Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Mar 2005, 02:33 (Ref:1256425)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
True enough, but Mr Kelly was hitting mr Seton on the way OUT of the corner, where the Westpoint car couldnt get traction... this normally doesnt unduly unsettle the car, unless it is totally stuffed for grip....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Mar 2005, 02:42 (Ref:1256427)   #27
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrcon King
Halfway through this battle I was thinking it would be cool to see Todd in an SBR car next year
Omigod...nooooo
Old 20 Mar 2005, 02:44 (Ref:1256429)   #28
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching the slow mo replays on channel 10, TK was nudging GS INTO, THROUGH and OUT of the corners.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 02:45 (Ref:1256430)   #29
HSE2
Racer

HSE2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
True enough, but Mr Kelly was hitting mr Seton on the way OUT of the corner, where the Westpoint car couldnt get traction... this normally doesnt unduly unsettle the car, unless it is totally stuffed for grip....
Exactly right and that was shown more clearly on some of the footage shown a few minutes ago. The times when Glenn’s car was out of shape was when Todd got the braking wrong. Its not very often these cars get pushed on the way out of corners but that’s what was happening in the majority (not all of it) of this contact and for that reason slightly different to what Rick has supposedly been guilty of. He more often then not gets it wrong going in and there is a big difference to what the out come might be in this situation.

It is for this reason I saw nothing wrong with what was essentially great entertainment even though I would have loved to see Glenn beat the HRT car.

Last edited by HSE2; 20 Mar 2005 at 02:47.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1256723)   #30
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
....Rusty perfected this manoeuvre...
I would've said - most delicately of course - that Todd's more experienced team-mate was fairly adept at it as well. I thought that it was a little bit outside what constitutes cricket, according to the old saying, and that Sunday's events saw a continuation of the same sort of carry-on.... with the appropriate response from the ivory tower for his involvement in today's shenanigans.

Still, it was fun while it lasted, and I must temper my response with the thought that I was disappointed tha Seto didn't beat Todd outright, with or without love taps.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 10:27 (Ref:1256726)   #31
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
If you were Seto with a potential lunatic on your bumper, would,nt you just concede the 3 points instead of risking 70 something and hitting the wall?
Love that thinking!

I can see Glenn say before the next race-
"Hrmmm, I'm surrounded by 33 dick heads, I'd better pull over and park under that tree for a while..."

Old 20 Mar 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1257026)   #32
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
At his speed over the last few years, a good strategy I'd think ... concede me this - if you run the defensive line around the entire track you ARE GOING TO GET HIT, nothing surer.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1257398)   #33
Silver GT
Racer

Silver GT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought is was some of the best racing I've seen in years.....a bit of touching up is good for the sport