Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jul 2002, 15:48 (Ref:329494)   #26
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Bain of Octagon has apparently had enough of these monster egos and just quit
Old 8 Jul 2002, 16:29 (Ref:329512)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just read it on Autosprout. Whatever we think of Octagon's motives they certainly did very well this weekend. Bain and his team deserve support not criticism.
Old 8 Jul 2002, 20:39 (Ref:329745)   #28
El_Gibleto
Veteran

El_Gibleto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The revised road syatem was a great improvement, I was able to drive home on on sunday (leaving the circuit c5.15pm) with hardly any delay, obviously there will always be some trafic delays when several thousand cars start moving at the same time. I've had much longer delays getting away from Brands Hatch, with a much smaller crowd than I did yesterday, indeed several people I know had said that it was as easy to get into the circuit as it normally was on a test day! So for a much improved road system, well done octagon.
Old 9 Jul 2002, 08:20 (Ref:329986)   #29
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Um just a comment and it will sound *****y but I think it needs to be said.

From the information I've seen in the Marshals Forum and other sources, the nice car parking etc. you enjoyed were provided at the expense of the marshals' campsite. Marshals were sited nearly 30 minutes walk away from the sign on point as a result, with insufficient shower/toilet facilities.

I don't doubt that the Octagon team put a lot of work into the Silverstone infrastructure and more power to them - but there has to be a happy medium where spectators AND marshals can get the best possible facilities?