Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Sep 2001, 03:31 (Ref:149003)   #26
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would say JPM will soon have the psychological advantage over Ralf as he is certainly not as mentally strong as TGF. Even though he's been at the team and in F1 far longer, it hasn't taken JPM long at all to match him and I think that would shake any team-mate.

As for TGF, I think he will soon have to respect JPM because he is one of those drivers that TGF will make him want to retire.

JPM, along with Kimi and others, are the future of F1.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 03:48 (Ref:149007)   #27
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would say JPM will soon have the psychological advantage over Ralf as he is certainly not as mentally strong as TGF. Even though he's been at the team and in F1 far longer, it hasn't taken JPM long at all to match him and I think that would shake any team-mate.

As for TGF, I think he will soon have to respect JPM because he is one of those drivers that TGF will make him want to retire.

JPM, along with Kimi and others, are the future of F1.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 05:15 (Ref:149026)   #28
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya

Reality people... he's won one race... He's not the next Senna - he's probably more like the next Barrichello...

Aggy? Where are you? Help me out here.
Or the next Katayama,lol.

No i don`t think Montoya has done anything well repetitively except eat gravel.

His move in Austria was macho nonsense,which failed phsyically and psychologically...he is overated beyond compare.

Any talk of next senna/next WDC is lunatic stuff,a speciality of the lunatic fringe,headed by the one and only.....
Old 21 Sep 2001, 05:19 (Ref:149027)   #29
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing

I never took you seriusly so is not a great lost. Hey you are the one asking AGGY for help not me...LOL

Schumachers has been caught cheating in the past, specially in 94, and that is a fact. Why he did not get punished the goes down to a certain Bernie who wanted to save F1 from the death of Senna. AUSTRALIA 94.
Why would someone Not call for Aggy`s help.

Maybe because in 94 he was innocent/or not enough conclusive evidence,and like it or not...we need conclusive evidence,not multiple conspiracy theories,although Bernie is a strange creature...a great horror movie natural.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 08:22 (Ref:149046)   #30
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's your verdict on the Jerez incident in 97 then, AGGY?

Quote:
Originally posted by Roy2
And I can't help but remember a quote MS made earlier this year. He said something about what he'd do if he was faced with a powerful challenge from a young upcoming star driver. He said he'd retire.
I sincerely hope not. I'm very much looking forward to the TGF/JPM battles over the next three years. TGF has signed a contract to race for Ferrari until the end of 2004, he should stand by his word like a man and not be intimidated by a young up and coming driver. I will feel cheated - and I suspect so will a lot of other F1 fans - of a great rivalry if TGF decides to retire, say, at the end of this season instead of in three years time.
Old 21 Sep 2001, 09:14 (Ref:149065)   #31
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by R
What's your verdict on the Jerez incident in 97 then, AGGY?

I sincerely hope not. I'm very much looking forward to the TGF/JPM battles over the next three years. TGF has signed a contract to race for Ferrari until the end of 2004, he should stand by his word like a man and not be intimidated by a young up and coming driver. I will feel cheated - and I suspect so will a lot of other F1 fans - of a great rivalry if TGF decides to retire, say, at the end of this season instead of in three years time.
Schumi guilty.
Old 30 Sep 2001, 20:28 (Ref:153855)   #32
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You see the trend developing here. Every time Formula Juan is behind Schumacher he launches successful attacks that end up in astonishing overtaking moves. Brazil, Silverstone and Indy.
Old 30 Sep 2001, 20:33 (Ref:153861)   #33
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poetry in Motion BB
Old 30 Sep 2001, 20:35 (Ref:153862)   #34
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones
Poetry in Motion BB
Indeed.
Old 30 Sep 2001, 21:34 (Ref:153919)   #35
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Re: Is Formula Juan imposing the rules of the game?

Quote:
As you will remember Barrichello, a very second class driver, was able to pressure Montoya to a mistake and get ahead of him in Monza. While the Williams was suffering from a heavy load and blistered tires Schumacher was just sitting behind Montoya not even trying to get ahead of him, Why?

Was the message sent in Austria was strong enough? Have Montoya gained a psychological advantage over Schumacher by his “I don’t give a ****” way of driving in Brazil and Austria? What do you reckon?

I'd say. YES.
You seem to be part of the putsch here that underestimate the abilities of JPM. His pass on MSch today underscores my point. Why don't you guys admit that JPM is better than you guys thought? He will be a better driver than MSch next year - watch this space.

OK, maybe better already.

And talking about ability, I am just wondering when Jos is going to get a decent car to drive. His overtaking record so far this year has been phenomenal, in a sport where overtaking is nigh on impossible.
Old 30 Sep 2001, 23:59 (Ref:154041)   #36
BBKing
Veteran

I almost got banned when an admin of this forum called Formula Juan "a dork". I am among the few in this forum that have never doubted he would do what he is doing.

Having said that I try to be objective enough to see mistakes when they are made.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 00:11 (Ref:154045)   #37
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I almost got banned when an admin of this forum called Formula Juan "a dork".

Gee!! What did you say to upset the guy?

And, I was only funning - see the poke tongue?

Having said all this, I really think this guy will be the most exciting thing to hit F1 for a long while.

And did you see the in car shot of him correcting going into a corner? This guy is going to be Ralf's embarrasment next year; and I was a fan of Ralf also, that was until he slagged off at JPM during the post race interview about how he was nursing his own engine and let JPM go.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 00:17 (Ref:154048)   #38
AGGY
Racer

Give it up Valve,JPM launched a suicide manoeuvre,and the sensilble Schumi reacted with dignity and ease,and of course brought the car home...again.

JPM is still BS driving a fast car.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 00:23 (Ref:154052)   #39
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Just to let you know why I am not responding to you post AGGY, I have you on my ignore list, and I have no intention of reading the tripe that you post.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 08:31 (Ref:154140)   #40
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Just to let you know why I am not responding to you post AGGY, I have you on my ignore list, and I have no intention of reading the tripe that you post.
I`m deeply wounded,enjoy your fantasy world.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 08:37 (Ref:154141)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really enjoyed Montoya's pass. It was exciting.

Last edited by Adam43; 1 Oct 2001 at 08:37.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 10:49 (Ref:154176)   #42
Logan
Rookie

Logan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One things for sure, Montoya certainly seems to stir up everybodys emotions round here so he must have something to him!

I think rather than arguing about whether he will be the next 'great' driver or not it would be time better spent just enjoying the fact that there is another guy in F1 capable of winning (and therefore possibly taking a championship) and therefore who is putting on a good show for us lot - the fans. Surely in the end that's the main reason why we're all here?

Logan.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 11:02 (Ref:154185)   #43
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce

And did you see the in car shot of him correcting going into a corner? This guy is going to be Ralf's embarrasment next year; and I was a fan of Ralf also... .
Sorry Valve my friend,

I couldn't in all conscience let this one pass.....

The humble pies are on you!

Ralf has seen the best of times, welcome to the future. It is Columbian.

As for Michael. He was once like JPM, as Alesi was as well. HUNGRY.

Both look too well fed and playing the corporate 'spokesman' to really hang it all out. Not like Jaun.

Any enemy of Ralf's is a friend of mine
Old 1 Oct 2001, 11:15 (Ref:154189)   #44
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AGGY
JPM launched a suicide manoeuvre,and the sensilble Schumi reacted with dignity and ease,and of course brought the car home...again.
I'm not sure exactly what you saw as suicidal, Montoya was able to get inside of Schumacher and outbrake him,and from what I saw keep his car well under control. It was a good clean pass by one aggressive driver on another driver who (like his brother) has seen the future ......

Yes,

The end of the Schumi era.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 12:15 (Ref:154216)   #45
Piquet
Racer

Piquet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Give it up Valve,JPM launched a suicide manoeuvre,and the sensilble Schumi reacted with dignity and ease,and of course brought the car home...again.

JPM is still BS driving a fast car.
You must have been playing GP3 or something AGGY because the sceen you describe certainly did not happen in yesterdays US GP. I was 90% sure the car would let him down - but I don't care, all I wanted him to do was make a superb pass & show MS the way! (Again) By the way I think he has happy enough with that pass being the sum total of his days work, based on his ITV interview with Loiise Goodman after going out.
He did it in style & I cannot wait until next season now !!

GO GO GO JPM !!
Old 1 Oct 2001, 15:18 (Ref:154272)   #46
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, I can’t help it! It appears that Pablo is either entertaining and fails or conservative and finishes outside points. (This is not so obvious because he rarely finishes) And actually (this one I reeeeeeally have to let it go ) it was a race, Barcelona, when 2 McLarens, 2 Ferraris and one Williams had various kind of problems. Basically Montoya ran all alone yet he managed somehow to finish second.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 15:33 (Ref:154285)   #47
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
JPM launched a suicide manoeuvre, the sensilble Schumi reacted with dignity and ease...
Is this F1 or a chess tournament ???

Thanks to Mr. Montoya, we get some action on GP weekends, again.

Go Juan, Go

PS: "sensilble Schumi"... , ask Ralf about his sensible race-starting moves...
Old 1 Oct 2001, 16:48 (Ref:154337)   #48
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I am among the few in this forum that have never doubted he would do what he is doing.
I never doubted him either, and I'm not going to start now... He is the real deal, and I knew it right from the moment he made his mark in CART.

Quote:
Originally posted by Piquet
I cannot wait until next season now !!
I want to agree with you, but Williams must sort out their reliability problems, that's the main worry now. If the car holds, Juan Pablo will be World Champion.
Old 3 Oct 2001, 05:10 (Ref:155158)   #49
AGGY
Racer

To speed,enemy ace,and piquet.

JPM is a maniac,i wonder if he wants WDC,or the rep as a madman,because he`s got it.

I don`t think it`s appropriate for him to barge threw and say,move or crash.

He will "gravel it" a term dedicated to JPM,at Suzuka.

I tell you guys this,IF jpm WINS A clean race,not full of attrition,i`ll leave the forum as a digraced idiot.

But if he under-performs or cocks it up,expect some AGGY fireworks.
Old 3 Oct 2001, 05:47 (Ref:155160)   #50
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
Quote:
i`ll leave the forum as a digraced idiot.
Better start packing you bags then.

As for JPM's supposed 'suicidal move' on TGF, where the hell did you pull that one from????

As for sensible TGF, well......