Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Aug 2001, 18:49 (Ref:131365)   #26
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stephen, I thought the local radio bit already existed. Certainly earlier in the season, on the Friday before a race, the selected local radio station (eg Century FM for Oulton) were giving away race tickets all day.
This year I've not seen any TV ads for the circuits when they have bigger events on like the BTCC, in previous years the BHLG circuits always seemed to run TV ads.
Lack of publicity is an issue. How many local papers make the effort to cover motorsport? Kurt Luby is from Bolton, but if you read the Bolton Evening News you'd never have know he drove the Lexus this year. Has the Wilmslow Advertiser (might have the name wrong there, only see the Wilmslow papers if anyone brings them into work) ever done a feature on John or the team? Local papers seem to be of the opinion that if it ain't football, it ain't going in the sport pages.
As for at the circuit itself, this is a developing year for the BTCC and has to be viewed as such, however, I do think that the BTCC needs a better support package than the one which it currently has.
Finally, there's cost, going watching the BTCC is just too expensive. I knew that eventually with prices rising the way they have season after season it would reach the day where I'd soon be priced out of going to races, well, I think that day might have already arrived.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 19:33 (Ref:131379)   #27
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Ok, my turn...
Family tickets. How are a family supposed to afford to go to a BTCC meeting? Why not have a ticket that costs say £30 or £40 but for that, you could get two adults and up to 4 chilren into the circuit?

If the BBC were to pull their finger from their rear ends and get on with some decent coverage, not only the Touring Cars but the support races, then manufacturers would come back I'm sure.

Why didn't I think of family tickets?? Thats a great idea! I am one of 5 kids so I know what it feels like to have to overpay when going to sporting events.

Why doesn't anybody send some mail to the BBC or call them up and harass them about their coverage? Tell them that the customer is ALWAYS
Old 16 Aug 2001, 19:35 (Ref:131382)   #28
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... as I was saying, the customer is always right!
Old 16 Aug 2001, 21:12 (Ref:131421)   #29
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Westie will have to do something soon, otherwise the inteest will soon wane and the ETCC will dominate European Tourng Cars and that is where the teams will go.
Old 16 Aug 2001, 21:24 (Ref:131435)   #30
scotsman
Rookie

scotsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Families ..

I took the family last week to Croft , a bewildered wife (slowly converting to motorsport freak) 2 kids , 3 and 9 , sat soaked to the skin to watch the guys flying round .
Never mind 35k crowds , I arrived late at croft and with the old flask and coolbox and me chairs, planked my backside 2 inches from the fence at Clervaux and had stuff like Jim Edwards Wing mirror flying at us etc etc ..
Where else can you get so close to what you want to see
It is what it is , good motorsport fun.
What did it cost me ? £40 , petrol , sarnies and a wet backside ... great.
Yeah , make it cheaper ... vauxhall dealers should be punting tickets ... instead of punting bloody credit cards at the race.
Sorry for whining on , but things can get a bit whey-layed.
See y'all @ Oulton
(my birthday - Mum and Dad driving down from Glasgow for the race)