Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who was the driver of the race?
Michael Schumacher 6 5.31%
Jenson Button 81 71.68%
Fernado Alonso 2 1.77%
Mark Webber 17 15.04%
Kimi Raikkonen 5 4.42%
other (please specify) 2 1.77%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25 Jul 2004, 16:44 (Ref:1046821)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The part was not necessarily illegal.

Charlie Whiting just wanted a better explanation of it, so BAR took it off rather than kick up a fuss.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 17:14 (Ref:1046847)   #27
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schumi .. .. but very good races from Button and Webber

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Jul 2004, 17:16 (Ref:1046849)   #28
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lol . i just voted and saw that the driver that wone the race only got ONE vote out of 37 .. come on ..

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Jul 2004, 17:24 (Ref:1046852)   #29
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He hardly had to do anything special did he! Perhaps the poll suggests you should rethink your vote whilst taking appropriate favoutisms into account?
Old 25 Jul 2004, 17:27 (Ref:1046854)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And that is partly the point of the driver of the race poll!
Old 25 Jul 2004, 17:31 (Ref:1046858)   #31
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
since when winning the race is nothing special

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Jul 2004, 17:38 (Ref:1046863)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
after you have won 82 of them. Yes winning a race is special, but sometimes second place can be a bigger achievement...
Old 25 Jul 2004, 17:43 (Ref:1046864)   #33
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
i'm not saying that it can't be . I voted Fisico in UK .. but 27:1 .. is a rather to big

edit .. it was 29:1

Last edited by Dani Filth; 25 Jul 2004 at 17:44.

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Jul 2004, 17:44 (Ref:1046866)   #34
Son of Jor-El
Racer

Son of Jor-El should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by esorniloc
Yes, but they did use it on Friday!

There is some rule that says the cars must be legal at every point of the race weekend. So how could BAR be allowed to even start the race. They should have been thrown out on Friday night!
So is it implied that the 2nd and 8th places were the benefit of something that wasn't fitted to the car?!
(puffs checks!)
As K-B rightly states, the issue of any items that the FIA might deem dubious were dealt with early in the weekend, thus a satisfactory conclusion found. I'm sure BAR (or any other team) want to race within the rules, or at least with an interpretation of them.

It would be unfair to imply that their results were not deserved.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 20:58 (Ref:1047005)   #35
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jenson get's my vote, i mistook him for Sato by the way he was attacking Alonso!

Top drive!
Old 25 Jul 2004, 20:59 (Ref:1047007)   #36
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Special mention to DC for staying "on it" knowing about his team mate's problem,
According to DC, the team didn't tell him about the problem. As he said "You don't worry about what you don't know".

Back to topic, only one driver of the race imo......Jenson

He has really come of age this season, drove brilliantly, made some good overtaking manoeuvres and had a wonky crash hat to contend with.

Top drive!
Old 25 Jul 2004, 21:02 (Ref:1047009)   #37
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by esorniloc
Yes, but they did use it on Friday!

There is some rule that says the cars must be legal at every point of the race weekend. So how could BAR be allowed to even start the race. They should have been thrown out on Friday night!
Apparently, the team submitted to Charliw Whiting their modification and it was verbally agreed that the mod was ok. Once it was seen on Davidsons car, it was decided that the mod wasn't ok.

A misunderstanding as opposed to anything untoward.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 21:49 (Ref:1047043)   #38
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, and David Richards was quoted today as saying hopefully they'd get the clarification they're looking for and it'll be on the car in Hungary.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 21:58 (Ref:1047056)   #39
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta vote Jenson today - Michael was always in control, great drive from him as always. Webber great and DC did well.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 22:18 (Ref:1047088)   #40
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not really a Button Fan, but he was the man today.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 22:49 (Ref:1047124)   #41
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very very close between Webber and Button, but I'm landing on Webber today. Flawless race from him from what I could see, taking the Jaguar to a place it really shouldn't be. The cheeky pass on Trulli gives him the nod for driver of the race in my book. Button also was brilliant, but has a much better car than Webber. And the guy in front is just the guy in front doing his usual business... (And if someone doesn't understand my sense of humour, I will add that TGF also drove a good race today, no doubt. )
Old 25 Jul 2004, 22:51 (Ref:1047127)   #42
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got to be Jenson, a superb quali lap and a great race.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 23:29 (Ref:1047154)   #43
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Voted Button.
Webber did well in bringing the car home ahead of where it should have been.
Good race from DC in spite of problems with handling after Reubens hit hinm and picking up front wing damaging debris from Kimi's accident.
Pizzonia drove well, fastest race lap only one tenth slower than Monty. Well done.
Promising drive from Kimi while he was there-not his fault he went out.
We saw some good speed from Sato and Klein for a while although Taku's spin put him down the order a bit. Brundle's comment about the paddock rumour of Trulli for BAR was interesting but unlikely.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 23:57 (Ref:1047178)   #44
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had to go with Michael!

With so much action going on BEHIND him, he cooly and calmly kept up the pace in the front, and never once bobbled, skidded, locked-up, or even twitched! He is a zen master, he is one with his machine...(deep huh? LOL!)

Great race for Button, and Webber though...

Danica Patrick
Old 26 Jul 2004, 00:02 (Ref:1047184)   #45
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Hmmm, so many good drives to choose from (a pleasant change).

Michael, faultless as always. He is so good now we dont even notice. He basically did what Montoya did last season (with a less superior car) but we dont recognise it because we just expect it from him these days.

Webber, brilliant. Battled faster cars throughout the race, usually coming off better. Jag should be very impressed with the 3 points he stole for them.

But, last but not least, I'm going with the flow here and giving the vote to Jenson. What a drive, and the pitstops show how good a lap he did in qualifying.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 01:25 (Ref:1047231)   #46
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
KIMI!
Old 26 Jul 2004, 04:00 (Ref:1047283)   #47
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some impressive acheivements during the race.

Better than average for this season from MS. Kimi made him put in more than 4 fast laps. Kimi was fast, but did we see anything truely spectacular with him? He looked better than MS and I say that because I'm not convinced MS was running quiet at 100% effort.

Not only was Webber good for passing, but he was also very good under pressure and pressuring others. Very impressive.

I voted for Button, but after thinking about it more I wish I'd voted for Webber. Button did well advancing and had a nice manouver against a guy who was 2 secs a lap slower, but Webber truely wrestled that Jag forward.

I'm not sure what to think of JPM's performance. Was his start the fault of a lousy clutch? Was his spin a result of trying to run qualifying laps in an attempt to will a finicy brick of a car into competitiveness? I'm not sure.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 04:54 (Ref:1047301)   #48
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another vote for Button here, although I echo the sentiments of Snrub re Webber's race, certainly a top effort. However the vote must go to the guy (almost) at the pointy end of the field. Usual solid effort from MS, but nothing exceptional. The other possibility was Kimi, but not enough race time for a vote from me.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 05:18 (Ref:1047306)   #49
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Schumacher by miles for best driver.

Button for best drive,with one hand.
Old 26 Jul 2004, 06:11 (Ref:1047323)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Just a small comment but I'm surprised by the votes for Kimi. Is this sympathy or did he really do something special and I missed it?