Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jun 2007, 18:48 (Ref:1946604)   #26
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK
As to relevance to the thread, it is "ALMS 2007 Post Le Mans," isn't it?
As it threatens to overwhelm other ALMS news, I've split off the discussion of CET - really, it deserves its own topic now anyway.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 25 Jun 2007, 20:08 (Ref:1946679)   #27
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Sorry, not my job to investigate and find the facts to verify the "investigative report" at LTC! It is the "reporters" responsibility to have the substantiating facts to prove the implications. Otherwise it is just scurrilous rhetoric.

L.P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK
The response to much of this is in Part 2
So, it might be the responsibility of the reporters to have the facts, but they don't always have to be spelled out or listed do they? Is it the reporters job to spoon feed people too? Do you do the same thing with articles in the newspaper or on TV too?
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:37 (Ref:1946779)   #28
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
So, it might be the responsibility of the reporters to have the facts, but they don't always have to be spelled out or listed do they? Is it the reporters job to spoon feed people too? Do you do the same thing with articles in the newspaper or on TV too?

Let me just say; National Inquirer or Wall Street Journal, your choice! I know what mine is.

Also http://www.trackbytes.com/news.php?id=3291 or

http://www.racingfanatics.com/Hot%20...PRs/CETPR1.htm

L.P.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:44 (Ref:1946786)   #29
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm this gets more interesting by the day
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:45 (Ref:1946789)   #30
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Quote:
Let me just say; National Inquirer or Wall Street Journal, your choice! I know what mine is.

Also http://www.trackbytes.com/news.php?id=3291 or

http://www.racingfanatics.com/Hot%20...PRs/CETPR1.htm

L.P.
It's easy to tell...
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:52 (Ref:1946797)   #31
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
It's easy to tell...
Yes it is, mine is the one with all the facts and figures. With a reputation for integrity and accuracy.

L.P.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 21:59 (Ref:1946808)   #32
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Stop it, you're killing me...

Please point out the fact and figures you're talking about.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 22:02 (Ref:1946811)   #33
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Yes it is, mine is the one with all the facts and figures. With a reputation for integrity and accuracy.

L.P.
Before people make statements about facts and figures, integrity and accuracy, I think it would be prudent to allow this to play out. For now, it would suffice to say that there are claims made in this announcement, that appear to be untrue. Whether these claims are relevant to the team's future is questionable at best, but it does make you wonder about claims that are relevant.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 22:08 (Ref:1946815)   #34
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Before people make statements about facts and figures, integrity and accuracy, I think it would be prudent to allow this to play out. For now, it would suffice to say that there are claims made in this announcement, that appear to be untrue. Whether these claims are relevant to the team's future is questionable at best, but it does make you wonder about claims that are relevant.
So are you saying that the Wall Street Journal does not put forth facts and figures, and is not known for its accuracy and integrity?

L.P.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 22:12 (Ref:1946817)   #35
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
So are you saying that the Wall Street Journal does not put forth facts and figures, and is not known for its accuracy and integrity?

L.P.

I am talking about the Solaroli release and nothing more.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 22:31 (Ref:1946829)   #36
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
I am talking about the Solaroli release and nothing more.
Funny thing that. I have not stated anything about the first Solaroli 'investigative report' since the continuation was put forth. And nothing at all about the continuation itself! My posts have been in response to a single individuals effort to silence my opinion (except for the links to the release from Solaroli)!

L.P.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 22:37 (Ref:1946832)   #37
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Funny thing that. I have not stated anything about the first Solaroli 'investigative report' since the continuation was put forth. And nothing at all about the continuation itself! My posts have been in response to a single individuals effort to silence my opinion (except for the links to the release from Solaroli)!

L.P.

It sure looked like discussion of the press release and 'investigative report' to me, so I apologize if I misunderstood.

Perhaps it would be best, if we left the derailment arguing alone going forward, and stick to discussion of Solaroli, the press release and the 'investigative report' then?
Old 25 Jun 2007, 23:48 (Ref:1946855)   #38
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, how many articles have you seen lately that are footnoted? Interesting that you find it all so easy to dismiss.

Is the Securities and Exchange Commission one of those "scurrilous" and undependable sources?

So far, there has been nothing written in either of those installments that's not verified by a written document. Can you say the same about your points of view and about a press release? I hope that the drivers referred to in that release soon comment. In fact I was pretty surprised that they did not, since having them do so is pretty much PR "standard practice."

When they do, I hope they tell us they will soon be in that Spyder. Perhaps they will even say when that will be. As for the subject of the articles, we've asked for comment on its content, and not gotten any thus far.

I've no axe to grind at all. I research a subject, and because we believe it is important news to the sport and those who follow it, we published it. You can believe it or not. Were we expected to "sit" on such information? If anyone wants to, they can verify most of it in the same way we were able to.
Old 25 Jun 2007, 23:53 (Ref:1946857)   #39
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No confirmation that they will be at Lime Rock though.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 00:17 (Ref:1946868)   #40
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
No confirmation that they will be at Lime Rock though.
They won't be.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 22:55 (Ref:1948598)   #41
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nor is there a confirmation that they will be at Mid-Ohio.

Interestingly, the two drivers named as "announced," (past tense in that press release...when did that happen?). Have not made any comment at all. I find that exceedingly odd, as I don't recall a driver announcement in this sport that didn't include a quote from the driver(s) involved.

It's especially striking in this case, since the drivers are so well known and have large "fan bases." There have been attempts to reach them - to no avail.

Nor did the press release tell us when and where the team would be racing, testing, or anything else. That is, if there is actually a team. Has any member of that team surfaced other than the principal (and the two mute drivers)? By name? Not that I recall. (Please correct me if I am wrong.) OK, I recall Nick Jordan being mentioned. Perhaps Mr. Jordan will grace the racing community with an endorsement?

It seems likely - just a guess here - that the subject release was a "defensive move" in response to the articles on LTC. At least the timing ( and the absense of any "real" content) is suspect.

Last edited by TWK; 27 Jun 2007 at 22:57.
Old 27 Jun 2007, 23:48 (Ref:1948622)   #42
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
If you look really hard for suspicious actions, you're going to find them whether they exist or not.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 02:21 (Ref:1948662)   #43
TWK
Veteran

Quote:
If you look really hard for suspicious actions, you're going to find them whether they exist or not.
An analytical response fully worthy of thoughtful discourse. Yup, that explains all.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 06:14 (Ref:1948698)   #44
canam
Veteran

canam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The drivers could have been paid a small amount to keep quiet and could, technically, be on a small retainer. Given that both of these excellent drivers do not have full-time drives this year, it would not be rational for them to say something that could imperil that (even very small) probability of getting a well paid drive in (what is touted by one man to be) a well-funded team.

The hole is already very deep and Mr S seems capable if digging an even deeper one. Forget about engine technology; he should go into gold mining....oh perhaps he will...uh oh...he will soo be making a bid for Barrick Resources.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 07:57 (Ref:1948751)   #45
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK
An analytical response fully worthy of thoughtful discourse. Yup, that explains all.
I'm not explaining anything, I'm just saying I think you're reaching a little. Especially in claiming that the press release was caused by your article.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 09:08 (Ref:1948809)   #46
TWK
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not explaining anything, I'm just saying I think you're reaching a little. Especially in claiming that the press release was caused by your article.
A "guess," (in my mind) is different than a "claim" and I only did that because I got another (related) e-mail just a few minutes before the release. OK, fine. It wasn't. The timing was coincidence. Thanks.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 10:57 (Ref:1948896)   #47
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
To those that doubt Tom's reporting, here's one question to ponder. CET has had their cars for nearly two months now...why haven't they tested anywhere? I hear the cars have sat as they were delivered and that there's very good reason for that. The house of cards is collapsing.
Old 28 Jun 2007, 16:15 (Ref:1948946)   #48
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Maybe we should just shoot the messenger when its news we personally don't like?
Old 28 Jun 2007, 16:23 (Ref:1948954)   #49
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MulsanneMike
I hear the cars have sat as they were delivered and that there's very good reason for that.
Well, they have been painted.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 Jun 2007, 16:26 (Ref:1948957)   #50
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Or at least one of them...
Closed Thread