Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 May 2002, 08:42 (Ref:280028)   #26
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
I guess with all the air displays South Bank will be closed to spectators. Just a thought!
Yes - they've closed South bank for the last couple of years for this event, maybe that's one of the reasons the rest of the spectator areas look so crowded. Still 24,000 on Sunday last year I believe - that is a lot of people.
Old 8 May 2002, 09:06 (Ref:280041)   #27
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter - if its any consolation sign on is about 1130 for G1
Old 8 May 2002, 09:29 (Ref:280056)   #28
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I look forward to seeing many of you there for both days. Fingers crossed the sun shines again this year!
Old 8 May 2002, 13:03 (Ref:280285)   #29
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sunbeam73
Hi, can someone post the order of events for sunday, i'll probably be coming along to watch.
sean
How come you're not at Pembrey with your new toy ?
Old 8 May 2002, 20:23 (Ref:280549)   #30
sunbeam73
Rookie

England
MULBARTON, near NORWICH
sunbeam73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the new toy isn't so much a toy at the moment - more of a pain in the ass that i could have done without, give me a sunbeam anyday.

wont be ready for a couple of months yet.

sean
Old 13 May 2002, 11:37 (Ref:284910)   #31
Slowcoach
Racer

Slowcoach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like we peaked a little early - nevertheless let's get it back to the top..........
Old 13 May 2002, 13:47 (Ref:285067)   #32
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Again
Old 14 May 2002, 11:15 (Ref:286106)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by josvandeperre
Peter - if its any consolation sign on is about 1130 for G1
Yeah, I know, but it means late finish on Sunday and up at 5.45am on Monday.

Anybody seen the weather forecast?
Old 14 May 2002, 11:22 (Ref:286115)   #34
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Sunny and 26 degs C so bring the sun cream. I spoke to Brands yesterday and South Bank is open despite the air displays but room is limited as there is a static display of classic cars on South Bank. It's a first come, first served basis I'm afraid.
Old 14 May 2002, 11:27 (Ref:286126)   #35
Tony Harman
Veteran

I've noticed that there is no paddock map this year so we could end up with the formulae spread all over the place which doesn't make for such a nice display for any spectators wandering through. I expect people with the big trucks and motorhomes and anyone testing will snatch up all the best spots first, particularly by the fencing to the circuit.
Old 14 May 2002, 11:29 (Ref:286128)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Phew. It's times like this that I start to envy single seater racers.
Old 14 May 2002, 11:36 (Ref:286136)   #37
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Phew. It's times like this that I start to envy single seater racers.
er... why Pete ? haven't you got a/c in your car then
Forecast I saw last night said nice at the end of the week but then cloudy again for the weekend....
Old 14 May 2002, 11:38 (Ref:286138)   #38
Tony Harman
Veteran

Hey Stephen - what do I need to do if I do get the time to Marshal on Sunday ? (won't know until the end of Sat though).
Old 14 May 2002, 12:00 (Ref:286159)   #39
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Just have a word with Trevor Jackson at sign on I reckon. The Euro Boss guys will have the garages no doubt?
Old 14 May 2002, 15:37 (Ref:286382)   #40
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there! Unfortunately, due to not being able to keep my mouth shut I'll be in Race Control all day as Chief Incident Officer. Never done it before so I'm more than a bit worried! Bet I get to see less racing than sitting in a Rescue Unit! :0(
Old 14 May 2002, 17:11 (Ref:286469)   #41
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
*sniggers*
Old 14 May 2002, 17:21 (Ref:286475)   #42
Gonfra
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

United Nations
International Man of Mystery
Gonfra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TT has been practising his DJ's voice in readiness for his big day....
Yo, Big Up and Boyakasha, Nuff Respect....
Old 14 May 2002, 17:27 (Ref:286477)   #43
Tony Harman
Veteran

Quote:
The Euro Boss guys will have the garages no doubt?
Yep - not surprising really, I think the FF2000 guys will get what's left.
We were told we would share garages at some events with the FF2000's but it hasn't happened.
Quote:
Originally posted by Teletubby
I'll be in Race Control all day as Chief Incident Officer
Well I shall try very very hard not to come over and say hello then !

(Anyway race control is a hell of a long walk from the paddock )
Old 14 May 2002, 19:53 (Ref:286608)   #44
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since I stitched myself up all I've had from the rest of the BARC Rescue Crews is grief! I hope nobody falls off or breaks down all bloody weekend, I won't have to say anything then!
Please come and visit! :0)
Old 14 May 2002, 20:00 (Ref:286613)   #45
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Once Iknow which post I'm on I'll try and get over to say hello. Will you be at the Observers briefing each morning?
Old 15 May 2002, 09:09 (Ref:287026)   #46
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Errrr, I dunno, is that normal procedure? I'm supposed to be issuing radios sometime!
I'm appalled to discover that I have to sign on at 7:30!, us Rescue types normally turn up about 2 minutes before the start!
Old 15 May 2002, 09:25 (Ref:287034)   #47
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Is that after you have laid the sleeping bags out in the back of the unit?

As for the briefing, it depends on whether it's a Observers and IO's or just Observers briefing. For BRSCC and other clubs it's normally both together.

So will I see you in the Kentagon>
Old 15 May 2002, 10:51 (Ref:287103)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well I thought I'd make a weekend of it so I'm there from Friday until Sunday evening. Should be enough time to meet a few peeps and even (dare I say it) have a beer or two, leaving plenty of time to sober up before Sunday qualifying.

Now watch it rain all weekend!!!!!
Old 15 May 2002, 11:04 (Ref:287111)   #49
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Arghhhhh, don't say that Peter!
Old 15 May 2002, 11:16 (Ref:287123)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Arghhhhh, don't say that Peter!
Why not? It's possibly my only chance to win.