Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Sep 2007, 00:31 (Ref:2023088)   #26
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
If this thread is already out there mod's please

, IMO the EC thing as the last round might be an indication they are trying for Homebush as the last round, but as a safeguard have EC to keep the last round in sydney if they can't get Homebush, EC done a good job in it's previous times as the last round, ).
Homebush is never going to happen for a V8 Supercar race.Last year the state government had the good sense to tell The Artist that if he and his renowned event and infrastructure experts-Tiffany Lamb and Michael Slater-thought it was such a great idea they could fund it themselves.This years little "leak" to Motorsport News that the race was "back on the agenda" was a delusional fantasy on the part of The Artist .
Old 26 Sep 2007, 01:00 (Ref:2023097)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It can be on the agenda... but it doesnt mean it will happen....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Sep 2007, 02:04 (Ref:2023107)   #28
Fransiscus
Rookie

Fransiscus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agenda Item #13 - Homebush Race - carried forward until next meeting

Agenda Item #14 - Townsville Race - carried forward until next meeting

Agenda Item #15 - Tony Cochrane's resignation - refer Dr. J.H.

Old 26 Sep 2007, 02:14 (Ref:2023110)   #29
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur
I do agree, way too many incidents down there in the last 10 years. I think it was 2 deaths within 3 years. Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone.
Hansford Turn 1.5
An MG racer (who's name escapes me) Turn 6
Flack Turn 8
McColl turn 4
Rider at Bike GP (local support race) a few years ago

Countless serious injuries, especially on 2 wheels, over the years.

Being a fast track means crashes are at high speed and can cause serious injuries or worse.

To get back on topic, did they have any Grandstands up for the Grande Finale last year??
Old 26 Sep 2007, 03:18 (Ref:2023124)   #30
888_Fan
Racer

888_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is ridiculous. We were promised all year it would be announced at Sandown. Then it was yesterday...and still no word....

I can understand it is an enormous task to organise the calendar and get all the ducks lined up in a row, but to have two seperate dates pass and still no word is not acceptable in my books....
Old 26 Sep 2007, 03:38 (Ref:2023131)   #31
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur
I'm tipping it was a slow news week in the MN newsroom. We would have seen by now a calendar if it was coming out yesterday. I'd say VESA are going to hold off this week and announce next week in-amongst the build up to the 1000.
or maybe they might actually do it at Bathurst, as every year it is done at Sandown so they might want to still do it at a meeting.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 04:11 (Ref:2023151)   #32
garbo6
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
garbo6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888_Fan
This is ridiculous. We were promised all year it would be announced at Sandown. Then it was yesterday...and still no word....

I can understand it is an enormous task to organise the calendar and get all the ducks lined up in a row, but to have two seperate dates pass and still no word is not acceptable in my books....
V8SA has never set a date for an announcement, it has only been speculation in magazines that have suggested dates.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 04:30 (Ref:2023160)   #33
Fransiscus
Rookie

Fransiscus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbo6
V8SA has never set a date for an announcement, it has only been speculation in magazines that have suggested dates.
Yes they have, they had a big fan fare thing a couple of years ago and invited the media and all the track owners/race promoters.

They announced the calendar that didn't inlcude Eastern Creek, but forgot to tell EC before the announcment, so here they are, sitting there from EC just to find out they didn't have a round.

That is called huge egg on face, maybe that is why they have never done it again.

What a bunch of whackers these VESA people are.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 04:37 (Ref:2023162)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fransiscus
What a bunch of whackers these VESA people are.
They dont appear to have a meaningful open dialog with their circuit promoters.... laying all the issues on the table, to improve the world on a collaborative basis.

This issue can be laid squarely at the feet of VESA... and its apparently dictatorial chairman....

The other option of course... if the VESA mob thought they were clever... would be to initiate a circuit hire for each event and have AVESCO events (or whatever it is called now) run each round of the championship.

Or were the burnt fingers from Eastern Creek too much to sustain?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Sep 2007, 04:40 (Ref:2023163)   #35
Fig Jam
Rookie

Fig Jam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you remember that happening GTR?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 07:49 (Ref:2023231)   #36
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AAP are now running the story that the Sandown 500 has definately been dropped.
Still no quotes from anyone at VESCA yet I certainly haven't got anything yet but then I'd be about the last one on their list.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 07:53 (Ref:2023233)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
AA suggests the calendar has been signed off by the TEGA titans and the VESA vegemites... however it needs to be ratified by the FIA or somesuch, hence the delay....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Sep 2007, 08:03 (Ref:2023241)   #38
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Link to the AAP Story. http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.a...oryName=421947
As I said no quotes from anybody from either VESCA or the MRC and still no official word from either. Surely the man from AAP isn't running this as a "fait acomplie" based on the Motorsport News story?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 08:25 (Ref:2023248)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
Link to the AAP Story. http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.a...oryName=421947
As I said no quotes from anybody from either VESCA or the MRC and still no official word from either. Surely the man from AAP isn't running this as a "fait acomplie" based on the Motorsport News story?
Interesting that the article continues to refer to AVESCO...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 26 Sep 2007, 08:46 (Ref:2023260)   #40
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe the Calendar as shown in MN enews is pretty spot on.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:58 (Ref:2023379)   #41
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So when the "official" 2008 calendar comes out, can someone please be kind enough to post it? THANKS.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 26 Sep 2007, 11:42 (Ref:2023476)   #42
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
thats really poor.two rounds in victoria in a row, both in the coldest month

and the 3rd round will be in may

in fact we got to victoria 3 times in 5 rounds

any guesses why the EC round is held in December, wont matter ive been theer at that time of year and it still rained (red flag because of rain actually) of course it was 40 degrees also
Old 26 Sep 2007, 21:55 (Ref:2023913)   #43
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't there a clause that it can't be made official until the FIA lock in the F1 calendar, or has that laready happened?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 23:45 (Ref:2023964)   #44
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
thats really poor.two rounds in victoria in a row, both in the coldest month

and the 3rd round will be in may

in fact we got to victoria 3 times in 5 rounds

any guesses why the EC round is held in December, wont matter ive been theer at that time of year and it still rained (red flag because of rain actually) of course it was 40 degrees also
Climatically and promotionally it would be better to swap Sandown in May with Eastern Creek in December.It is traditionally harder to draw touring car crowds after Bathurst in N.S.W. (sort of like playing a football match after the grand final) and it would give Sandown the potentially more glamourous final round as compensation for losing the 500.The delay since Tuesday is making me think The Artist hasn't quite got all his ducks in a row.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 01:57 (Ref:2024005)   #45
pascofi m-sport
Racer

Australia
pascofi m-sport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sandown needs to stay.

It fits in nicely with the rest of the season, plus it gives us all a good form guide for Bathurst, we can keep WA, NT and Tassie as they are, if they dump Qld Raceway that's okay. But keep in mind that within the next five years Oran Park will (possibly) have the same 'death' as both Warwick Farm and Amaroo, turned into housing because they don't know how to go around.

Oran Park needs to stay for at least two more years, so we can give it a fitting finale. Apparently Mr Perich is already planning the 'Farewell Oran Park' party, with four days of action and with every category that he can get his hands on, how 'bout that for a send-off!

If you read an old issue of AMC (i think two years ago), Mark Oastler (editor and historic car fanatic), had a great idea how to replicate the Oran Park crossover, build it at Queensland Raceway. The idea was to have the track crossover halfway between turns 2 and 3, go the other way through turn 3, then cross back over and re-join at turn four with the rest of the track left as it is now. At least we would still have a unique feature living on, albeit over the border in Queensland, so that gives those mighty Qld'ers at least two years to work that design into their 'boring' track. Then you will see a bit more action.

Hurry up and get the calendar out TEGA and co, so we can start booking tickets!
Old 27 Sep 2007, 03:54 (Ref:2024026)   #46
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckster
me to, i was hot then it rained and i was wet and hot and then a Ford won the day and the championship, but i still enjoyed the day.

although i would ike OP to have the last round send off after all the years good racing it has provided us.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 06:29 (Ref:2024066)   #47
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
an unpalatable reality ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
AA suggests the calendar has been signed off by the TEGA titans and the VESA vegemites... however it needs to be ratified by the FIA or somesuch, hence the delay....
Delay eh, try the AFL set their fixtures, 7 in association with Foxtel & 10, agree the TV scheduling of the AFL, then & only then 7 whistle up the boy Cochrane ... the AFL fixtures are weeks off yet.
Old 27 Sep 2007, 06:41 (Ref:2024077)   #48
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm interested that with PI's reputation for eating tyres no one has mentioned what the last few laps o0f an enduro would be like.
The pit/paddock link and the pits themselves could be a bit marginal unless they have been upgraded since I was there a couple of years back.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 23:44 (Ref:2028426)   #49
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So emnews has the scoop again - this time with dates.

One interesting thing I see is Clipsal in 08 is running Sunday to Wednesday, does anyone know if the Clipsal organisers will give refunds on tickets - I really cant afford to have 3 days off work for the V8s
Old 2 Oct 2007, 01:25 (Ref:2028469)   #50
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony
The pit/paddock link and the pits themselves could be a bit marginal unless they have been upgraded since I was there a couple of years back.
Pit lane and garages no better than Sandown, but it has plenty of corporate room over the pit lane, which is what TC and Friends are looking for.

The plans have been drawn up to upgrade the pit buildings, pit lane and paddock. As to when thats going to happen, no idea. Linfox still fighting local council and state government over plans for the whole complex.