Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jun 2004, 08:32 (Ref:1010440)   #26
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yepp..but people does condemn him from one mistake

I'm fully aware that what we saw in USGP won't garantee a future WDC, but still, he's proven exciting and sensible (if he tried).

I'm impressed with his overtaking moves at all the "wrong" places, and also his commitment to overtake when Panis made a rather rude and sudden jinx into his path when Sato's planning to overtake.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 08:36 (Ref:1010446)   #27
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good race, typical of him, but luckier for once.

I'd like to know Sato san's opinion about
Old 21 Jun 2004, 08:43 (Ref:1010458)   #28
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I for one my NOT impress the way Sato pushed Trulli of track to gain 3rd I think trulli should feel cheated out of a position and poduim .
That said a congrats to Sato as he was charging through the bulk of the race to hs 1st podium (tainted as it is IME)
Sato pace is good real good ! and may I just say he is showing up JB abit of late

I'll get off my soap box now

Last edited by Mark Webber; 21 Jun 2004 at 08:45.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 08:50 (Ref:1010467)   #29
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congrats to Taku for his storming drive. One of the few good things to come out of the GP.

He's certainly not shy behing the wheel is he? I can't remeber the last time I was passing like that.

Despite the odd hiccup now and again I think he is slowly beginning to mature as a driver.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 09:26 (Ref:1010493)   #30
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Good job he wasn't in the second Ferrari.
I know Peter, I know. I cant imagine Sato-san will have Rubens' 'patience'.;

Well done Taku.

Last edited by Led ZeppF1; 21 Jun 2004 at 09:27.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 09:33 (Ref:1010500)   #31
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
I for one my NOT impress the way Sato pushed Trulli of track to gain 3rd I think trulli should feel cheated out of a position and poduim .
No, Sato didnt push Trulli off track. According to Sato, he saw Jarno hesitate on the oil flag and took opportunity.

And Truli admit to lifted because there were flags in the banking. "And he (Sato) passed me into the first corner," he said.

http://www.grandprix.com/race/r722racenotes.html

Last edited by Led ZeppF1; 21 Jun 2004 at 09:34.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 09:35 (Ref:1010503)   #32
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe taku's action was not the cleanest ever, but Trulli knows perfectly that Sato was outpacing him fair and square, and that he had no chance to save his 3rd position.
Had Sato differed hius move, he would have done it with no problem wherever after.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 12:31 (Ref:1010664)   #33
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
I'd like to know Sato san's opinion about
I thought Taku drove with class and style , but then , its nothing new for some us us ,weve been seeing it for years....Our judgement hasnt been clouded by gossip and peer pressure to knock him for just standing by what he believes a Racing Driver should be . I still agree that some of the critism is fair point , but i belive the vast majority of the critism hailed against him is has been throughly over the top...

Taku is very fast indeed , has fantastic agression in a race car , he wants to race people that are sometimes more keen to let their pit crew do the racing for them ( which to me isnt the what the Pinnicle of motorsport should be ) ....

Taku is a breath of fresh air to a sport that has seen far better days in terms of excitement for the fans ...the way he carved through the feild after his pitstop was a sign of what Taku is about IMO

Go Taku !....I also feel Jenson will be feeling the heat now , Taku is slowly putting pressure on Jenson to up his game , this could be a interesting part of the season coming up for us all to see , But then that is what we all want to seeisnt it , Jenson pushing Taku , and Taku putting pressure back on Jenson ..then they both go faster !

Last edited by Sato san; 21 Jun 2004 at 12:36.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 16:09 (Ref:1010954)   #34
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
videos

As a blatant JPM fan, I now also list myself as a Taku fan.

He sure is spicing things up with his talents and style.
Here are three video clips of Sato's INDI adventure:

http://homepage.mac.com/emeseditoria...heater128.html

Sato on Trulli

Sato's and Panis's adventure, 2 clips:

http://homepage.mac.com/emeseditoria...heater127.html

Sato on Panis

http://homepage.mac.com/emeseditoria...heater126.html

Sato on Panis 2
Old 21 Jun 2004, 16:11 (Ref:1010957)   #35
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All in all, a fine performance from Taku. To me, a vindication of his aggressive style. I feel it is very important for a driver to establish his style and make his point early and often, even at the risk of a mistake or two. All the greats have done it that way. Taku is now rightly recognized as a driver who is GOING TO have a go by applying pressure, instead of waiting for a mistake. Other drivers must now think about when it's going to come, when he is behind them. A tremendous psychological advantage.

The speed channel commentators, particularly David Hobbs, were in absolute wonderment at the size of Takumas' kohones, particularly in dealing with Panis and Trulli! They loved it as well.

They also mentioned a GP drivers meeting recently, where DC came up to Taku and said "I would not have tried that move on Rubens", to which Taku's reply was, "I know!"

Priceless.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 17:26 (Ref:1011076)   #36
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At the start of the season there was a thread speculating the virtues of the BAR team-mates.

Button was race trained from a small boy, he is the smoother more technical of the pair (not to mention more experienced) Sato drives with raw-agression, we who watched him in F3 recognised this. Sato will be the faster of the pair on the faster corner/circuits. He will also not shy from attacking Michael (given half a chance) Michael's instinctively aware of this trait, note his two threatening moves (so called 'position defending') moves on Sato before the first turn. Sato won't be itimidated by him...just as he feared no-one in F3.

Jenson's the one driving with his head however who can be depended on to gather points and trophies for the team.

Sato adds great value...and a irresistable fear factor!

Last edited by Rennen; 21 Jun 2004 at 17:29.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 21:14 (Ref:1011327)   #37
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Taku is a breath of fresh air to a sport that has seen far better days in terms of excitement for the fans ...
Indeed. I didn't think it was possible in modernday F1, but it is...
Old 21 Jun 2004, 21:16 (Ref:1011330)   #38
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Sato.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 21:22 (Ref:1011339)   #39
Utopian
Rookie

Utopian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, congratulations to Takuma..easily the most impressive driver in the GP.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 03:39 (Ref:1011602)   #40
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Re: videos

Quote:
Originally posted by race aficionado
As a blatant JPM fan, I now also list myself as a Taku fan.
Me too.
Old 22 Jun 2004, 14:11 (Ref:1012121)   #41
f1_smiley
Rookie

f1_smiley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Re: videos

Quote:
Originally posted by Led ZeppF1
Me too.
ahoy.... me 3!
Old 23 Jun 2004, 16:05 (Ref:1013528)   #42
HKUSP40C
Rookie

HKUSP40C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
Q: And what about with Jarno, down at the first corner here?
TS: It was a bit of a drama again. Into the last corner I saw the oil flag was waving and Jarno was a little bit hesitant on the throttle onto the banking and I was really coming in on the slipstream. And still there was oil flags everywhere but I didn't see the yellow flags. When I was diving to him, just in the middle of the straight, I saw the yellow flags just into turn one but I was sure it was before the yellow flag that this move was completely done. The team came on and said "yellow flag, yellow flag" and there was just so many flags over there that I was a bit confused at first. Firstly I jumped off the throttle and then I came back into neutral into the braking and at the same time one of the McLaren cars came in and I had to brake and I couldn't turn in because there was a McLaren and I lost it in the middle of the corner and obviously Jarno was on the outside and we both went off on the grass. But we didn't touch and it just happens in racing I think.

Neither driver could turn in because Kimi was right at the Apex coming out of the pits. Even if he would've held back, he had alot more speed than Jarno, and would've passed him eventually.

Last edited by HKUSP40C; 23 Jun 2004 at 16:07.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 18:51 (Ref:1013726)   #43
Tye
Racer

Canada
Canada
Tye has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Cheers for Takuma!

Great agrresive drive by Sato. He comprehensively beat Button and has made the racing world take serious notice of his talent. If he can consistently deliver the results both Dave and Button will be out of a job.

Peter Mallett:

'Quite possibly. Sadly for you JV wasn't out there holding everyone up.'

Pathetic post.

Gt_R:

'I wonder if anybody still doubt BAR made a wrong choice in letting JV go and taking on Sato.'

Sato's results are due to an improved car for this season and that is clear to see. JV could very well have had a win or two this season, mind you with the terrible reliabilty Sato has had to date in the season, I doubt it.

Sato-san:

'Taku is very fast indeed, has fantastic aggression in a race car, he wants to race people that are sometimes keen to let their pit crew do the racing for them.'

I agree Sato-san. He's a breath of fresh air in every respect. As you mention above, he doesn't rely on his pit crew to do the racing for him, unlike a racing team we all know about.

I was hoping that Boy Button wouldn't have been forced into retirement with his gearbox problem because Sato was carving through the field leaving Jenson in his wake. I think Button's retirement saved him a great deal of embarrasment.

Tye
Old 23 Jun 2004, 19:41 (Ref:1013771)   #44
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by senna12

They also mentioned a GP drivers meeting recently, where DC came up to Taku and said "I would not have tried that move on Rubens", to which Taku's reply was, "I know!"

Priceless.

Hahahaha!!
Old 23 Jun 2004, 23:38 (Ref:1014023)   #45
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I wish some people would get off this guys back (he doesnt care anyway, it won't change him) and enjoy watching a racing driver at his craft. He was one of the finest F3 drivers of all time and he is starting to apply it in F1.

And, as predicted, he is starting to get the wood on Jenson.

What do you prefer... a guy who sums up his opposition and attacks or a processional robot? That response to DC was priceless - he knows DC couldnt pass anything except wind.

Taki is good value for fans.
Old 23 Jun 2004, 23:59 (Ref:1014036)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You might not be on Sato's back, but you make up for it with other drivers link
Old 24 Jun 2004, 01:08 (Ref:1014063)   #47
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by deeks6
He knows DC couldnt pass anything except wind.

Not been watching F1 very closely, have you?
Old 24 Jun 2004, 03:59 (Ref:1014123)   #48
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
You might not be on Sato's back, but you make up for it with other drivers link
Well, gee whiz, Adam ... don't you agree that they need to lift their game? I havent missed a GP for almost 30 years and it's never been this boring.