso have his front wing / wheel alongside TGF's rear wheel?
Old 21 Jul 2003, 17:46 (Ref:667443)   #41
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He left far less room than Montoya left him in Germany, and it was reckless. Imagine Ross Brawns comments had it been the other way round. It wasn't a defence of position, it was a block.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 17:49 (Ref:667446)   #42
ASCII Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
*a light breeze whistles, an open gate bangs, a distant church bell chimes*

That your tumbleweed, rijntthingy??

What the hell are you talking about? :confused:

What's a tumbleweed?
Old 21 Jul 2003, 17:57 (Ref:667454)   #43
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
What's a tumbleweed?
n Any of various densely branched annual plants, such as amaranth and Russian thistle, that break off from the roots at the end of the growing season and are rolled about by the wind.

Basically the only thing that moves when nothing else is stirring. Symbolic of a deserted town. Everything is quiet and the only thing of (little) interest is the tumbleweed and maybe the sound of a church bell (which you wouldn't notice if anything else was happening).
Old 21 Jul 2003, 17:58 (Ref:667455)   #44
ASCII Man
Veteran

Oh, like a ghost town in a western movie?
Old 21 Jul 2003, 18:03 (Ref:667463)   #45
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes.

http://phrases.shu.ac.uk/bulletin_bo...sages/835.html
Old 21 Jul 2003, 18:10 (Ref:667471)   #46
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee Janotta

Schumacher's a great driver, but he's spoiled and he's reckless, because he's never been properly disciplined for such recklessness, or even for blatant cheating. And it's having a repercussive effect throughout motorsport, as young drivers emulate his on-track actions.
.. indeed Alonso is learning .... the hard way

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Jul 2003, 19:38 (Ref:667563)   #47
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was alright, hard but fair, Alonso wasn't quite alongside from what I saw so he still had the chance to back out or switch to the outside.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 19:49 (Ref:667575)   #48
Robert
Racer

Robert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Idiot at the British Grand Prix...

What was he doing?, pushing Alonso onto the grass like that, was that classy Ross?????

Idiot!!!!!!

Robert
Old 21 Jul 2003, 21:01 (Ref:667637)   #49
Tom Fuller
Racer

Northern Ireland
Essex, UK
Tom Fuller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've always thought of Schumacher as Unprofessional. He's so into himself, so bigheaded and stuff to care about anyone else. Fine example: when Coulthard crashed into the back of him at the 1998 Belgian GP (which Jordan and Damon Hill won - 1-2 for Jordan infact with Ralf second) he flew off on one. It was an accident.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 21:05 (Ref:667642)   #50
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
I thought it was alright, hard but fair, Alonso wasn't quite alongside from what I saw so he still had the chance to back out or switch to the outside.
thats what I thought at the time.
Still do.