Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Dec 2009, 08:57 (Ref:2599298)   #26
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
The side skirt space is quite often used for the "contra" advertising for the signwriter, oil company, clothing supplier, truck rental mob etc. which can add up to a fair bit of monies worth.
Now these will have to be moved somewhere else on the car taking up paying advertising space.
Also what happens when teamX has a deal with castrol to supply lubricants and they have a small sticker on the side of the car in exchange and AVESCO sell the whole side skirt to Mobil. Try explaining that one to your sponsor.
Or how about if its something potentially controversial, like the XXXX Safety Car deal for Nissan. Imagine if the series official bourbon sponsor had to be placed on, say for example the allaboutjesus.com car?
Old 14 Dec 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2599310)   #27
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Holly Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assumed when I saw the 'A Better Deal For Fujitsu Teams' headline it was going to include...

- being integrated into the 'same day' TV package
- being integrated into the V8XTRA TV program
- having proper representation on the V8 Supercar website
- more track time at more high-profile times of day (i.e. not force into 20min sessions at 9am).

At the very least, the main series teams could be less active in back-dooring Fujitsu team's sponsorship deals, and maybe hold back on the level of extortion that goes on regarding parts supply, etc.

If the main series teams actually need to give co-drivers miles in this series now, they might want it to be something approaching financially viable, you'd think...
Old 14 Dec 2009, 09:26 (Ref:2599315)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly Wood View Post
I assumed when I saw the 'A Better Deal For Fujitsu Teams' headline it was going to include...

- being integrated into the 'same day' TV package
- being integrated into the V8XTRA TV program
- having proper representation on the V8 Supercar website
- more track time at more high-profile times of day (i.e. not force into 20min sessions at 9am).

At the very least, the main series teams could be less active in back-dooring Fujitsu team's sponsorship deals, and maybe hold back on the level of extortion that goes on regarding parts supply, etc.

If the main series teams actually need to give co-drivers miles in this series now, they might want it to be something approaching financially viable, you'd think...
The only one you missed... running after 3pm, after the main game, on the AFL-inspired Sunday, when 90% of the crowd has already gone home
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Dec 2009, 09:54 (Ref:2599326)   #29
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The only one you missed... running after 3pm, after the main game, on the AFL-inspired Sunday, when 90% of the crowd has already gone home
That was included in my track time dot point (just not the example I used for it).

It will be very interesting to see what happens to this series in 2010 if the enduro rule is in play.

If the main series teams do need to run cars to bring drivers up to speed, there may actually be effort put into series promotion, so that genuine sponsors can be acquired.

Then, if you present a company a package where they receive full space on a V8 Supercar in the Fujitsu Series, a minor sponsorship of the main series car, and give them access to the IP of the main series 'superstar' driver for promotional purposes, you could probably ask somewhere north of the $40K quoted earlier in this thread...

Or am I just dreaming GTR?
Old 14 Dec 2009, 10:15 (Ref:2599333)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hopefully not dreaming

Its interesting that VESA are looking to assist with producing a marketing package to put to potential sponsors for the class

Maybe its a step in the right direction, but it would be a brave man who would think a category agreement like the main game VESA one would work for the development series?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 14 Dec 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2599344)   #31
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hopefully not dreaming

Its interesting that VESA are looking to assist with producing a marketing package to put to potential sponsors for the class
Some interesting parts to that package as well

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 17 Dec 2009, 01:06 (Ref:2601082)   #32
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Care to elaborate on that mtpanorama?

One would have thought that if Damien White was any good at putting together sponsorship proposals, he would actually be driving in the series...
Old 17 Dec 2009, 01:38 (Ref:2601092)   #33
CooperS79
Racer

Australia
Wollongong
CooperS79 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Care to elaborate on that mtpanorama?

One would have thought that if Damien White was any good at putting together sponsorship proposals, he would actually be driving in the series...
Old 18 Dec 2009, 01:46 (Ref:2601698)   #34
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Howard Racing Considers a Holden Future

presumably using 888 engineered ex Paul Morris Motorsport VEs

http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2009/12/...holden-future/
Old 18 Dec 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2601764)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Sister car to the championship winner

$139k without a gearbox, the ad in AA said something about $150k with a sequential box, $200k with a second engine & gearbox & panel set.

Not bad for FPR-spec gear... the car is allegedly still at Campbellfield gathering dust on the corner...

Conceptually a championship contender with the right prep & pilot...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 18 Dec 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2601766)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
presumably using 888 engineered ex Paul Morris Motorsport VEs

http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2009/12/...holden-future/
Why would you think PMM is the chassis of choice here?

I would have imagined, being a happy 888 customer who still gets bits and pieces serviced there, that an 888-inspired Commodore would be the weapon to get...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 18 Dec 2009, 09:01 (Ref:2601786)   #37
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
according to the latest article on the official site 888 have 8 VE's under construction. 2 PMM, 2 for 888, a spare each and Howard get the handmedowns when the last 2 come on board?????
Old 18 Dec 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2602045)   #38
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Why would you think PMM is the chassis of choice here?

I would have imagined, being a happy 888 customer who still gets bits and pieces serviced there, that an 888-inspired Commodore would be the weapon to get...
888 chassis would no doubt be the weapon of choice, but at $500k a pop a big commitment for a development series team. Unless Howard is being provided cars to run a development series program for 888’s endurance drivers.

Not too many surplus VEs at present and the PMM cars are the pick of the bunch that are.
Old 19 Dec 2009, 08:12 (Ref:2602258)   #39
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Aren't there multiple VEs from Perkins/Kelly, Rogers, Tasman and Walkinshaw floating around too though? I'd have thought there'd be plenty of surplus VEs by now... considering how few have ever been sold by the above mentioned teams.
Old 19 Dec 2009, 08:13 (Ref:2602259)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Will Mr McGill be back?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2602268)   #41
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where'd the pick come from GTR? Seems like a hack job of one of Nick Moss' designs...

And they won't be using a FG Falcon next year?
Old 19 Dec 2009, 09:10 (Ref:2602271)   #42
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Aren't there multiple VEs from Perkins/Kelly, Rogers, Tasman and Walkinshaw floating around too though? I'd have thought there'd be plenty of surplus VEs by now... considering how few have ever been sold by the above mentioned teams.
Perkins / Kelly = 0 until Todd's Waneroo car is repaired or replaced
Rogers = 2 will be 3 after a few rounds
Tasman = 2 2007 built cars, this year’s cars are earmarked for use by Greg Murphy Racing in the dev series
Walkinshaw = 0 an additional car is being built for BJR's 3rd entry
Morris = 1 will be 2 after a few rounds
Rosenberg = 1
Triple F = 1

With COF pending HRT & BJR have announced they intend to stick with their current cars until the end of 2011, BJR's will be 5 seasons old by then.
Old 19 Dec 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2602280)   #43
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
So by the time the Fujitsu Series starts in Adelaide, there should be around 12 VEs ready and waiting for someone with the funds to go and race them...

Let's see how many come out to play!
Old 19 Dec 2009, 10:38 (Ref:2602289)   #44
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Where'd the pick come from GTR? Seems like a hack job of one of Nick Moss' designs...

And they won't be using a FG Falcon next year?
Straight off the AMM website
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Dec 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2603455)   #45
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any News On Moffat????? I am going to go out on a Limb and say denyer and moffat in a 2 car DJR assult on the Fujitsu Series. With Denyer to partner Webb in the enduros and Moffat to Partner either JC or Jnr at The Enduros, taking into account that Luff is already signed for 2010 as an enduro driver
Old 21 Dec 2009, 23:58 (Ref:2603459)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
Any News On Moffat????? I am going to go out on a Limb and say denyer and moffat in a 2 car DJR assult on the Fujitsu Series. With Denyer to partner Webb in the enduros and Moffat to Partner either JC or Jnr at The Enduros, taking into account that Luff is already signed for 2010 as an enduro driver
Taking over Mr Webb's car at MWM is the way the story was explained. FPR enduro drive awaits... Frosty or Richo?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Dec 2009, 01:13 (Ref:2603484)   #47
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'd say Brabs with Frosty? so Moff with Richo... or maybe Dumbrell?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 01:22 (Ref:2603487)   #48
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has it been confirmed brabham is talking with FPR?

Depending on Main Game Driver form and Championship position, driver set-up and relative performance issues aswell.

Don't think FPR will know who to put where untill after a few test days and potentially Moff Jnr's Development series form.\

My tip assuming lead drivers are performing as is would be Frosty & Richo together, if thats not the case than Moffet with Frosty as he will be sharper than Brabham in a V8SC, but who knows.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 02:01 (Ref:2603496)   #49
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought i read somewhere Brabs would be there. Frosty & Richo won't be together, new rules, driver stays in regular car. Have Canto and Youlden been resigned?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 02:59 (Ref:2603506)   #50
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Brabham was quoted at Homebush saying a team had enquired re his interest and that the dates did not clash. It has been presumed to be FPR based on his previous drives for the team in 05 & 06 when he was a Prodrive driver, but isn't currently.