Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 2 Jun 2006, 16:35 (Ref:1625570)   #26
croftmarshal
Rookie

England
Darlington
croftmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah looking forward to the pickups. legends too.

I been a bit stitched up for transport again this week. especially with me bike now awaiting recovery from the insurers.

All being well, i can get to croft on the saturday, just gotta preview the bus timetable for the sunday, or else im gonna have to get meself a lift sorted for the sunday.

If there is anyone passing thru darlington on sunday morning that wouldn't mind doing a pickup en route, I would be most grateful if they could pm me or put a reply up on here so we can arrange details.

pain in the butt now I aint got a motorbike at the mo, hopefully, gonna have a bit of luck soon. things picking up slowly.

crofty
Old 2 Jun 2006, 16:56 (Ref:1625580)   #27
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Darlington is not exactly on the Preston to Croft route, but if no other lifts appear then i'm sure I can make a detour.

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 2 Jun 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1625614)   #28
croftmarshal
Rookie

England
Darlington
cheers for the offer mike,

if i can't find anyone who is passing thru on sunday morning, then its much appreciated mate. However, I would never expect any fellow marshal to detour, especially past the circuit to double back on themeselves.

Many thanks for the offer mike. I will also note, there is a bus service to hurworth like i got last event, but the last sunday event i went to, i think the bus service didn't start til 10.30. I may use that yet all providing I can get to the circuit in time from hurworth,

I have had a couple of passing marshals pick me up as I was leaving croft village for the walk up to the circuit, which is nice of them too of course.

Just a big pain in the butt when your only form of trasport is cut out of the equasion. (if thats how you spell it).

so once again mike, i'll bear it in mind and many thanks.

If i need the llift on sunday, I will pm you on saturday night and let you know.

Steve (Gummy)
Old 2 Jun 2006, 18:38 (Ref:1625634)   #29
Mike Kelly 1
Veteran

England
Poole, Dorset (Scouser in exile!)
Mike Kelly 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK. I'll make sure that i check 10/10ths before I demolish the beer mountain that is currently residing in my fridge.. Hang on.... I've already dealt it a fatal blow this evening. Better stock it up for saturday. Then on Sunday morning, stock it up yet again for Sunday night. Isn't it great when the wifes away

Mike Kelly - Patron saint of public houses!
Old 3 Jun 2006, 12:39 (Ref:1626053)   #30
croftmarshal
Rookie

England
Darlington
bad news on a good day

Hey all,

Back in bed again. Had to cut today's meeting at croft short for the safety of myself and my team.

The tablets I am on were affecting me more than I imagined.
One of the other marshals got a bit concerneed when I fell asleep stood up on post and almost fell over.

Mind you, it was warm out there too, so the mix of heat and side effects didn't go too well.

Unfortunately, I shall not be attenting croft tomorrow, So many thanks to you mike for offering me a lift and to tony (sorry forgotten your surname) who immediately identified gummy boy on stopping for me en route to the circuit this morning.

I am going to take a bit of much needed rest and return when I am off the pills and safe to partake my duties as a marshal again.

Hopefully, for the next meeting in two weeks.

Bye for now all, thanks for everyone's concerns and see most of you all again soon.

Steve (gummy)
Old 3 Jun 2006, 13:10 (Ref:1626062)   #31
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did wonder if you'd make it, you're on way more painkillers than i was and i couldn't go back to work for a week afterwards. Your commitement is admirable, but you definately sound like you need the rest. If nothing else its a good excuse to get your family to wait on you hand and foot

I'm sure we'll see you soon enough
Old 3 Jun 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1626130)   #32
croftmarshal
Rookie

England
Darlington
cheers mate, i think it was too soon for me to be active again.

I'm doubled up in pain and the pain has got worse since this morning, i spent all afternoon in bed with a head bobbing about all over the place.

still, see you guys soon.

steve