Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 May 2001, 18:25 (Ref:99410)   #26
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly remember this is Loews the tightest corner of them all in F1. In fact that tight that the teams have to adjust the front suspensions to increase the steering angle sufficiently to get round this corner, even when a driver is going through on his own.

So Dino: why DID Jos pass Bernoldi in the first part of Loews if it's to thight??, if you must steer full lock why is'nt Heidfeld steering in the picture??.
Old 31 May 2001, 18:26 (Ref:99411)   #27
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That only indicates that they too only download the scarse videoclips from the net.
Old 31 May 2001, 19:01 (Ref:99423)   #28
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The above posting was in reply to Liz btw

"So Dino: why DID Jos pass Bernoldi in the first part of Loews if it's to thight??"
What's your point? You don't believe me when I say Loews is tight? I don't think that anyone would dispute that Loews is that tight. It simply is. As for the entry part. I don't know, but that's not impossible. Especially not on the first lap when the pack is close together and you can't pick your normal braking point but should be much more aware of not hitting the guy in front of you. Maybe you remember last year's (and much more in the past century) mahem at Loews in the first lap? Loews with one car is tight. With two cars it's like a crowd in the bathroom.

"if you must steer full lock why is'nt Heidfeld steering in the picture??."
If I look at this picture one can clearly see Nick is steering, probably full lock as well. F1 cars are not big Mercs with a steering angle of 50 degrees. It's normally some 15 degrees and at Monaco a few degrees more. Nick is using his wheel don't worry. If he wouldn't Jos wouldn't have reached the next corner. The fact that Jos complains that 'he nearly sent me into the wall' is as valid as exclaiming that you haven't been given room when you run passed someone through a doorway. Loews is simply tight, very tight.