Other 5 4.67%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Jun 2009, 19:42 (Ref:2477187)   #26
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I've always advocated that there should be a WDOTR poll.
The Webber DOTR poll? Isn't he always DOTR?
Old 7 Jun 2009, 20:32 (Ref:2477231)   #27
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going for Trulli. He did an excellent job. You couldn't have expected more, in my opinion.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2477249)   #28
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We all know the Brawn is the class of the field in car terms, but Jenson made sure it was untouchable. A fantastic flawless drive.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 21:58 (Ref:2477285)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well said in a few words.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2477321)   #30
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Jenson Button...
Old 7 Jun 2009, 23:54 (Ref:2477331)   #31
ezepze
Racer

Australia
south 'o' th border
ezepze should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button, faultless drive
Old 8 Jun 2009, 01:41 (Ref:2477359)   #32
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
hard to argue against Button but car obviously superior...Webber superb but helped by errors from 3 guys....Rosberg probably his best drive ever.
dead heat but give it to Potsy coz I can't vote for 2 or 3
Old 8 Jun 2009, 02:37 (Ref:2477368)   #33
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber! Sticking it to the young upstart.
He must win a GP this year. Seriously.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 03:33 (Ref:2477377)   #34
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't vote for Webber today, he had a poor start, and wasted his second row advantage.

Vettel, absolute numbskull! Ruined his own race and then had a big cry in the press conference because he had to stay behind Webber - it was your fault you went off the track loser! Almost as immature as this post of mine.

Now I've vented.

Complete respect for Button today. Pure class from the start, and showed everyone else how its done. Great mature drive with tremendous pace.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 05:37 (Ref:2477407)   #35
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tried to find a reason not to vote for Button, but couldn't. Fine drive, but was not seriously pushed. Would've liked to see Vettel stay on Button's gearbox.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 07:17 (Ref:2477432)   #36
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has to be Button.
Totally in control. Seemed to be playing with Vettel, letting him catch up while preseving tyres up until SebV ran out of time to make a serious attempt at getting past.

It is getting predictable though.

Webber and apart from his first lap slip Vettel deserve hon. mentions too.
Rosberg did very well, getting a lot closer to doing what Williams has promised all season and comiserations to Nakajima, was doing a very good job until that pit stop.

Ferrari fell short of promised improvement.

Cheers
Peter
Old 8 Jun 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2477449)   #37
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
hard to argue against Button but car obviously superior...
You had better remind Rubens of that!

Button for winning in style (I particularly liked the wiggle down the finish straight - worth 10/10 on it's own) and Rubens 10/10 for entertainment.

He made such a good rear-gunner for MS and helped him to many victories - yet he seems to leave JB to do it all on his own, which makes him look bad and Jenson look even better!
Old 8 Jun 2009, 10:45 (Ref:2477571)   #38
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historically I have not voted for the winner because they tend to be the person in the best car, not the one who does sonething special or out performes the equipment.

This year, though, Button has proved the exception to my rule, again.

He was well above anyone else.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2477603)   #39
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Nakajima did a very good job but was screwed by his pitcrew.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 17:04 (Ref:2477784)   #40
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi,

I voted for him so his name won't be completely forgotten.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2477804)   #41
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kimi who ?
Old 8 Jun 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2477815)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Kimi,

Not because he was DoTR then?
Old 8 Jun 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2477961)   #43
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I went with Mark Webber. Quote from Christian Horner:
Quote:
Then there was a tremendous middle stint from Mark, a really impressive middle stint with a heavy car. He did a very impressive job. He was just quicker in the middle stint and that is what flipped them around. Mark, you mustn't take anything away from it because it was an exceptionally good drive.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 23:59 (Ref:2478021)   #44
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Kimi,

His bank manager will not forget his name, don't worry F1Pete!
Old 9 Jun 2009, 00:42 (Ref:2478041)   #45
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Kimi,

Do you meant the Raikkonen part ?
Old 9 Jun 2009, 01:31 (Ref:2478059)   #46
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Another vote for Button here, he was just superb.

Honourable mentions to Webber and Rosberg.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 04:05 (Ref:2478093)   #47
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel for me. He showed maturity by not disobeying and going after Mark. Just another step to the world championship.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 11:40 (Ref:2478320)   #48
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's just say I am on the verge of writing Kimi Raikkonen off. Remember the Merc days when he would start at the back of the grid and end up on the podium rain or shine?

Is the Ferrari really that bad? Will he ever be voted DoTR again?
Old 9 Jun 2009, 16:01 (Ref:2478472)   #49
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Do you meant the Raikkonen part ?
It's a lot easier to say Kimi than Räikkönen. I would not even know how to say it correctly! Even his own F3 team, which is correctly known as Räikkönen Robertson Racing is usually referred to as Double R Racing.

He normally goes quite well at Silverstone and especially at Spa, but this year it's very much down to the car.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2478479)   #50
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Let's just say I am on the verge of writing Kimi Raikkonen off. Remember the Merc days when he would start at the back of the grid and end up on the podium rain or shine?

Is the Ferrari really that bad? Will he ever be voted DoTR again?
Yes.

Maybe.