Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Apr 2008, 00:09 (Ref:2190690)   #26
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, they haven't raced the new one yet.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 00:57 (Ref:2190703)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Carbon Fibre Black.

L.P.
Your not serious ?
Old 30 Apr 2008, 01:16 (Ref:2190709)   #28
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
Your not serious ?
Why yes I am! As to what livery will be painted/applied on the chassis is another question.

L.P.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 02:08 (Ref:2190717)   #29
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Any idea what color the GDF chassis will be ?
Probably blue and white.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 02:18 (Ref:2190719)   #30
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Why yes I am! As to what livery will be painted/applied on the chassis is another question.

L.P.
So , in other words , your just trying to be a smartarse ? Trying being the operative word here !!!
Old 30 Apr 2008, 05:47 (Ref:2190778)   #31
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe something like this.

L.P.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 18:04 (Ref:2191268)   #32
The Badger
Veteran

I hope not ..... that looks hangin too !!!
Old 30 Apr 2008, 20:29 (Ref:2191374)   #33
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
I hope not ..... that looks hangin too !!!
Then why ask the question?!

From a Q&A session with de Ferran;
Quote:
Q: Did you get involved in the development of the livery and look for de Ferran Motorsports?

A: "Personally, I have very much enjoyed the design process of the livery of the car and our entire corporate image. I've been fortunate to work with my old friends at Pfanner Communications including their designer Paul Laguette. As my wife would say, everything has turned out to be very much ‘me'. I quite enjoy design and getting involved with this was a fun part of the project. We have worked on maintaining a consistent design language across every element of our team's presentation. Hopefully, you find it tasteful.

"Using the number 66 is very special for me given the history of the number with Roger Penske and Jim Hall. I raced number 66 in the Indy 500 back in 2001 and the number is also very famously connected with Jim Hall and Chapparal. I wouldn't be where I am today without Jim and Roger so it is an honor to acknowledge them by using this number. I am forever thankful to both of those guys for the role they played in my life."
Most of Hall's cars were solid white with black #'s until the CART days.

Also is this from another piece;
Quote:
The de Ferran Motorsports' iconic red, white and blue-liveried Acura hit the track in testing for the first time at Sebring International Raceway this week.
Seeing as how there is not a whole lot of white on the images released with these articles I would speculate that they were from the earliest part of the testing session and that what is being shown to us is a partial livery and that which is black will more than likely be white with Panasonic signage added, which corporate logo color is blue (upper left corner)!

Which is exactly what the image I posted shows. You have a better conclusion/idea, feel free to share it with the poor likes of me.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 30 Apr 2008 at 20:32.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 20:40 (Ref:2191379)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Then why ask the question?!
I asked the question because I am interested in finding out what livery the car will run in ...... and I am also entitled to pass my opinion of what i think of the livery , or not ?

Plus , that pic above doesnt look real to me , rather like something somebody did in their spare time on a PC , so I dont know how acurate it is .

Last edited by The Badger; 30 Apr 2008 at 20:42.
Old 30 Apr 2008, 22:32 (Ref:2191437)   #35
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Most of Hall's cars were solid white with black #'s until the CART days.
I think it's great that he is using the number 66 and having his car mostly white to pay homage to Jim Hall and the Chaparral!

DK
Old 4 May 2008, 22:49 (Ref:2194047)   #36
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
'All well and good about the livery of the body. I thought, tho', the question was that of the colour of the chassis?

jimclark
Old 6 May 2008, 16:30 (Ref:2195338)   #37
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
A little off topic; This video shows part of Larry Miller's collection which is housed at MMP. Enjoy! Be sure to watch the whole video as it has quite the titillating end.

L.P.
Old 6 May 2008, 16:38 (Ref:2195344)   #38
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark
'All well and good about the livery of the body. I thought, tho', the question was that of the colour of the chassis?

Paint on Carbon Fiber weighs too much....
Old 7 May 2008, 07:26 (Ref:2195750)   #39
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Hmm, I've heard rumblings that Lou and the Riley have both made good use of the time off since Long Beach with their respective weight training issues and just may meet the new weight from bulletin # ALMS 08-04, svelte! And that they will indeed have new shoes for the race but the shoes will be more similar to those on the "home team". And there may be a guest driver at SLC.

L.P.
Old 7 May 2008, 08:46 (Ref:2195807)   #40
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Pfff, IMSA starts again with the "balance of performance" to help the weaker teams/cars
Old 7 May 2008, 11:58 (Ref:2195955)   #41
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion
Pfff, IMSA starts again with the "balance of performance" to help the weaker teams/cars
Seriously, is this SPEED World Challenge?
Old 7 May 2008, 16:46 (Ref:2196204)   #42
thebtspecial6
Rookie

United States
thebtspecial6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hmm, I've heard rumblings that Lou and the Riley have both made good use of the time off since Long Beach with their respective weight training issues and just may meet the new weight from bulletin # ALMS 08-04, svelte! And that they will indeed have new shoes for the race but the shoes will be more similar to those on the "home team". And there may be a guest driver at SLC.

L.P.
That's great! But, what about the Viper? He's been the slowest of them all.
Old 7 May 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2196231)   #43
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebtspecial6
That's great! But, what about the Viper? He's been the slowest of them all.
Do you know what weight the Viper is running at, I don't? The Viper in not homologated yet and is still running under waiver I believe, and so what weight is it being allowed to run at on the waiver?

L.P.
Old 7 May 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2196245)   #44
thebtspecial6
Rookie

United States
thebtspecial6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no idea. I wasn't even aware that the viper was not homologated. I would think that since he's under a waiver that he would be heavier than the other cars.
Old 7 May 2008, 23:33 (Ref:2196481)   #45
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Well LG is not getting any support from GM for the most part and I wouldn't lead you to think Riley is on the same level of Prodrive; they aren't.

The car was already fast in a straight line, they couldn't get the balance and handling down, I suspect that was the main problem. But also races on only two tracks LG has seen before and with a new car overall.

Why not give a bit of a boost to an independent team? Afterall, the ACO left the door open for use of production engines in LMP's and look how close that Lola is to the diesel cars after 2 races!

I never had a problem helping the little guy, I do have a problem with dumbing down the series so they can win, they aren't doing that.
Old 7 May 2008, 23:57 (Ref:2196495)   #46
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Look, nobody wants to see an artificially created race, I think we can mostly all agree on this one. Having said that, I don't believe this is going to change a thing, though it probably will bring these cars closer to the Ferrari and Porsche. It gives the appearance of trying to help the small guys, but it won't change anything. I looked at the rules, and felt about the same way I feel that Autocon and Intersport receive breaks.... will it really make any difference? Probably not.
Old 8 May 2008, 13:39 (Ref:2196874)   #47
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
It gives the appearance of trying to help the small guys, but it won't change anything. I looked at the rules, and felt about the same way I feel that Autocon and Intersport receive breaks.... will it really make any difference? Probably not.
So what happens at Petit when teams come over from Europe to run? Will they receive the same breaks? I think not. So then why should they come over and run against cars that are at a 50+ pound weight advantage? I certainly wouldn't bring a team over to race if I knew we would struggle to be competitive against the backmarkers.
Old 8 May 2008, 13:52 (Ref:2196881)   #48
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcat
So what happens at Petit when teams come over from Europe to run? Will they receive the same breaks? I think not. So then why should they come over and run against cars that are at a 50+ pound weight advantage? I certainly wouldn't bring a team over to race if I knew we would struggle to be competitive against the backmarkers.
Which teams from Europe are going to come over and run a Riley Corvette, a Panoz, an Aston or Doran GT at Petit? Any team that could run such a car would receive the same break. I'd expect the number to be approaching zero.

Which Euro GT teams have consistantly come over to Petit, in a Porsche or Ferrari? Similarily, that number approaches zero.

While this isn't the reasoning behind such a rule, it's not as if IMSA needs any Euro GT entrants to make GT2 a better race anywhere. Besides, if you can't beat these teams, even with these breaks, frankly you aren't going to come anywhere near the top teams, and I don't think IMSA, nor most fans give a toss if such Euro back markers show up or not in GT2.
Old 8 May 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2196883)   #49
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The latest updated entry list for Salt Lake does not have the Aston Martin on it. It appears they have pulled out. This is very disappointing. I should clarify that, the GT1 Aston is out, the GT2 is still on the list.

DK

Last edited by dxk1; 8 May 2008 at 14:05.
Old 8 May 2008, 14:12 (Ref:2196890)   #50
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund

While this isn't the reasoning behind such a rule, it's not as if IMSA needs any Euro GT entrants to make GT2 a better race anywhere. Besides, if you can't beat these teams, even with these breaks, frankly you aren't going to come anywhere near the top teams, and I don't think IMSA, nor most fans give a toss if such Euro back markers show up or not in GT2.
Dont think any Euro GT teams, GT2 or GT1 have the budget to cross the Atlantic and race more then just Sebring. If the team was not at Sebring, their not coming to the US to race.

Big budget P1 and P2 teams is different. Would love to see the 908 at Road Atanta for Peit.