Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jul 2024, 09:18 (Ref:4219948)   #26
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Looking at the forecast for Bankstown airport, they are going for a westerly wind , 30 knosts gusting up to 42 knots until about 1730, then dropping back to about 27 knots after that.

Nice little breeze off the Blue Mountains as day turns to night.

The Supercar brains trust will be nice and warm in the corporate box.
Sitting in the Grandstand.The wind is blowing from north west so it hasn’t been felt in the Grandstand all day.Wind?What wind?
Last year at Supercars here in July temperature was in mid 20’s.
Old 20 Jul 2024, 09:35 (Ref:4219949)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymacca View Post
Have to wonder about Supercars logic behind a night race in the middle of winter! Stupid logic.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Jul 2024, 09:54 (Ref:4219951)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Jul 2024, 09:58 (Ref:4219952)   #29
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymacca View Post
Have to wonder about Supercars logic behind a night race in the middle of winter! Stupid logic.
Imagine the government paying to put events on when there is nothing on?

Stupid logic
Old 20 Jul 2024, 11:51 (Ref:4219957)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Mostert and WAU did brilliantly!
So did the strategy and driver discipline of Groves with Mr Payne..

The driver introductions were interesting but you couldn’t get a feel of whether the crowd cared or not.. made for teev perhaps..

Be interesting to see how tomorrow goes in does & strategy.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Jul 2024, 12:28 (Ref:4219961)   #31
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
The Ford teams certainly wiped the floor with the chevs this evening, what will tomorrow bring, will more teams try the one stop strategy as did Payne?
Old 20 Jul 2024, 19:50 (Ref:4219982)   #32
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Mostert and WAU did brilliantly!
So did the strategy and driver discipline of Groves with Mr Payne..

The driver introductions were interesting but you couldn’t get a feel of whether the crowd cared or not.. made for teev perhaps..

Be interesting to see how tomorrow goes in does & strategy.
Agree re Mostert WAU Payne and Grove.

I deliberately avoided anything remotely like driver introductions, only turning the TV back on a few minutes before race start, so I cant comment. At least I could do something I wanted to do, I suspect those that were there in person being subjected to it would not have had that luxury. Each to their own I guess. I dont go to race meetings to see NASCAR like introductions. Even in summer. Call me old fashioned.....
Old 21 Jul 2024, 02:33 (Ref:4219999)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
888 have another dreadful qually… and Erebus.. and Mr Payne..

Most of the usual suspects are there.. premiair is a surprise yet their history might suggest not being a threat..

Amazing..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jul 2024, 03:26 (Ref:4220004)   #34
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
7 teams qualify for the top 10, and 0.35 covering the ten. Brodie missed the top 10 by 2 hundredths and was 13th so pretty close.
And blue skies with not a cloud in sight.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 04:21 (Ref:4220008)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Pole to Mr Davison… WOW!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 21 Jul 2024, 04:56 (Ref:4220010)   #36
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Pole to Mr Davison… WOW!
DJR progressing in the right direction, will they once again become the premier team?
Old 21 Jul 2024, 10:07 (Ref:4220027)   #37
banksie
Racer

Australia
Victoria
banksie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mostert was in a different league to the competition this weekend.

See if he can replicate it with the different tyre compound in Tassie.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 11:30 (Ref:4220030)   #38
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksie View Post
Mostert was in a different league to the competition this weekend.

See if he can replicate it with the different tyre compound in Tassie.
Chaz was absolutely in a league of his own, Feeney on the other hand has been performing like he is "yesterdays man".
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:17 (Ref:4220133)   #39
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Chaz was absolutely in a league of his own, Feeney on the other hand has been performing like he is "yesterdays man".
My impression with Feeney is that, at least this year (don't quite remember previous ones), when starting further back he struggles making a big progress. Seems lost in the crowd and loses time, hindering his chances for something like a Top 6 finish. Brown seems to maximise his performance a lot better so far. If he hadn't been involved in that shunt at Townsville, he'd be miles ahead in points.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 22:54 (Ref:4220179)   #40
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
My impression with Feeney is that, at least this year (don't quite remember previous ones), when starting further back he struggles making a big progress. Seems lost in the crowd and loses time, hindering his chances for something like a Top 6 finish. Brown seems to maximise his performance a lot better so far. If he hadn't been involved in that shunt at Townsville, he'd be miles ahead in points.
It could be that but he qualified poorly compared to his teammate, maybe triple eight are just falling behind?
Old 22 Jul 2024, 00:52 (Ref:4220191)   #41
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Chaz's prior form suggests he will be 20th next round and not able to explain why.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 03:48 (Ref:4220200)   #42
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Chaz's prior form suggests he will be 20th next round and not able to explain why.
I have had my suspicions that the camaros may have better drive out of slow corners and with the hairpin at Tassie it won't surprise me if they bounce back next round.
Old 22 Jul 2024, 10:19 (Ref:4220232)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I have had my suspicions that the camaros may have better drive out of slow corners and with the hairpin at Tassie it won't surprise me if they bounce back next round.
The cars are all the same under the covers.
It may not be a ‘Camaro’ trait to have good drive, but a focus of the team that just happens to run Camaros.

That said.. the Mobil1/Optus Mustang was a weapon in Mr Mostert’s hands. While the Mobil1/Truck Assist car was nowhere.. so pilots in the very sand team can have wildly different outcomes…
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 22 Jul 2024, 11:54 (Ref:4220245)   #44
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
The cars are all the same under the covers.
It may not be a ‘Camaro’ trait to have good drive, but a focus of the team that just happens to run Camaros.

That said.. the Mobil1/Optus Mustang was a weapon in Mr Mostert’s hands. While the Mobil1/Truck Assist car was nowhere.. so pilots in the very sand team can have wildly different outcomes…
Mostert was the fastest car with the 2 stop strategy and Waters was the fastest with the 1 stop strategy, camaros dominated at Taupo and Hidden Valley while Mustangs have dominated at Barbagallo, Townsville and SMP........let's see what Symmons Plains brings?
Old 24 Jul 2024, 11:00 (Ref:4220439)   #45
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
First time in like 4 years that Chaz didn't burn the tyres off the car.

Also will he be in 20th with no explanation next round?