Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 7 Jun 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2892936)   #26
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is the proper Forza 4 wheel..... WOW
http://www.virtualr.net/fanatec-forz...eel-uncovered/
Old 7 Jun 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2893079)   #27
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Here is the proper Forza 4 wheel..... WOW
http://www.virtualr.net/fanatec-forz...eel-uncovered/
Someone needs to come up with an affordable wheel now the official Xbox wheel is no longer in production. I applaud Fanatec for their wheels, though I've never tried one myself, but there needs to be something cheaper that more people can afford. Something that's not rubbish anyway.

The current situation is a joke. The last time I was in Game they had an Xbox wheel that was £129.99 and it didn't even have force feedback. Whats all that about? I paid that for a G25 3-4 years ago.

The Forza series has been Microsoft's flagship racing title for years, but I just don't get their strategy with wheels. I'd love to know what the licencing issues with Microsoft are since every man and his dog has produced half-decent wheels that are PS3 compatible.

Okay, that turned into a bit of a rant, but I find it all such a wasted opportunity.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 11:40 (Ref:2897986)   #28
devil_angel
Rookie

devil_angel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At E3, MS revealed a wireless wheel which is a funny looking stick(a kinect prop) which costs 60$. Fanatec revealed two wheels: the CSR and the CSR elite. The elite would cost around 700$ while the normal CSR would be around 350$. Mad Catz also announced 2 Xbox steering wheels with the cheaper variant available for 320$ or so later this year. So much for affordable wheels :/
Old 20 Jul 2011, 06:59 (Ref:2928822)   #29
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
found out last night that the fanatec wheel on its own is 250 euro (ouch!) but comes with a connector for the G25/G27 pedals. at least some people are thinking of interoperability even if M$ aren't. now can i justify getting that wheel....
Old 20 Jul 2011, 14:02 (Ref:2929013)   #30
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of these adverts at the bottom of threads are just brilliant!

Old 20 Jul 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2929189)   #31
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Some of these adverts at the bottom of threads are just brilliant!

Includes flaps!!!!!

Back on to wheels - in FM3 there is a very severe, utterly annoying steering override which makes catching a slide or drifting ludicrously hard. Best way i can explain it is stick sensitivity. During a normal turn you might crank the stick hard right but the game steering input is relatively minor, usually resulting in less turn than you want. It makes getting the back end out, especially under braking, very hard. But if you use throttle to kick the arse out instead, the counter steer is far bigger in game than the initial steer in to the corner, despite the same amount of input on the stick. The result, especially if you were trying to catch a slide during a race, is usually massive over correction and a spin.

With the cheapo logitech wheel i got the reactions were the same and i found no way of turning it off. It made for a very un-life like driving experience and has been a major disappointment in my FM3 experience.

So, does anyone with the fanatec wheel know if this can be adjusted or deactivated on that wheel or does it suffer the same issue? 'cos there is no way i'm gonna spend that amount of cash if the game doesn't translate my inputs without that exaggeration.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2929401)   #32
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Its to do with the tyre modelling in game. The ''lump'' is there to stay.

According to Inside Sim Racing, the ''lump'' is completely gone for FM4, which is great!
Old 21 Jul 2011, 20:11 (Ref:2929560)   #33
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
in that case stuff it then. not sure a wheel that price is worth one game and i have a perfectly sweet wheel for everything else, its only FM i'm frustrated by. damn you microsoft.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 11:21 (Ref:2930085)   #34
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatic View Post
in that case stuff it then. not sure a wheel that price is worth one game and i have a perfectly sweet wheel for everything else, its only FM i'm frustrated by. damn you microsoft.
Old 9 Sep 2011, 14:12 (Ref:2953156)   #35
F50GTPlus
Rookie

F50GTPlus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has there been any information on whether this wheel could be a cheaper alternative to the fanatec

http://www.gizmag.com/xbox-360-wirel...d-wheel/18871/
Old 9 Sep 2011, 18:02 (Ref:2953266)   #36
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Wheels available for the 360 for next year will be (cheapest to dearest):

Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia - under £100
Madcatz Xbox 360 Wheel - around £100
Madcatz Xbox 360 Wheel (with FFB) - about £120
Fanatec 360 Wheel - £400-odd?
Old 10 Sep 2011, 20:52 (Ref:2953629)   #37
F50GTPlus
Rookie

F50GTPlus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was just surprised to find on the Xbox website that this wheel will sell for $59.99 and will be released this coming October

http://www.xbox.com:80/en-US/Xbox360...ntrollers/Home
Old 12 Sep 2011, 17:25 (Ref:2954574)   #38
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Such a shame Xbox doesn't have USB compatability to run other wheels. The Fanatec is an awesome wheel but comes at a price. Would be great to run a G25 or G27 and be able to use on PC, PS3 and Xbox. I have a Ferrari F430 wheel, only cost £75 and I think it's really good, works well on GT5 on PS3 too. But obviously not on Xbox, which is a shame as Forza 4 deserves more game time but there's no way I'm buying another wheel just for the Xbox!!

However the - Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia - under £100 - mentioned above does sound interesting...
Old 12 Sep 2011, 22:14 (Ref:2954730)   #39
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
It's not about USB compatibility, I have a Logitech Driving Force Ex which is an XBox360 wheel and that plugs into the USB port.

It's about the way that the FFB is delivered (something to do with the coding) Sony and Playstation went the same way as PC's years ago with the PS2 and the Logitech Driving force pro and made absolutely the right descision. M$ -on the other hand- decided to reinvent the wheel (literally) and by doing so prevented other companies making Force Feedback wheels for a very long time so that they could sell their own overpriced and substandard Microsoft Wheel.

Buying a Fanatec does not mean buying an expensive wheel 'just for the XBox' it is possible to get your hands on a Fanatec GT2 and pedals for about the same price as a new Logitech G27 and then have pretty much the best wheel on the market which works on PS3, PC and XBox.

And considering that the PS3 doesn't actually have any decent exclusive racing games at the moment while the XBox has several as well as Forza4 coming soon, a Fanatec would be well worth the investment.

Perry McCarthy
Old 12 Sep 2011, 22:23 (Ref:2954734)   #40
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Wheels available for the 360 for next year will be (cheapest to dearest):

Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia - under £100
Madcatz Xbox 360 Wheel - around £100
Madcatz Xbox 360 Wheel (with FFB) - about £120
Fanatec 360 Wheel - £400-odd?

Fanatec GT2 + Pedals about £250 depending when you catch the £'s to Euros exchange rate. Buy today and it'd be about £241 according to XE currency converter.

Last edited by jonboy1066; 12 Sep 2011 at 22:31.

Perry McCarthy
Old 14 Sep 2011, 00:21 (Ref:2955206)   #41
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
My microsoft wheel really did let me down tonight in a TORA Touring Car race... The thing put my car down a gear, and then paused the game, both at the same time, and it happened to do it while I was in second place with another car right up my chuff along the start finish straight....

Safety Car material!

Managed to fight my way back up to third from last though.
Old 8 Nov 2011, 21:21 (Ref:2983283)   #42
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.gizmag.com/xbox-360-wirel...d-wheel/18871/

I have the above wheel, after a few practice races i'm used to it, and enjoying it. Very good piece of kit.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant